Check your account email address ×

Rolling stone mag , 40 best quitarists off all time

17 hours ago, Plissken said:

Eric Clapton shouldn’t be allowed on any “best” list after foisting “Tears in Hayvon” upon us.  

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

He pretty much did enough coke during the Cream years that he left his brain and guitar chops behind.

Do you retards even know why he wrote that song? That was a song he wrote about the death of his son..........empathy much?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Do you retards even know why he wrote that song? That was a song he wrote about the death of his son..........empathy much?

Terrible story.  I'd say his chops are still pretty much on point too.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Terrible story.  I'd say his chops are still pretty much on point too.

ROFL.  Listen to old live Clapton and anything moderately new.  If you know anything about guitar you will laugh at the difference.  It's fucking sad what coke did to that guy.

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I didn't say jack shit about any one song.  Just the fact that dude wasted an awful lot of talent.  Feeble attempt at a gotcha.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

ROFL.  Listen to old live Clapton and anything moderately new.  If you know anything about guitar you will laugh at the difference.  It's fucking sad what coke did to that guy.

I didn't say jack shit about any one song.  Just the fact that dude wasted an awful lot of talent.  Feeble attempt at a gotcha.

He's almost 80 years old ffs.  :lol:  He plays pretty good here in his late 60s.

29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He's almost 80 years old ffs.  :lol:  He plays pretty good here in his late 60s.

Ooo, how original.  A set of single chord based pentatonic scales.  No need to listen to the melody, chord changes or anything.  It's what the teach guitar players in year one.  It's a shell of what he used to lay down.  Of course you listen to shit blue grass so no surprise you have no idea what is good guitar playing.

32 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Ooo, how original.  A set of single chord based pentatonic scales.  No need to listen to the melody, chord changes or anything.  It's what the teach guitar players in year one.  It's a shell of what he used to lay down.  Of course you listen to shit blue grass so no surprise you have no idea what is good guitar playing.

Who's cooler than you?!   Yeah, Clapton sucks.  Not sure what I was thinking.  When are you going on tour?  Toolbag.  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

As I said, he used to be good.  Went downhill a long time ago.

Everyone's a toolbag unless they fall inline and agree with him.

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

23 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

As I said, he used to be good.  Went downhill a long time ago.

19 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Everyone's a toolbag unless they fall inline and agree with him.

More of that self awareness or lack thereof…it never disappoints.😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Jimmy Buttsnacks with the reach around.  Nice work.

Weird.  Thats all you do with Steve and HSR. It’s a codependent relationship for fuck sakes.   Boy, but you sure showed us how much Eric Clapton sucks with his single cord Pentatonic scales 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Jimmy Buttsnacks with the reach around.  Nice work.

Fuck off you knowitall cunt…good god you literally drip with arrogance and self importance. 

BTW where is Stupid Steve with his reprimand for your use of juvenile name calling? 🤔🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck off you knowitall cunt…good god you literally drip with arrogance self importance. 

BTW where is Stupid Steve with his reprimand for your use of juvenile name calling? 🤔🤣

Ya think?  Just a bit. He must be a real treat at the local Christmas party, sucking all the oxygen out of the room as soon as he walks in the door.

You’re not gonna see any reprimands.  More likely you’ll see a little smiley emoticon after their post, because he approves 100%.

I learned something new today though. Eric Clapton sucks. Who knew?  :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Ya think?  Just a bit. He must be a real treat at the local Christmas party, sucking all the oxygen out of the room as soon as he walks in the door.

You’re not gonna see any reprimands.  More likely you’ll see a little smiley emoticon after their post, because he approves 100%.

I learned something new today though. Eric Clapton sucks. Who knew?  :lol: 

11 hours ago, snoughnut said:

I’m aware.  And I’m sure the sentiment was well intended.  Critically speaking though, Tears in Hayvon is lazily written (he even farmed some of it out), repetitive as a Beyoncé hit, poorly mixed, and depressing as a Rascal Flatts track.  I’m glad it helped Eric deal with the loss however it had taken me equally as much time to recover from this auditory toxin coming out of KZ93 FM every fifteen minutes back in 1992.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I’m aware.  And I’m sure the sentiment was well intended.  Critically speaking though, Tears in Hayvon is lazily written (he even farmed some of it out), repetitive as a Beyoncé hit, poorly mixed, and depressing as a Rascal Flatts track.  I’m glad it helped Eric deal with the loss however it had taken me equally as much time to recover from this auditory toxin coming out of KZ93 FM every fifteen minutes back in 1992.    

The sad part about this admission is you were too stupid to change the station if you didn't like the song. :poke:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

The sad part about this admission is you were too stupid to change the station if you didn't like the song. :poke:

I did change the station.  Every 15 minutes.  There was only one top 40 station in our area so I had to switch back or risk missing something cool like Digable Plants or Wreckx-n-effect, or and this is a little embarrassing now but maybe even a little Boyz II Men.   But then that melancholic marauder would pop up out of nowhere and ruin a perfectly fun time.  

Cooleyhighharmony  was legit though, for real.

Plus you weren’t even safe on the classic rock stations cause they were cashing in on the slow handed chinless ones crybaby crusade also.  That shit was an epidemic.   

Edited by Plissken
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I did change the station.  Every 15 minutes.  There was only one top 40 station in our area so I had to switch back or risk missing something cool like Digable Plants or Wreckx-n-effect, or and this is a little embarrassing now but maybe even a little Boyz II Men.   But then that melancholic marauder would pop up out of nowhere and ruin a perfectly fun time.  

Cooleyhighharmony  was legit though, for real.  

How stoned are you right now?

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck off you knowitall cunt…good god you literally drip with arrogance and self importance. 

Ah, mad you angry as well.  You and dementiabusta are quite the couple.

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

How stoned are you right now?

Not stoned at all, a little buzzed but probably not even .08.  Oh and something else I just remembered was flipping on MTV and seeing that same sad boomer only get this - now he’s not even plugged in, it’s like Amish anguish.

14 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Bluegrass/new grass has the best stringed instrument players of any genre.   It’s not even close.  Guys like Jerry Douglass, Chris Thiele, Bryan Sutton, Roy Clark, Sam Bush, Mike Marshall, Noam Pikelney…

Neal

• Like 3