Check your account email address ×

Donald Trump has a big problem ahead

A whole swath of GOP voters appears firmly committed to not voting for Trump in November.
By Sam Stein and Natalie Allison
01/23/2024 05:00 AM EST

Donald Trump has a problem no matter what happens in New Hampshire on Tuesday night: There’s a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a good chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting for him in November if he becomes the nominee.

It’s an issue that became starkly apparent in polling ahead of the Iowa caucuses, when an NBC News/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of voters in that state found that fully 43 percent of Nikki Haley supporters said they would back President Joe Biden over Trump. And it’s a dynamic that has been on vivid display as the campaign shifted this week to New Hampshire.

“I can’t vote for Trump. He’s a crook. He’s too corrupt,” said Scott Simeone, 64, an independent voter from Amherst, who backed Trump in 2016 and 2020. “I voted for him, and I didn’t realize he’s as corrupt as he is.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/23/trump-moderate-republicans-problem-00137112

Trump booed mercilessly at a New Hampshire rally

Snowflake Donald J. Trump had to stop his speech and stand around waiting for an opportunity to speak. The booing has grown loud and disruptive enough that his remaining adherents can't drown them out. While he likely has enough cultists to tie up the Republican nomination for President, even half the Republicans in Iowa didn't want him. Trump has once again had to resort to setting security on a protestor.

more at https://boingboing.net/2024/01/22/trump-booed-mercilessly-at-a-new-hampshire-rally.html

IMG_2014.jpeg

Outside my sledding buddies i don't know anyone who thinks trumps a good candidate.   he's terrible and when you won only because you ran against the worst human ever and then lost to a  corpse by about the same amount of votes in key states you can't afford to lose the right leaning center.   NH doesn't matter it's going to be a dem state this election but Trumps not getting that support in places like AZ, PA, GA that cost his 2020.  he prob keeps the house and senate lsoing streak going as well.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Outside my sledding buddies i don't know anyone who thinks trumps a good candidate.   he's terrible and when you won only because you ran against the worst human ever and then lost to a  corpse by about the same amount of votes in key states you can't afford to lose the right leaning center.   NH doesn't matter it's going to be a dem state this election but Trumps not getting that support in places like AZ, PA, GA that cost his 2020.  he prob keeps the house and senate lsoing streak going as well.  

Clinton won and Biden won NH in the finals the last 2 election. It’s blue.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

What part of, "NH doesn't matter it's going to be a dem state" did you not understand from the quoted post?

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

We had some of Nicole's family here last weekend. All five were registered republicans or right leaning independents. Not a single one will support Trump even though they have in the past. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

How does Biden look in NH right now?

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Bullshit.... he's way ahead in key swing states....keep sucking the biased MSM.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

They will vote Trump.  The hate for Biden is strong enough for republicans to pull the maga lever.

Neal

It's more of a dislike for the current policies of the administration run by far left leaning elites.  And I agree, they will vote for trump if he is the nominee.  Trump is the anti-washington establishment and that should be enough to get the vote of the US Taxpayer.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

We had some of Nicole's family here last weekend. All five were registered republicans or right leaning independents. Not a single one will support Trump even though they have in the past. 

I don't believe it....let me know if they think sitting out in November is some kind of win for them.

They will be voting Trump.... unless they usually don't vote anyway.

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

They will vote Trump.  The hate for Biden is strong enough for republicans to pull the maga lever.

Neal

Of course they will!  :lol:

You don’t offer a pizza with no pineapple????  Gross!!!! 

well….. fuck!!!
Give me double pineapple then. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I don't believe it....let me know if they think sitting out in November is some kind of win for them.

LOL, do you think that they care what you think :lol:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Screenshot_20240123_113624_Facebook.jpg

39 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Equally anecdotal, I would say when the subject of politics comes up in my office, easily 80% can’t stand Biden and think all the indictments against Trump are a sham (because they are).  The precedent being set by the Ds going after a former president is what is driving a ton of his support.  I wish he’d shut his mouth more and just stick to the teleprompter, but it is what it is.  Speaking style or ability has never been how I measured a president.  Obama is a perfect example.  I’m all in on his agenda and all out on Nikki or Bidens.  So far that’s what we got.  I’ve said many times I will support any disruptor, because Washington needs one badly.  There are populist revolts happening all over the world, good.  I’ll never understand the hatred and fixation some of these guys have on a choice they simply don’t have,  Trump and Biden are  presumptive nominees at this point.  Pick one or stay home.  Viva Argentina!  :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Equally anecdotal, I would say when the subject of politics comes up in my office, easily 80% can’t stand Biden and think all the indictments against Trump are a sham (because they are).  The precedent being set by the Ds going after a former president is what is driving a ton of his support.  I wish he’d shut his mouth more and just stick to the teleprompter, but it is what it is.  Speaking style or ability has never been how I measured a president.  Obama is a perfect example.  I’m all in on his agenda and all out on Nikki or Bidens.  So far that’s what we got.  I’ve said many times I will support any disruptor, because Washington needs one badly.  There are populist revolts happening all over the world, good.  I’ll never understand the hatred and fixation some of these guys have on a choice they simply don’t have,  Trump and Biden are  presumptive nominees at this point.  Pick one or stay home.  Viva Argentina!  :lol:  

One can only hope many Republicans stay home if Trump is the nominee and you suffer another 4 years for being so stupid.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

What part of, "NH doesn't matter it's going to be a dem state" did you not understand from the quoted post?

Can't blame him too much he's just a Dummy.

16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

One can only hope many Republicans stay home if Trump is the nominee and you suffer another 4 years for being so stupid.

So you hope Rs stay home and Biden gets re elected.  Good.  Now we’re getting somewhere.  You just admitted it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So you hope Rs stay home and Biden gets re elected.  Good.  Now we’re getting somewhere.  You just admitted it.

Everyone should stay home until each party offers up a reasonable candidate. Voting in the lesser of 2 evils is NO way for a world superpower with nuke capabilities to operate. America needs to do better on both sides or everyone loses,not just Americans.