Check your account email address ×

Cars that give a Boner

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Theon-Design-Porsche-911-3.jpg?w=768&width=768&q=75&format=webp

My cousin has only let me drive his 79' 930 Turbo once so far  :sad:   But I was giggling like a school girl...lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Your boner is rather floppy, but has a shit ton of potential.  What are your plans with it?

I’ve had this car for 34 yrs. It’s been off the road for 20. My plan is a restomod. New engine/trans, nothing crazy stroker ? Mid 400hp. Leave the paint. It was a white vinyl top with a bone interior but we are thinking of swapping to black black. The body is totally solid. The front clip is in the shop attic. I’m going to sell my 56 Cadillac to finance the build. Here’s a pic of the chevelle in ‘92. And my 56 last summer 

IMG_1309.png

IMG_1492.jpeg

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

My cousin has only let me drive his 79' 930 Turbo once so far  :sad:   But I was giggling like a school girl...lol

my buddy has an 89 930 slant nose 5 speed built by eddie belo. 700hp , ridiculous. i told him last time i'm not riding in that any more. 162mph was enough. the car supposedly does 202. screw that , i was shitting at 162 on a 2 lane highway. my buddy is nuts. he builds audi s4s with 700hp and he'll scare you with those too. but the slant nose is violent to ride in . 22 lbs of boost. they pour bags of ice on the whale tail to cool the intercooler for racing. 

26 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I’ve had this car for 34 yrs. It’s been off the road for 20. My plan is a restomod. New engine/trans, nothing crazy stroker ? Mid 400hp. Leave the paint. It was a white vinyl top with a bone interior but we are thinking of swapping to black black. The body is totally solid. The front clip is in the shop attic. I’m going to sell my 56 Cadillac to finance the build. Here’s a pic of the chevelle in ‘92. And my 56 last summer 

IMG_1309.png

IMG_1492.jpeg

The front end of that 56 is like a battleship!  Both sweet rides!  :bc:

Neal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

my buddy has an 89 930 slant nose 5 speed built by eddie belo. 700hp , ridiculous. i told him last time i'm not riding in that any more. 162mph was enough. the car supposedly does 202. screw that , i was shitting at 162 on a 2 lane highway. my buddy is nuts. he builds audi s4s with 700hp and he'll scare you with those too. but the slant nose is violent to ride in . 22 lbs of boost. they pour bags of ice on the whale tail to cool the intercooler for racing. 

The early ones were labeled Widow Makers and they didn't even have 700hp. Jesus, I'd get into trouble quick with that one. But an S4 with 700 sounds like fun to me and it's been a while since I over drove an AWD car  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

89 is sweet because it was the only year of that body with the 5 speed but it still won't hesistate to kill you.   the best aircooled turbo would be a 993 IMO.  the looks,  the power and the fact it won't snap back.    

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

89 is sweet because it was the only year of that body with the 5 speed but it still won't hesistate to kill you.   the best aircooled turbo would be a 993 IMO.  the looks,  the power and the fact it won't snap back.    

you know your cars my man. that 5 speed was super rare. he paid 90k for it. most don't know who eddie bello is. he had the top speed record for years with a 1200hp 911. like 226mph. he also has the 911 that wheelies. we took it to the track, not really a 1/4 mile car. he did get one good run but tore the center out of the clutch disc. it was a custom disc, like 1500.00 . we were in staging, some people come over. wow that is a sick car. who built it. my buddy said eddie bello. folks were freaking out. i guess they knew who he was

cops finally got him. cops were actually laughing. got calls of "some kind of blue car" going super fast. when they caught him they saw the car and went aaaahhhh. no wonder. the rear bbs wheels were i think the widest i have seen. you stand next to the car and the roof is at your stomach

39 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

The early ones were labeled Widow Makers and they didn't even have 700hp. Jesus, I'd get into trouble quick with that one. But an S4 with 700 sounds like fun to me and it's been a while since I over drove an AWD car  :lol: 

he built them for himself and then sold them. the driveline handled the power if you were smart. one kid ripping donuts tore the cvs out of one. his own fault. the one was jazz blue with the blue in the seats. man that thing was insane. hard to think a 2.7 v6 can be that wicked

21 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

someone blocked the shit out of that car. what a finish

Yup. Paint jobs like that don’t come out of a gun. 

04924632-9397-43CF-B4A5-8FAF1B77178C.jpeg

50DE86EB-98E1-434C-9083-F0394677FAA7.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shifty said:

IMG_1309.png

IMG_1492.jpeg

Can see the Caddy slammed to the ground (close already) with updated power tran.

image.thumb.jpeg.f269d17c6d938fc15dffc9be95a379a1.jpeg

I've taken a liking to '58 Impalas lately.

But I can't see myself ever owning one or a car for that matter. I like trucks too much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f269d17c6d938fc15dffc9be95a379a1.jpeg

I've taken a liking to '58 Impalas lately.

But I can't see myself ever owning one or a car for that matter. I like trucks too much.

I love that show. Joe really has a way with making a car flow. He's perfected getting a cars stance just right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

I love that show. Joe really has a way with making a car flow. He's perfected getting a cars stance just right.

I agree. He knows what each car needs to give it that special appeal. And the skills to make it happen. Shorty has his own show now but its not as good.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I agree. He knows what each car needs to give it that special appeal. And the skills to make it happen. Shorty has his own show now but its not as good.

Ya I've seen a few episodes and I agree. I heard he left Joes show to be near his family. Same with upholster they had, his wife got a real good job somewhere else and he followed.

• Like 1

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

Few jdm cars I wouldn’t mind in the garage IMG_5442.thumb.jpeg.dbcb1f303fa2fbdc74b756864a676fe6.jpegIMG_5445.webp.dd147abfd266ac0161725603de408967.webpIMG_5444.thumb.jpeg.6e3a244eee4edb82bfd0aa9bfb164409.jpeg

Ive had a few of those Z cars. In late 80s early 90s. Very hard to find rust free. Even southern ones rusted bad.