Check your account email address ×

cool childhood toys

28 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

So you're a little older than me. I'll be 47 in November :bc:

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We spent most of our days fort building and bike jump building .............   In trees, on the ground, under ground.  Not sure one ever got to completion. :lol: 

:lol: We had about a half dozen tree forts in throughout the neighborhood that never got completed. During the winter we built forts in the hay barns :bc:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member

Had a couple different bb guns this was the first pump.   Damn the stories we have from those days. :lol:  

11-23-08 031.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

54 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We spent most of our days fort building and bike jump building .............   In trees, on the ground, under ground.  Not sure one ever got to completion. :lol: 

ditto. we'd make bigly jumps out of plywood and rocks. some of the most unstable things you can imagine. took big wheels to them too. matter of fact broke my arm doing that.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Great memories...............Poor kids of today with their goofy helmets and bubble  wrap.

They all have their faces buried in their phones and tablets. I'm amazed most even know how to ride a bike. I rode all over Sterling Heights as a kid....miles from my house and back

718890b14714d23455cc3603bcbee40d.jpg.65dea09fc3515ed8df170300e1910f9a.jpg

13 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

ditto. we'd make bigly jumps out of plywood and rocks. some of the most unstable things you can imagine. took big wheels to them too. matter of fact broke my arm doing that.

:lol: We would dig trenches, rocks, or your buddies would lie down after the jump....... .  Just in case you survived the rickety ass jump, the obstacles after would wipe you out.  I get hit in the head with a shovel while we were building a jump, split my skull wide open. Rode my bike about a 1/2 mile home. when I walked through the door, my white T shirt was soaked blood red. I thought my Mom was going have a stroke.  

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

They all have their faces buried in their phones and tablets. I'm amazed most even know how to ride a bike. I rode all over Sterling Heights as a kid....miles from my house and back

718890b14714d23455cc3603bcbee40d.jpg.65dea09fc3515ed8df170300e1910f9a.jpg

Nice bike.

We walked or rode bikes almost every day from middle school. It was probably 3-4 miles. My parents never gave it a second thought. I chuckle when I see all the minivans lined up down the roads from parents driving and waiting with their kids at the bus stop. Back in the day, you would of got your ass beat for some pussy shit like that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

:lol: We would dig trenches, rocks, or your buddies would lie down after the jump....... .  Just in case you survived the rickety ass jump, the obstacles after would wipe you out.  I get hit in the head with a shovel while we were building a jump, split my skull wide open. Rode my bike about a 1/2 mile home. when I walked through the door, my white T shirt was soaked blood red. I thought my Mom was going have a stroke.  

Nice bike.

We walked or rode bikes almost every day from middle school. It was probably 3-4 miles. My parents never gave it a second thought. I chuckle when I see all the minivans lined up down the roads from parents driving and waiting with their kids at the bus stop. Back in the day, you would of got your ass beat for some pussy shit like that.

I walked or rode my bike to school a couple miles every day.   It would have to get well below zero before we got a ride.   God parents are turning kids into a bunch of pussies these days.  Our grade school use to have a couple lines of bike racks....now there is not a single one.  :wall:

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Nice bike.

I see my neighbors with their kids in the car on nice days, at the end of 100' driveways, waiting for the school bus. it's crazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Had a couple different bb guns this was the first pump.   Damn the stories we have from those days. :lol:  

11-23-08 031.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

My brother and I both had the exact same BB guns.  I've still got them.

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

My brother and I both had the exact same BB guns.  I've still got them.

:bc: I got mine too.  

16 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I bought my kids this about 12 years ago, mainly because I couldn't have one when I was a kid.

IMG_1008.JPG

Never had one as a kid either. Built this for my kids when they were little.  Lot of fun!

IMG_20140622_145446278.jpg

IMG_20140622_145419088.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Nice bike.

How very true. I rode my everywhere.  Don't recall ever asking for a ride anywhere ,liked my freedom too much .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

I had a Tamiya Fox

IMG_7180.JPG

They were all a ton of fun. At one point, in my late teens early 20's I was racing 1/10th scale buggy, Truck and Nitro truck at the local tracks. Spent way too much time and money 

16 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

I had a ton of AFX slot car track and pretty much every accessory they made.  About 30 cars/trucks.  One of my fathers friends was right into it, he gave it all to me.  Spent hours playing with that shit. 

11908e4746dbd7f0dbb2669bdee9c183.jpg

We had one of those tracks upstairs. ..downstairs my dad had his insane train set. Went all around the basement.  Fuckin thing had little towns, crossings, mountain tunnels ..the whole shebang.  We were not allowed to play with it,but I did one day and inadvertently broke something.  I blamed my brother...fucker got a whooping with a hot wheels track :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

They were all a ton of fun. At one point, in my late teens early 20's I was racing 1/10th scale buggy, Truck and Nitro truck at the local tracks. Spent way too much time and money 

Good memories though 

:bc:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

I had a ton of AFX slot car track and pretty much every accessory they made.  About 30 cars/trucks.  One of my fathers friends was right into it, he gave it all to me.  Spent hours playing with that shit. 

I remember those.

My mom worked for a company that shared a building with Mattel.  Mattel paid their employees shit but both had access to the company store for pretty good discounts.

Fuck it was a ten year olds dream.  I must have had 100 feet of track snaking all around my bedroom, plugged into three different wall outlets.  The lap counter, the staged start setup, tunnels, sections of flexible track, it was awesome.   

44 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

yeah those were cool as shit. the lights, the little tires, etc.

17 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

34 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

We had one of those tracks upstairs. ..downstairs my dad had his insane train set. Went all around the basement.  Fuckin thing had little towns, crossings, mountain tunnels ..the whole shebang.  We were not allowed to play with it,but I did one day and inadvertently broke something.  I blamed my brother...fucker got a whooping with a hot wheels track :lol:

My moms weapon of choice.  Mainly because they were easy to get to because they were everywhere.  

• Like 1