Check your account email address ×

Bands that people think are good just because people think are good, but are actually kinda shitty

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Can't argue this but man, for 3 guys Rush put's out incredible music. Neal Peart,RIP, gone way too early

OMG absolutely, can't imagine being a grown ass man and putting on that get-up

Love them or hate them the Beatles changed music for the better and were the inspiration for the majority of 80's and 90's band. Lennon and McCartney also wrote a vast number of hits for other musicians

1st bold.....Rush was never my overall favorite band but some of their tunes are epic.... especially for only 3. Neil Pert..among the best

2nd bold..... It was their schtick and for the time it paid off immensely. Everyone knew who kiss was.

3rd bold...... Oh absolutely, The Beatles are a legend. They pretty much started instrumental rock and roll and will always be a piece of history.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

? Same with zz top. their less popular rocks. the pop blows

Anything after eliminator is awful. But their early stuff is fantastic. Completely different sound and style. 

Just now, Shifty said:

Anything after eliminator is awful. But their early stuff is fantastic. Completely different sound and style. 

zz top first album is good.

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pink Floyd

Rush

Dave Matthew's band

Green day

Might be good musicians but I can't stand their music

Green day is the worst on that list  

• Like 1

Couple of bands on the list that I've seen live are Springsteen and U2. Springsteen had Tom Morello taking Little Steven's place and it was a great show. Music and singing was on point and he was having a great time with the audience. May not agree with him politically but he's a great showman. U2 was terrible. Very disappointed. My wife paid 450/ticket and we saw 4 guys just going thru the motions. They are deserving of being on the list. It was a bucket list wish and left TD Gardens pretty bummed out.

Edited by J. Jackson

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Couple of bands on the list that I've seen live are Springsteen and U2. Springsteen had Tom Morello taking Little Steven's place and it was a great show. Music and singing was on point and he was having a great time with the audience. May not agree with him politically but he's a great showman. U2 was terrible. Very disappointed. My wife paid 450/ticket and we saw for 4 guys just going thru the motions. They are deserving of being on the list. It was a bucket list wish and left TD Gardens pretty bummed out.

I saw George thoroughgood at lake winni. Buddy guy was backing him up so it sounded like a good show

Buddy guy rocked the place and thoroughgood was probably the worst show I ever saw.

22 hours ago, Shifty said:

Definitely U2. I never got the fascination with the Grateful Dead. And I smoke weed lol. 

I agree...Grateful Dead are just ass....

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 9:48 AM, 800renegaderider said:

Nirvana I mean some decent songs but definitely overrated much better bands during that timeframe

agree...

16 hours ago, Bontz said:

Rush ... hands down.  Their music comes on & I can't turn the station fast enough.  I can't stand Geddy Lee's voice, sorry.

The grunge era is a close second - can't stand Nirvana, STP, or Pearl Jam.

Rush is meh....but c'mon, the 90's was some of the best music ever...you are in the minority...lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You expected otherwise?  :lol:

If the question was reversed for which bands were great the answers would be the same.

Neal

This is probably true....lol

• Like 1

RHCP.  Can't stand any RHCP made since "One Hot Minute."  Everything since then has been radio-friendly, overplayed garbage.

Green Day.  Fucking corporate sellouts.  Everything since Nimrod has been absolute poppy trash.

The Offspring.  Same.  Ixnay on the Hombre was their last decent album, but nothing came close to Ignition or Smash.  Since Ixnay, corporate garbage.

Springsteen

Rush

Post-Black Metallica

Smashing Pumpkins - people were ape for this shit... I never really got it.  Couple decent tracks and the rest made me wonder if Corgan had testosterone at all.

Everclear.  

Candlebox.

Pearl Jam after Vitalogy, their last good album.  Lost their edge and became way too folksy.

Edited by Matt

19 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

u2 def sucks, bruce springsteen, the dead, the eagles, queen , kiss, motley crue

Eagles are one of the greatest bands ever

U2 prior to 1990 was excellent then jumped the shark

Springsteen before Born in the USA was good to great

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

With the exception of the desperado album, eagles are elevator music.

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Did you like "Blinded by the light" better by Bruce or Manfred Man?

I liked Mark Lanegan. I don’t think the guy ever really caught a break. Some of that was due to his lifestyle with meth and the crazy Seattle scene. Tool, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and the Deftones are my top 5. Mark doing Strange Religion is a classic. 

• Like 1