Check your account email address ×

Rolling stone mag , 40 best quitarists off all time

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

List is a complete joke 

Vai , Satriani , Petrucci , Paul Gilbert , Nuno etc etc. 

I mean that shit reads like something an AI bot would write 

Rolling Stone Ragazine is a complete joke but they did get 2 of the top 3 correct. Jimi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen and no way should EVH should be in 3rd place over Eric Clapton. EVH is one of the most influential guitarists ever, IMO he should be #1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

List is a complete joke 

Vai , Satriani , Petrucci , Paul Gilbert , Nuno etc etc. 

I mean that shit reads like something an AI bot would write 

Definitely a complete joke.  Order is jacked and many don't even belong on the list.  It was not made by a guitar player.

13 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Rolling Stone Ragazine is a complete joke but they did get 2 of the top 3 correct. Jimi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen and no way should EVH should be in 3rd place over Eric Clapton. EVH is one of the most influential guitarists ever, IMO he should be #1

Influential perhaps, but it says "best".  That he wasn't.  What Eddie played was generally rather simple.  He did make simple sound amazing though, in particular to those who don't play guitar.

26 minutes ago, Rod said:

Oh yeah 

no according to him he’s the bestest best!

Technically, I’d say he’s damn close.  Don’t see Al Dimeola or Michael Hedges on there, and he might be a late entry, but I have to say, Billy Strings is an amazing guitarist.  

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Definitely a complete joke.  Order is jacked and many don't even belong on the list.  It was not made by a guitar player.

Influential perhaps, but it says "best".  That he wasn't.  What Eddie played was generally rather simple.  He did make simple sound amazing though, in particular to those who don't play guitar.

I didn't ask for your opinion. :lmao:

Bob Arum Stfu GIF - Bob Arum Stfu Boxing - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Malmsteen

Marty Friedman

Hell even Jimmy Olander

Neal

YES!!  Megadeth opened for Testament and Judas Priest back in November 1990 on the Painkiller tour at the St. Paul Center in MN, we had row 5 seats.  They set up the temporary stacks for them about 12 feet from the front of the stage… I think my ears are still ringing from Marty’s amp stand, but man was it clear and he was on point live!!

Just now, Mag6240 said:

YES!!  Megadeth opened for Testament and Judas Priest back in November 1990 on the Painkiller tour at the St. Paul Center in MN, we had row 5 seats.  They set up the temporary stacks for them about 12 feet from the front of the stage… I think my ears are still ringing from Marty’s amp stand, but man was it clear and he was on point live!!

I saw them 3 times on Euthanasia tour. That was an awesome lineup