Check your account email address ×

2024 SLOW start to the season ride reports

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

I've been enjoying the posts from that kid calling himself Midwest Weather on Facebook.  John Dee has been reincarnated already.

I just started following that a few days ago.  His map with the states he uses also reminded me of John Dee 

• Like 1

If this talk of major cool down and brewing storm comes to fruition, and it hits southern Wisconsin ... that'd be just my damn luck.  The kid begins her travels with club volleyball, and next weekend it's Milwaukee.  I hate the thought of driving I90 if it's shitty weather.  Great for the guys who can ride though (yes, I'll be jealous of you all!).

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Got a whole inch in central Sconnie!

That's about a 1/2" more than we got here.  I was able to fire up the leaf blower to clear off the driveway this morning before we left.  Oh well, still better than warm temps and rain :bc:

Headed to a BB tournament for my daughter and saw a guy cruising the Paul Bunyan by Nisswa. There was a couple sets of tracks along there. 

Edited by Sled_Hed

Road like 45 miles today. Supposed to get a good dumping Monday night-Tuesday. Should be able to put some good miles on next weekend. The swamps to the north and south of me are still open so that will keep traffic low in the this area 

IMG_3369.jpeg

• Like 5

On 12/31/2023 at 12:33 PM, Angry ginger said:

got the big 20 miles in when I ran my sled up to camp so I could get my garage back

PXL_20231216_183128524.jpg

Ha!.  Got about 40 miles on, probably 10 of them doing lake runs back and forth.  Big pig seems to be running a lot better this year after a few adjustments, finally hitting max revs.  Looking forward to Mt. Valin this week.   Supposed to get 9-15" here in CT, and the sled is 350 miles north of here now at camp  :lol:  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They are calling for like 2 feet of snow over next week here. Supposed to get 10 out of the up coming storm 

Damn. Nothing much here by the sounds of it. Out west is supposed to get like 8 feet this week so them guys should be happy.

11 hours ago, Doug said:

6 hrs of driving to get 80 miles of break in time

Is that a can or is that just skis grinding on gravel and rocks??  😂

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Is that a can or is that just skis grinding on gravel and rocks??  😂

No can all stock.  I hate cans causes trials to get closed

• Like 1

Got some time grooming after we hooked the drag on.  Trying to get the trails packed in with the strong winds tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Well finally, I had 2000 miles on this date last year, and this is my first actual ride this year!!

9750443E-BFCF-4955-BF1F-843B0448EA69.jpeg

Looks like you are up on the North shore?

• Like 1