Check your account email address ×

New 2018 Doo RS

• Platinum Contributing Member

Don't want to get into a pissing match but there is a reason Grip n RIP has made a mint selling brace kits.  On a side note have a guy coming to look at the M8 next weekend.:thumb:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Don't want to get into a pissing match but there is a reason Grip n RIP has made a mint selling brace kits.  On a side note have a guy coming to look at the M8 next weekend.:thumb:

Sure...and theres a reason cat gave 4 yr warrantees. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Fuck, this is almost a fully blown snowmobile thread..frigging bizzaro world..!

I know, right?!?! :bc:

Hopefully we can start to have more as we get closer.  Last year was kinda fucked with all the wacky election bullshit I think. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

And a certain group is MIA when the sled talk starts, must be they need to consult their dealer before replying.. 

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

And a certain group is MIA when the sled talk starts, must be they need to consult their dealer before replying.. 

Yeah, WGAF.  They can whine among themselves as the season gets closer, then, maybe all share the one or two sleds I think they might own between them.

:lol:

But seriously.  O.o

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

The shit snow year didn't help the sled posts. I will do my part and go riding and post pics.:bc:

Well fuck!  We had snow.  I was just a fucking busted gimp ass!  Riding was limited for me.

37 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ya like the cats tunnels where any better...they use to bend just from the weight of ice that piled up. :lol:

key word were . doo is making them thinner and thinner .

I buy cats because they can take a big hit and keep rolling . yeah they have there issues but they all do and I can work with clutching and rerouting wires so they don't rub through

my wreck last yr would have totaled a doo for good deff bent up a poo tunnel and snapped some arms .the cat bent a steering post and busted the throttle block .

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I buy cats because they can take a big hit and keep rolling . yeah they have there issues but they all do and I can work with clutching and rerouting wires so they don't rub through

my wreck last yr would have totaled a doo for good deff bent up a poo tunnel and snapped some arms .the cat bent a steering post and busted the throttle block .

You should have seen my busted up shit I fought back 40 miles to my garage at no faster than 15-20 miles an hour.  We stopped periodically to grab deadfall to keep rebending the A arm into some simile of workable structure. :lol:

Miserable ride.  BUT I RODE IT BACK!!!!!!!. 

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Safe your bs bro. :lol::bc:

Just now, Zambroski said:

You should have seen my busted up shit I fought back 40 miles to my garage at no faster than 15-20 miles an hour.  We stopped periodically to grab deadfall to keep rebending the A arm into some simile of workable structure. :lol:

Miserable ride.  BUT I RODE IT BACK!!!!!!!. 

yeah I have ridden a few cats back with a ski and spindle strapped to the tunnel .

I really like that doo has been flipping the bill to  fly Mike Duffy aka Avalanche 1 around the country to give free avalanche classes .

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

what bs? a fact doo can not take a hit . poo new arms can but the pro arms snap like white metal and they deff do not have strong tail sections on there tunnels  

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

this was it after a 20 foot flight in to a deep depression then hard hit sled came out tail first I guess. did 2 full end over end rotations hit my helmet mid air knocking it off and landing 30 to 40 feet away from last hit track side down . about 2 feet from me 

20170205_155952.jpg

20170205_155927.jpg

All that shit and end over end.  Ended up with a bent steering shaft, bars, fucked Ski and bent lower A-arm.  I had my buddy come over to check it out too...I thought my eyes were failing me.  NO WAY I didn't tork the frame.  But nope!  He just laughed and said, "Welcome to Cat." (ex Cat snoXer).IMG_1061.JPG

My body ended up worse than anything.  I've never "exited" a vehicle so fast in my life. :lol:

30 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

this was it after a 20 foot flight in to a deep depression then hard hit sled came out tail first I guess. did 2 full end over end rotations hit my helmet mid air knocking it off and landing 30 to 40 feet away from last hit track side down . about 2 feet from me 

20170205_155952.jpg

20170205_155927.jpg

Im not doubting your accident....its your other bs about it being a doo or a poo. :lol:

own a doo I know exactly what that tinfoil pile of shit would have looked like and it sure shit would not have been driven out prob not even towed . that one would have cost me a 1200 buck chopper ride. I ride with 5 pro rmk I know exactly what they can take every one there said same thing that hit would have sure shit folded back the tunnel and snapped both  arms. cats suck at a lot of stuff but taking a big hit is not 1 of them. they have a sold chassis and a solid motor great deep snow track . everything thing else is a compromise  

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

own a doo I know exactly what that tinfoil pile of shit would have looked like and it sure shit would not have been driven out prob not even towed . that one would have cost me a 1200 buck chopper ride. I ride with 5 pro rmk I know exactly what they can take every one there said same thing that hit would have sure shit folded back the tunnel and snapped both  arms. cats suck at a lot of stuff but taking a big hit is not 1 of them. they have a sold chassis and a solid motor great deep snow track . everything thing else is a compromise  

Cool story! :bc:

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

All that shit and end over end.  Ended up with a bent steering shaft, bars, fucked Ski and bent lower A-arm.  I had my buddy come over to check it out too...I thought my eyes were failing me.  NO WAY I didn't tork the frame.  But nope!  He just laughed and said, "Welcome to Cat." (ex Cat snoXer).IMG_1061.JPG

My body ended up worse than anything.  I've never "exited" a vehicle so fast in my life. :lol:

in  13 yrs  a bud got a brand new limited m8. thing had like 2 hours on it . he lost it way up on the side of a mountain and the thing goes ghost ridding down prob 3000 feet takes out the only tree in 1/8 of a mile, all you could see was the tree sort of shake and loose some snow .

it did bust off the upper a arm tab in bulk head and sheered of both arms and crushed shock crushed air box and nose .

but no chassis damage . we had her going in 2 nights and a trip to the rental shop for parts . western rental shops always have all the parts you need way more than dealers .

I was sure we were going to get down there and find a ball