Check your account email address ×

Have you ever been the victim of a crime?

• Platinum Contributing Member

When I lived on the river one day I was too lazy to lock up my canoe. 

Someone stole it. 

Wife had a truck window smashed and a 1/2 a pack of smokes and a lighter stolen.

Thats about it here,

Others?

Last fall a high speed chase came through the county. Somehow the fugitive ended up way out in the sticks at my house and stole my f350. He got it stuck 1/2 mile from my house on a logging rd. The part i was most pissed off about was bayfield co sheriff's department broke into my shop and house looking for the guy. Searched the place then made comments to me when i got there about why i had so many guns and  so much ammo in there. Took the idiots 5 days to find the guy, k9 couldn't smell the end of it's own tail. 

• Confused 1

• Gold Member

Wheels and Stereo headunit stolen from my Accord that was parked behind a locked gate at the shop I worked at. 

Stereo and some CDs stolen from my Tahoe at my first Apartment. 

Moved to another Apartment one town over got hit again this time stereo, amps and speakers . Bunch of Snap-On power tools, Golf clubs and dirt bike gear stolen from same truck (that damn thing was a thief magnet) 

My stand up Kawasaki Jet Ski got stolen once off my Dads dock. Ended up finding that in the woods upriver out of gas months later tho :lol:

Glad I have a house now, apartment life sucks dealing with that shit. 

Had some stereo equipment stolen from my car back in 1988 or so. 

3 months later, one of my roommates got a ride home from a co-worker who had all my shit in his car hooked up.  Went to his house, still living with his parents, and had a little conversation with them.  They gave me all my stuff back and $200 to keep my mouth shut.  

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Armed home invasion robbery, multiple cars broken into, mugged at gun point..

Damn dude! Did you have anyone else in the house with you? Kids at home? :sad: 

• Like 1

I've had three bikes stolen, $28k in Fishing rods + electronics and other stuff from my fishing boat, my wakeboard boat stereo stolen twice, attempted robbery at gunpoint, had a picket pocket get his face smashed in after reaching into my pocket in Amsterdam, gypsies try to steal my backpack in Russia and other less notable crimes.

Edited by Deephaven
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Deephaven said:

I've had three bikes stolen, $28k in Fishing rods + electronics and other stuff from my fishing boat, my wakeboard boat stereo stolen twice, attempted robbery at gunpoint, had a picket pocket get his face smashed in after reaching into my pocket in Amsterdam, and other less notable crimes.

When I worked at a boat shop around 2010 ish the Wakeboard boats got hit what seemed like 1 a month. 

Replaced stereo, amps and tower speakers on exact same boats more than twice also . Fuck it was bad back then. 

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

When I worked at a boat shop around 2010 ish the Wakeboard boats got hit what seemed like 1 a month. 

Replaced stereo, amps and tower speakers on exact same boats more than twice also . Fuck it was bad back then. 

Both times mine was at a shop getting the bottom cleaned.  Conveniently I have a lot of friends in the car audio business though so it only hurt briefly.

16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Damn dude! Did you have anyone else in the house with you? Kids at home? :sad: 

Happened before I had kids, was me, my kids mother/GF at the time, and my roommate 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Both times mine was at a shop getting the bottom cleaned.  Conveniently I have a lot of friends in the car audio business though so it only hurt briefly.

Yup thats how it would go for us...Boat comes in for service or detail boom gets hit . 

Then the customer blames us thinking its a inside job .

Just was bad all around. 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

A bunch of car stereos back in the day when I was into that shit, like a half dozen.  And been ripped off probably over 100 grand in rent payments that I got stiffed out of.  Nothing major thank god.

I put a high end stereo in a buddies RX-7 many years ago, it turned out really nice, and was a 3 month project.  I told him not to go "downtown" with it jamming because of the attention it would garner.  Well, the dumbass didn't listen, and on THE SECOND DAY he took it to school, the car was stolen.  5 days later it was found, completely stripped... No, I didn't do it again for him.

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Security lights went off, saw a guy trying to steal the engine off my Pontoon boat, I shot him with a 12 guage and # 8 shot at 180 feet away.

it stung too... thanks for not using slugs that night.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1