Check your account email address ×

cool childhood toys

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Something similar with a 5 horse Briggs and all slicks. It would kill all those old Sprees the faggots rode

deer090.jpg.166f5661e91b6cd3a7fef5eb7bd3ace1.jpg

Nice.  I had a go cart just like that with a centrifugal clutch and no brakes.  I'd just jam my foot against the front tire to stop.  Wore out the bottom of a bunch of pairs of shoes.  I drove that thing everywhere around town.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Nice.  I had a go cart just like that with a centrifugal clutch and no brakes.  I'd just jam my foot against the front tire to stop.  Wore out the bottom of a bunch of pairs of shoes.  I drove that thing everywhere around town.

:bc: Same here except mine had brakes, sort of. And we ended up jamming coins in the centrifugal clutch so it didn't slip.

Cops back then didn't care and let me run around all over. It wasn't until a kid I went to school with stuffed his under a school bus tire trying to drive underneath the bus while it was between bus stops. Killed him and my parents ended up getting rid of mine.

53 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Something similar with a 5 horse Briggs and all slicks. It would kill all those old Sprees the faggots rode

deer090.jpg.166f5661e91b6cd3a7fef5eb7bd3ace1.jpg

We had a custom buggy with a snowmobile engine.  Did 60 MPH and used to run it in the mall parking lots when there was no Sunday shopping here. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:bc: Same here except mine had brakes, sort of. And we ended up jamming coins in the centrifugal clutch so it didn't slip.

Cops back then didn't care and let me run around all over. It wasn't until a kid I went to school with stuffed his under a school bus tire trying to drive underneath the bus while it was between bus stops. Killed him and my parents ended up getting rid of mine.

Damn

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I got a Big Traxx programmable tank  for Christmas one year. Wanted it real bad.  Fun toy.

Me too. It was fun at first but got old real quick.

Big-Trak1.jpg

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Me too. It was fun at first but got old real quick.

Big-Trak1.jpg

Awesome!  Did you have the trailer?  I got pretty damn good with it. I could roll it out of my bedroom, down the hall, into kitchen and fire some shots at the cat. :lol: 

She hated that damn thing.

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I don't remember those things. what era?

1979. What I remember most about that Christmas was that there wasn't any snow on the ground and it rained on Christmas day :sad:

BIG TRAK / bigtrak is a programmable electric vehicle created by Milton Bradley in 1979, resembling a futuristic Sci-Fi tank / utility vehicle, possibly for use on the Moon or a Planetoid style environment.[1] The original Big Trak was a six-wheeled (two-wheel drive) tank with a front-mounted blue "photon beam" headlamp, and a keypad on top. The toy could remember up to 16 commands, which it then executed in sequence. There also was an optional cargo trailer accessory, with the U.K. version being white to match its colour scheme; once hooked to the Bigtrak, this trailer could be programmed to dump its payload.

10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Awesome!  Did you have the trailer?  I got pretty damn good with it. I could roll it out of my bedroom, down the hall, into kitchen and fire some shots at the cat. :lol: 

She hated that damn thing.

No, I didn't have the trailer.

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

1979. What I remember most about that Christmas was that there wasn't any snow on the ground and it rained on Christmas day :sad:

BIG TRAK / bigtrak is a programmable electric vehicle created by Milton Bradley in 1979, resembling a futuristic Sci-Fi tank / utility vehicle, possibly for use on the Moon or a Planetoid style environment.[1] The original Big Trak was a six-wheeled (two-wheel drive) tank with a front-mounted blue "photon beam" headlamp, and a keypad on top. The toy could remember up to 16 commands, which it then executed in sequence. There also was an optional cargo trailer accessory, with the U.K. version being white to match its colour scheme; once hooked to the Bigtrak, this trailer could be programmed to dump its payload.

No, I didn't have the trailer.

ah, no wonder I don't remember it. we moved to Europe in 1976 and lived there for 4 years. during that time I left traditional toys for beer and other "luxuries" Europe had to offer :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

ah, no wonder I don't remember it. we moved to Europe in 1976 and lived there for 4 years. during that time I left traditional toys for beer and other "luxuries" Europe had to offer :lol:

How old are you Slinger?

We spent most of our days fort building and bike jump building .............   In trees, on the ground, under ground.  Not sure one ever got to completion. :lol: