Check your account email address ×

cool childhood toys

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

same motor as the cub 50 the c100 the c110 the atc 110 all the dirt bikes etc etc . they still make a carb version in the kids dirt 50 . there is a huge knock off market for that engine .like 12 companys make it from 49cc to 160cc . of those the liffan is prob best  

Yeah , mod ct's are all the rage right now .  Some guy's are building some pretty wild machines :lol:    

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , mod ct's are all the rage right now .  Some guy's are building some pretty wild machines :lol:    

I have a few pre 62 c100s in the shed and a 63 with a 140 piranha  in it . I have had it at 80 fucking scary as she starts to shake when you slow down .

7 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

My first bike was a CT 90, and I'd love to have a decent restored or low use CT, but for close to 3 grand for a bike that cost 400 bucks new?   :wtf: 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have a few pre 62 c100s in the shed and a 63 with a 140 piranha  in it . I have had it at 80 fucking scary as she starts to shake when you slow down .

I'd love a nice fully restored stocker with maybe a few engine mods .  Bro has a pretty sweet un restored original  :bc: 

001.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

same motor as the cub 50 the c100 the c110 the atc 110 all the dirt bikes etc etc . they still make a carb version in the kids dirt 50 . there is a huge knock off market for that engine .like 12 companys make it from 49cc to 160cc . of those the liffan is prob best  

Yea, done a lot of reading on this stuff lately.  That lay down style Honda engine has been knocked off by a bunch of Chinese companies. I'll prob throw a new 70 in it since it's for the kids.  Just picked a a CRF50 which has that same motor too.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My first bike was a CT 90, and I'd love to have a decent restored or low use CT, but for close to 3 grand for a bike that cost 400 bucks new?   :wtf: 

My first bike was a CT70

maxresdefault.jpg

My second bike was an IT 175

fecb9f0230de6872725d35fc428d7426_1978-ya

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x3.   Gary and I each had one of those propeller cars that you had to anchor to an axis point, and it would just go in circles about 30 mph until it ran out of gas.  We used to fire ours up and let them rip across the field untethered , just to see what mayhem would ensue.  Usually involved chasing it 200 yards into the neighbors sandpit. :lol: 

We had the cox planes . I had the purple #32 which met it's demise on the basketball court when I let out a little too much string and flew it full bitch into the steel net post :lol: 

Jim had a helicopter , don't remember if it was a cox or not but the same idea , little 2 stroke glow plug affair that you tethered with a string .   One day he fires it up in a field directly across from the local stadium where there just happened to be a 4th of July aaa baseball game game going on with about 5k people in the stands .     Sure as shit.......... that thing went up about 60 feet , got caught by the wind and landed right around 3rd base with people throwing gloves , bats and balls at it while the whole crowd was going shithouse :lol::lol:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

We had the cox planes . I had the purple #32 which met it's demise on the basketball court when I let out a little too much string and flew it full bitch into the steel net post :lol: 

Jim had a helicopter , don't remember if it was a cox or not but the same idea , little 2 stroke glow plug affair that you tethered with a string .   One day he fires it up in a field directly across from the local stadium where there just happened to be a 4th of July aaa baseball game game going on with about 5k people in the stands .     Sure as shit.......... that thing went up about 60 feet , got caught by the wind and landed right around 3rd base with people throwing gloves , bats and balls at while the whole crowd was going shithouse :lol::lol:

:lol:  :lol:   Good one Rawn 

thing is parts are dirt for that motor and lots of guys can rebuild it in there garage in a few hrs if you do not know how . but if only a roach toss a 125 semi auto in it with a loose throttle cable and just tighten the cable a little bit each year .

I buy them with carb cdi everything fuck it slap em in and done in a few hrs no dicking around

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

My first bike was a CT70

maxresdefault.jpg

My grandpa used to come back from AZ with a least a couple bikes for the grandkids every year.  Trail 70's, a Mini 50, Spree and Express mopeds, a Honda Gyro, etc.  We'd terrorize the farm on them all.  The shed most of them were in burned down and only a Spree and Trail 70 survived.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

My first bike was a CT70

maxresdefault.jpg

My second bike was an IT 175

guy in my town has been collecting and restoring trail 70s for yrs . better than showroom and he gets north of 2g all day . waiting list to get one . nice little retirement hobby he has going .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Jim had a helicopter , don't remember if it was a cox or not but the same idea , little 2 stroke glow plug affair that you tethered with a string .   One day he fires it up in a field directly across from the local stadium where there just happened to be a 4th of July aaa baseball game game going on with about 5k people in the stands .     Sure as shit.......... that thing went up about 60 feet , got caught by the wind and landed right around 3rd base with people throwing gloves , bats and balls at it while the whole crowd was going shithouse :lol::lol:

Fucking Ron

:lol:

We used to have a slotcar track set up in the basement that was fun. I tried a couple gas powered planes but they didn't fly too good lol. I got into rc boats, cars and Helios in my adult life when money was a little more available but the most fun was racing slotcars throughout the now defunct commercial raceways here