Check your account email address ×

Bands that people think are good just because people think are good, but are actually kinda shitty

Rush ... hands down.  Their music comes on & I can't turn the station fast enough.  I can't stand Geddy Lee's voice, sorry.

The grunge era is a close second - can't stand Nirvana, STP, or Pearl Jam.

19 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Kiss is horrible I don’t get the obsession at all with that band.

i remember them on the mike douglas show, getting lowered down in coffins. then they start playing , they act harder than the music is

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Rush ... hands down.  Their music comes on & I can't turn the station fast enough.  I can't stand Geddy Lee's voice, sorry.

Come on.... Red Barchetta is a Masterpiece.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

u2 def sucks, bruce springsteen, the dead, the eagles, queen , kiss, motley crue

Yuck...Bruce Springsteen would be on my list and maybe the Dead....but not the others.... especially Queen.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
47 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i remember them on the mike douglas show, getting lowered down in coffins. then they start playing , they act harder than the music is

No idea who or what show that is 😂 but ya I agree. They have maybe two songs I can stand but the rest I’ve heard just awful.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

No idea who or what show that is 😂 but ya I agree. They have maybe two songs I can stand but the rest I’ve heard just awful.

you young mofo. 

• Haha 2

Was never an “album” person.  Tapes/albums/records were all too expensive growing up, so all I had was the radio.  My kids just bought me a set of ear-buds so I can keep working with my hands while being on the phone.  So now I use it to listen to Pandora a bit.  I always liked Skinnard, but never realized how many great songs they had that I never heard before.  Damn what a band they were.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, hayward said:

Was never an “album” person.  Tapes/albums/records were all too expensive growing up, so all I had was the radio.  My kids just bought me a set of ear-buds so I can keep working with my hands while being on the phone.  So now I use it to listen to Pandora a bit.  I always liked Skinnard, but never realized how many great songs they had that I never heard before.  Damn what a band they were.

Skynyrds awesome seen them a few times granted not the original band but they unfortunately died like a decade before I was even born lol. I guess that’s a plus of being a millennial we’ve always had access to free music let’s you listen to a lot of good bands you’d likely never even here off if you only had fm. Napster limewire I think i started using pandora in like 2004. 

Edited by 800renegaderider

3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Skynyrds awesome seen them a few times granted not the original band but they unfortunately died like a decade before I was even born lol. I guess that’s a plus of being a millennial we’ve always had access to free music let’s you listen to a lot of good bands you’d likely never even here off if you only had fm. Napster limewire I think i started using pandora in like 2004. 

There's a name I hadn't heard forever. 

8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup the amount of time I wasted downloading music from there get to 98% then it fail arrrgg start over lol.

Damn you dial up internet :lol:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Voodoo said:

This may sound sacrilegious...The Rolling Stones.

Can't stand them...runner up is Neil Young.

Ever try listening to some of the less popular stones stuff? Same with zz top. their less popular rocks. the pop blows

19 hours ago, Rod said:

Taylor swift is fine if it comes on the radio. But Miley Cyrus.. Jeebus. I have to turn it off 

I wouldn't know a swift song if I heard it.

19 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The Beetles.  

Without a doubt. When I see them listed on a best rock list all I can think is  " rock? , elevator music at best"

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

detroit rock city aint bad, the rest sucks hard

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hayward said:

14 hours ago, Bontz said:

Can't argue this but man, for 3 guys Rush put's out incredible music. Neal Peart,RIP, gone way too early

11 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Kiss' face paint was gay as a bag of dicks.

OMG absolutely, can't imagine being a grown ass man and putting on that get-up

20 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The Beetles.  

Love them or hate them the Beatles changed music for the better and were the inspiration for the majority of 80's and 90's band. Lennon and McCartney also wrote a vast number of hits for other musicians