Check your account email address ×

OFFICIAL 2023-24 SLEDDING THREAD

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Thanks fellas, I was pretty bummed and frustrated this morning. :bc:

I hate getting skunked on sled rides with down sleds.  Brothers sled  blew his clutch rollers off last week and that was the end of his weekend.  Got it fixed and back this past weekend.  Hopefully you get it figured out.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

700 kms for the season. Rode  my old Cat 300 kms today with the wife, my buddy on his yellow Doo, and I lent my Mach Z to an old friend. He’s 79 and sold his sled 3 years ago. 

Last 3 hours were in the rain. Trails we rode today are all closed now. Our trails are likely done here for the season unless the weather makes a big turn around.

IMG_7225.jpeg

• Like 3

Riding is pretty much done across the entire Midwest. The warmth over the next two weeks will melt most everything. Will take a miracle in mid to late February to get things in riding condition again. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Riding is pretty much done across the entire Midwest. The warmth over the next two weeks will melt most everything. Will take a miracle in mid to late February to get things in riding condition again. 

Hurley, Wi officially opened their trails for the first time this morning 1/24...Maybe 6" on the ground...Should be a MUDFEST by the weekend...

Edited by SlugsOnSleds
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Unfortunately this is most likely the case.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, akvanden said:

The year with no winter. Anywhere.

Still good in northern Maine.  Couple feet in most areas.  Sucks for you guys in the midwest.  Not sure whats going on for conditions in the UP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Still good in northern Maine.  Couple feet in most areas.  Sucks for you guys in the midwest.  Not sure whats going on for conditions in the UP.

They’ve stopped grooming in the UP as well. We’ve made reservations there for mid Feb but may have to cancel and turn guys weekend into an ice fishing only weekend. :cry:

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, akvanden said:

They’ve stopped grooming in the UP as well. We’ve made reservations there for mid Feb but may have to cancel and turn guys weekend into an ice fishing only weekend. :cry:

saw some guys who moved the UP trip to Maine next week because of conditions.  Sucks for sure having to do that.    Even QC whose almost alwasy good got a late start and still not 100$ open on the easter south shore.  

On 1/25/2024 at 11:02 AM, akvanden said:

Ice fishing?  There’s very limited ice as well.  :flush:   This is bullshit!!!!

Guess that didn’t work - short vid of a guys truck going head first into a hole in the lake east of Aberdeen.

Edited by Mag6240

We're supposed to be in the U.P. right now, heading from Copper Harbor to White Pine.  Instead, we're taking tomorrow off and doing a local SxS ride.  All I can do is laugh at the absurdity.

10 minutes ago, Bontz said:

We're supposed to be in the U.P. right now, heading from Copper Harbor to White Pine.  Instead, we're taking tomorrow off and doing a local SxS ride.  All I can do is laugh at the absurdity.

What were the reports from the guys that still went

48 minutes ago, Doug said:

What were the reports from the guys that still went

It wasn't good.  The exact text message was:
"100% the right decision to not do our trip.  We only made it to Houghton from Twin Lakes.  As you get to South Range the whoops really pick up and turn to 2-footers all the way.  You can only ride about 20-25 mph and people were saying the whoops continue all the way up to Copper."

That was from my nephew and his buddy, who came home the next day.  The other crew that was up there, left the same day & cut their trip short by 3 days.

Just now, Bontz said:

It wasn't good.  The exact text message was:
"100% the right decision to not do our trip.  We only made it to Houghton from Twin Lakes.  As you get to South Range the whoops really pick up and turn to 2-footers all the way.  You can only ride about 20-25 mph and people were saying the whoops continue all the way up to Copper."

That was from my nephew and his buddy, who came home the next day.  The other crew that was up there, left the same day & cut their trip short by 3 days.

That sucks.  

On 1/31/2024 at 10:14 AM, steve from amherst said:

Rode island pond yesterday.  Snow blasters country was real sweet. Every thing else kinda sucked 

Nicole said that there were a ton of sleds around when she was in town last Saturday. That coupled with temps in the mid 30s probably didn't do much for the trails :(

I see up by our riding area in NW Wisconsin, they pulled stakes on several of the lakes including the biggest part of the trail system on the Chippewa Flowage.  I guess our buddy in Alaska can gloat about it, as the business owners suffer through this winter's WEATHER CYCLE.

We did a 90 mile RZR ride yesterday and although it wasn't as fun as a snowmobile trip, it was still a good time :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I rode northern NH yesterday. Plenty of snow. Especially above the 45th

IMG_9613.jpeg

IMG_9608.jpeg

IMG_9619.jpeg

IMG_9606.jpeg

IMG_9623.jpeg

IMG_9626.jpeg

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 8