Check your account email address ×

2024 SLOW start to the season ride reports

Painful start to the 2024 riding season but I'm sure it will come around. Hearing some guys looking at Road trips out West to get some riding it.  @Mag6240think you have the most riding in so far this year.  Don't think I can count loading mine into the trailer.

HA - 2.5 miles around the field on Halloween!  Lots of going west talk but I’m waiting for now.  
My family did ask as I walked in the door at my moms for Christmas if they need to start the suicide watch yet… no no no, I’ll be fine!  

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I wish I had a little more spare cash around. I have a feeling there could be some more reasonable priced sleds around if it keeps this up.

I think I’ve already saved north of $2k this year from last season it was so good.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I think I’ve already saved north of $2k this year from last season it was so good.

Well you're the man when it comes to putting on miles! My season didn't really start last winter until mid January due to it taking the clubs here awhile to clear all the downed trees. I put some money into the sled the last month as well, So that hurt the budget.

Have about 120 miles on a Catalyst RXC getting it set up and broke in for ice le mans.  

That is it, which is better than 99% of people in MN, I guess.

Lake ice here has mostly melted, no snow, etc.  Kind of gave up on winter and are working on stuff for planting.

• Like 4

• Gold Member

Not looking great here this year no frost and the ground is like a sponge. To top it off nothing good in the 10 day either. I did manage a whopping couple miles riding laps around the house back in November when we got a couple small storms. As long as we get snow by mid February I’ll be happy.

I've got a tick over 44 miles on the trails ... unfortunately it was via our club's SxS a couple weekends ago.  I literally just finished getting my sled put back together today, so maybe now the weather pattern will start to trend in the right direction.  Our annual trip is 3 weeks away, so we've got our fingers crossed things will change for the better by then ... if not, it wouldn't be the first time we've had to make alternative plans.

• Like 1

Some of us help out with the Military ride out of Eagle River Wi.  The ride is supposed to be the Monday January 15th after the Vintage races that were 11-14.  They've now pushed the Vintage races to February 8-11 and evaluating what to do with the Military ride.

• Like 1

Spent 9 days in the U.P. for Christmas. Was pathetic to say the least. I never even took the sleds.. I did not even venture onto ice on lake. It melted around the shore and was very dark colored ice. Not much if any frost in the ground.. Its going to be UGLY season.. 

It's way too early to make any predictions but there is at least activity on the long range models for a storm Jan 9-10.  Should be cold enough to be all snow anyways.

The inch or so we had on the ground here all melted today.

image.thumb.png.8ae1f659ee996dafe2726cdeb6d26019.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Some island hoping over the weekend!

Be headed to Hayward wheelin if snow don’t start flying!!

I saw Pat's Landing must have had a decent crew of SxS's show up this past weekend for New Year's.  We were half heartedly joking about turning our guys trip (3rd weekend in January) into a SxS trip, but we're holding out for the cold temps in the forecast & hopefully snow to go with it.

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i see the excitement of the big storm but a little beyond shows big rains for us. 

Yup, my buddy texted me about the potential storm yesterday and I said the same thing dude look past it 40s and rain. If we even actually get any snow this storm it’s not gonna matter. Only hope is maybe it stays all snow way northern Maine.

Northern Wisconsin had a good start late November.  Cold temps, frost going into the ground and swaps freezing up.  All gone.

Eagle River race track have started and lost their track 4 times.

11 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Well, it's better than nothing. 

FB_IMG_1704384636225.jpg

With the cold behind it, it should stick around and not over insulate the ice making temps…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

With the cold behind it, it should stick around and not over insulate the ice making temps…

I've heard rumors of more chances mid to late next week too.