Check your account email address ×

Bands that people think are good just because people think are good, but are actually kinda shitty

24 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Fleetwood Mac

U have zero knowledge on music 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jesus! :lol:

I mean if the topic was…..bands other people like, but I think suck.  
If your music transcends multiple generations, your music opened the door for hundreds of different bands. You completely changed the direction of music…probably not hype. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Jesus! :lol:

I mean if the topic was…..bands other people like, but I think suck.  
If your music transcends multiple generations, your music opened the door for hundreds of different bands. You completely changed the direction of music…probably not hype. 

Except there are a shit load of stupid people that get hyped over garbage.  Look for instance at anyone proudly supporting either majority candidate.  Fucking sheep.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Except there are a shit load of stupid people that get hyped over garbage.  Look for instance at anyone proudly supporting either majority candidate.  Fucking sheep.

absolutely, but things that are all hype with no substance don't survive the test of time or transcend different generations. take Fleetwood Mac.  My grandmother, my parents, me, my kids, all liked Fleetwood mac songs. So obviously there is musical value beyond hype. Rumors is still at # 35 on the billboard charts. 50 years later! 

I watched that movie where no one had ever heard of the Beatles and this  Indian guy steals their music as his own . Before watching, I would of said The Beatles were the most hyped, over rated band in history, but after watching the movie. You completely remove the Beatles and you know what?  those were some pretty decently crafted songs.