Check your account email address ×

New 2018 Doo RS

2 hours ago, Anler said:

I wouldnt say its hard to work on but everything in there is pretty tight and you have to take off alot of shit to get at what you need to get to. Its not like the old days where you just pop the hood and fix your shit trailside. 

I remember AMG saying it was a piece of cake and you just didn't know what you were doing. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I really appreciate all the input fellas and having this kind of back and forth is helpful. I'm in Northern Lower Michigan not The Yoop but we do get some good Lake Effect dumps and we also do a lot of X Country type riding and some trails.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Don't make me put a call out for a Madcat meeting boy. Now you watch your tone and simmer down. :lmao:

:whiteflag:

:bc:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I really appreciate all the input fellas and having this kind of back and forth is helpful. I'm in Northern Lower Michigan not The Yoop but we do get some good Lake Effect dumps and we also do a lot of X Country type riding and some trails.

Ya...but all you have to do is skip your sled across the water and you're in the yoop....oh wait.... nevermind. :lol::bc:

My shortie rush with a 1.3 cobra is suprizingly good off in the deep. We were at buddies cabin a few years ago and got almost 2 feet of snow overnight.  His 600 adventure does great off trail ,and I tried to follow him.. was very surprised I could keep up 

imho if going for a all around up sled  I would look at a 136/141 with a 1.5ish to 1.75 preferably a cobra . a standard coupled skid and a sway bar I could take 1 side off in less than 3 min . 

none do everything well a guy just has to decide where you want to have the most fun.  I quit trying and just went with a mountain and a trail. can't even think about all the cash I spent over the years trying to make sleds in to something they are not. 

my next new off trail sled will be a bike I am the last guy in our crew of 9 who has no snowbike . they really suck  on the trail. 

now 2 guys I roll with are putting turbo on the bikes that should be real fun 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

imho if going for a all around up sled  I would look at a 136/141 with a 1.5ish to 1.75 preferably a cobra . a standard coupled skid and a sway bar I could take 1 side off in less than 3 min . 

none do everything well a guy just has to decide where you want to have the most fun.  I quit trying and just went with a mountain and a trail. can't even think about all the cash I spent over the years trying to make sleds in to something they are not. 

my next new off trail sled will be a bike I am the last guy in our crew of 9 who has no snowbike . they really suck  on the trail. 

now 2 guys I roll with are putting turbo on the bikes that should be real fun 

We have a 15 XF6 Cross Country.  I think that is probably one of the better "do everything" sleds around.  

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We have a 15 XF6 Cross Country.  I think that is probably one of the better "do everything" sleds around.  

Do you find the 600 lacking in power?

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I'll say it's hard to work on.  CUZ FUCK!!!!  Unless you have little girl hands with the dexterity of a surgeon. 

And damn DOO Rider....that's a full on disassembly and reassembly.  Kinda not the same thing.  

Well this was an extreme case.  I bought this 2017 that was totaled and fixed it up.  I was just saying it's not that bad to work on.

I'll have s total of $6500 in this 2017 1200 renegade with 152 miles.  All damaged parts replaced with new, no trying to repair anything. 

Doos  front ends are weak, but by design.  This took a very hard hit, but it was still able to be driven back and no chassis damage at all.  That's the idea, sure replacing S modules are no fun, but it won't just snap an A arm off and leave you stranded.  

20170621_202922.jpg

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

and my buddy has some parts off of it one of the modules and I think some plastic  

Anything from that sled put on another will make the owner and instantly more advanced rider!  Or, it will keep trying to take him to a Culver's so it can dump him on his face at 30mph.  Either/Or.. :lmao:

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Yeah, interesting,.. The guy hates poo, cat is the best..been hearing it for years..Ezra rides in the woods out west, we got it, you da man Ezra..steep and deep!!

But for facts, 3 feet of fresh powdah,  out by myself field playing and ditch bang'n for hours in Syracuse at the trucking company terminals by my house,  stopping and going on a little 600 switch with a 1.375 cobra track..the sled is fine off trail, is there better off trail sleds?? I'm sure,..but if you want to do both,..the Switchback does it all very well..I put a clutch kit in it, dual rate Springs, and shimed the skis, other than that is bone stock.

DSC_0604.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

DSC_0608.JPG

Hey Ez, what size boot does Rigid wear?  Look down at your crotch. :lol: It may be time to assemble the madcatters up in this mutha!!!!

:groin:

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Hell a a wood pile you have there son.

Keep it up.  Apparently, being "taken to the woodpile" is a thing here.  And I've got 6 or 7 more just like it! :lol:

• Like 1

Also...is it me or, does every actual sledding thread in here turn into "find Jimmy a new sled" thread.

FUCKING JIMMY SNACKS!!!!!

:lmao:

@Biggie Smails

Get "2laps" to hook you up.  If I don't get one of those, I'll be on a 600RS.  I have no reservations at all about getting a 600.  Zero.  Clutching and gearing if need be...done.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Also...is it me or, does every actual sledding thread in here turn into "find Jimmy a new sled" thread.

FUCKING JIMMY SNACKS!!!!!

:lmao:

@Biggie Smails

Get "2laps" to hook you up.  If I don't get one of those, I'll be on a 600RS.  I have no reservations at all about getting a 600.  Zero.  Clutching and gearing if need be...done.

It's not just you :lol: