Check your account email address ×

Is it too early to start talking about sleds?

11 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Actually i wasnt fucking around...ive riden on Lake Winnapegosis a few times.  But ya you do live closer to the big lake. :bc:

Oh...well then I'm a retard for agreeing with you earlier :lol:

9 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

OK now for my stupid question of the hour....differences between the TSS and Tied?

Easy to tune.  Cooler running for belts due to sheave being stationary (non torsional) so it doesn't grab belts the same.  Better backshifting is my biggest thing with them.  SMOOTH and fast. 

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

About $50.

This page has both for you to read about quickly.

https://venomproducts.com/index.php/parts-catalog/secondaryclutches-0-0-0-0-0-0

:bc:

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Easy to tune.  Cooler running for belts due to sheave being stationary (non torsional) so it doesn't grab belts the same.  Better backshifting is my biggest thing with them.  SMOOTH and fast. 

:bc:

For just out riding, either clutch will be fine.

12 hours ago, 800 Dragon said:

CAT biggest piles in history of sleds lmfao why are they still in business ? Only thing worse is piece of shit mach z 

Actually you are a bigger pile of shit you sodomizing sick fuck Faggon800 :finger3: 

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think the Poo models come with the Librul package.  Even includes a blank protest sign. :lol:

I just don't need an 800.  If the Snoxers and XC guys can clutch the 600's to work for them...I know I can.  Don't think I even hit more than 70-75 MPH on any of my rides.  it's corner to corner up and down 30-70 all day baby!!!!  My current sled is a fucking bitch to control now.  Geared and clutched like a racer but 800 in it. 

800's are nice if you have long flat straight stretches like they have in Quebec or norther Maine. The 600's are more than enough for regular trail riding around here. The only time I miss the power of an 800 is on long lake pulls.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

800's are nice if you have long flat straight stretches like they have in Quebec or norther Maine. The 600's are more than enough for regular trail riding around here. The only time I miss the power of an 800 is on long lake pulls.

I don't even know if I miss the power on lakes anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't even know if I miss the power on lakes anymore.

Honestly, I've gone back and forth quite a bit over the last couple of years about the "what if I miss the 800" mistake.  But reality is, I really don't ride anywhere, or in any way that my 800 is helping me.  Not gonna lie though....my sled is a fucking riot until arm pump and fatigue start to set in after wrestling it in and out of the corners while trying to feather the throttle.  I'm over it.  600 WILL BE MY NEXT SLED.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Honestly, I've gone back and forth quite a bit over the last couple of years about the "what if I miss the 800" mistake.  But reality is, I really don't ride anywhere, or in any way that my 800 is helping me.  Not gonna lie though....my sled is a fucking riot until arm pump and fatigue start to set in after wrestling it in and out of the corners while trying to feather the throttle.  I'm over it.  600 WILL BE MY NEXT SLED.

Been there done that. A 600 fits the type of riding I do around northern VT & NH. I'd probably consider going with a 4 stroke if I started riding Quebec again.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Start doing some hand exercises.  Get one of those spring hand grip things and start going to town while you drive.

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think the Poo models come with the Librul package.  Even includes a blank protest sign. :lol:

I just don't need an 800.  If the Snoxers and XC guys can clutch the 600's to work for them...I know I can.  Don't think I even hit more than 70-75 MPH on any of my rides.  it's corner to corner up and down 30-70 all day baby!!!!  My current sled is a fucking bitch to control now.  Geared and clutched like a racer but 800 in it. 

I am with you on a 600 for a tight twisty  trail sled I also like small bikes for city . I like using the whole throttle all the time roll on and off . for deep snow I like 800 or better for track speed .

I have always loved the 700s not sure why they all quit the 7 IMHO that cat f/m7  is one of the best motors they had the old poo 700 twin was a monster the srx red head was a bullet proof screamer. the doos well the cranks locked up in there's of course  

8 hours ago, Reevester said:

800 fagon= @Kev144= massive faggot

Doesn't ANYBODY know who this faggot, 800 FAGGON is? 

8 Years ago he said he was around the Barrie/Muskoka area in Ontario. I'm sure he was lieing. I think he might really be that skinny faggot, AWful Knawful from Campbelltown, New Brunswick. Bottom line, he's a smarmy little faggot that needs his ass kicked.

It's time to expose 800 Faggon!!!

Who is this bitch??????????????????????

REWARD FOR FINDING 800 FAGGON!!!!

5 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

OK now for my stupid question of the hour....differences between the TSS and Tied?

tied is a better clutch imho . best back shifting out there .

the tss has been having issues with western riders when descending you have to brap it to get secondary to catch to help slow you down . not ideal to be free wheeling down the face of a mountain then you have to go faster to slow your self  down . all fine and dandy until you are headed for that cliff or tree line at 60  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, polaris550 said:

Doesn't ANYBODY know who this faggot, 800 FAGGON is? 

8 Years ago he said he was around the Barrie/Muskoka area in Ontario. I'm sure he was lieing. I think he might really be that skinny faggot, AWful Knawful from Campbelltown, New Brunswick. Bottom line, he's a smarmy little faggot that needs his ass kicked.

It's time to expose 800 Faggon!!!

Who is this bitch??????????????????????

REWARD FOR FINDING 800 FAGGON!!!!

Did u meet webba behind Sandy's yet? Lmfao :bigfinger: 

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I rode big bores and turbos from 2002 thru 2015 and was on a 600 the last two seasons, I'm here to tell you that the sled was a blast hammering down the tight and twisties and just was just a telepathic joy off trail, the only reason I'm going back to an 800 is for the saddlebag trips where all my buds are on 800's and the little 6 just sucks gas like it's free when you are holding it to the bar on the big wide snomobahns.

For the most part I'm with you on the 30-70 as I just don't have the desire to ride 100 mph so much anymore............but nothing wrong with every now and again to awake the senses :gm:

Edited by Mileage Psycho

• Platinum Contributing Member

Anyone know of a good source for shocks front and rear? I bought the GF a 2009 500SS Sport model XP 120" last fall and thinking about upgrading the shocks to a decent rebuild-able. I got a quote from Ian at Monster but looking for more options.

18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Anyone know of a good source for shocks front and rear? I bought the GF a 2009 500SS Sport model XP 120" last fall and thinking about upgrading the shocks to a decent rebuild-able. I got a quote from Ian at Monster but looking for more options.

Used or new, plenty of choices here.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/polaris-iq-shocks

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Used or new, plenty of choices here.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/polaris-iq-shocks

Yep been scanning eBay but I've been burned a few times buying scrap junk from guys parting sleds out. I have dealt with Ian in the past for used shocks that he has gone through and rebuilt. Looking for similar options to that....someone who does shock service possibly that might have something.