Check your account email address ×

OFFICIAL 2023-24 SLEDDING THREAD

22 minutes ago, Doug said:

If anybody looked at the bluebook value lately prices really took a hit.  My dealer told me the next time I go riding to come and get one of their demo sleds to get some miles on.  Dealers have to get at least 450 miles on the sleds before they get any breaks on the price.

Good luck getting to 450 this year… especially in Sconnie at this point.

Same here ... I don't know how much hope we've got, but if things change for the better we'll be in our trucks and trailers loaded up pretty quickly to get up there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Same here ... I don't know how much hope we've got, but if things change for the better we'll be in our trucks and trailers loaded up pretty quickly to get up there.

I've been requested to go to Vegas and COTA for Sunoco but avoiding it for the chance to go riding.  Last year put on 4200 miles this year currently at 817 miles 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doug said:

I've been requested to go to Vegas and COTA for Sunoco but avoiding it for the chance to go riding.  Last year put on 4200 miles this year currently at 817 miles 

The old saying of, "Hindsight is 20/20" hit us when we did our trip up by Namakagan last month.  We should have traveled to south/central Wisconsin, where you likely got your miles.  Oh well, 86 miles is more than a lot of other guys have been able to accomplish this season so I'll take it.  I do hope to get at least one good, 400-500 mile trip in me before the season's over so I can at least know the sled is officially through break-in.

We did pick up a few inches of snow over the past few hours, but it's going to be gone before too long.  I guess it's good to get the moisture in the ground anyway (gotta find the positives!! LOL).

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Doug said:

I took a gig down in Boca weekend after this,  I never book anything during sled season but figured with the money offered I couldn't pass it up.   even after taxes it will pay for what I spent this season on sledding and still put a few bucks in my pocket.  i'm just over 900 miles on.  told the boys the good thing is that there will be plenty of snow that weekend because I agreed to do this

• Platinum Contributing Member

What an honor it was to be inducted into the 2024 Snowmobile Hall of Fame alongside Russ Lemke, Jeff Ludwig, and Levi LaVallee. It was an unforgettable weekend and lots of fun was had! 

I’d like to thank all my family, friends and to all of my fans who have supported me throughout my racing career! My number one fan and cheerleader was my mom Sharon Davidson who passed away December 27, 2014. I know she was smiling down last night. 

Many people have contributed to my successes over the years, my racing team, mechanics, mentors, sponsors & co-riders who all helped me earn the title of 11 time I-500 winner. Many friendships have been made over the years and that I’m forever grateful for.

Big thank you to all of my past sponsors for their support Davidson Construction, Mike Staszak XLT Engineering, Dr. Steven Keogh at Altra Chiropractic Clinic, Russell Racing Team, Carver Performance, Woody's Traction, Fly Racing, FXR, and all others!

Over the years I had the privilege of racing many different sleds, I started racing in 1986 when I was 16 on a 1979 Polaris Centurion 500 in Naytahwaush, MN. My parents didn’t want me to go but I loaded up and went anyway. From 1988 -1990 I raced with Arctic Cat, switching back to Polaris for the majority of my racing career from 1990 - 2005, 2006 - 2009 Yamaha, 2015 - 2018 Skidoo, 2019 was my last year racing on a Polaris.

Many of you ask, when am I coming back, that question will remain unanswered. For now I’ll be enjoying time in my home town of Holt, MN helping with the family construction business, fishing at the lake, riding for fun, spending time with my family, 4 daughters & 3 grand children.  

-Corey Davidson

IMG_2568.jpegIMG_2567.jpegIMG_2566.jpeg

• Like 2

2200km on my g5 renegade XRS 900r with 1.5" ir.

Added 3.1g to each arm to get rpm down to 8000.

Pulls hard. Nice low rpm at cruising speeds. Pretty darn good on gas too.

New top speed yesterday 181kmh, on a not so long straight, was still climbing.

Trails were pretty hard.

I think I got a good one 👍

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Around 1700 kms and I’m done for the year.

My buddy and I loaded up Thursday morning and drove 8 hours to Kirkland Lake. Rode 80 kms that afternoon. I was feeling sick for a couple days before and it got worse. Halfway from anything I needed to take a crap, immediately if you know what I mean. 2 minutes up the trail I see an outhouse. It was like a beacon of light. Mad dash in the door, even had toilet paper in stock. Major day saver.

Rode 300 kms on Friday to Iroquois Fall and back. Saturday, 225 kms down to Elk Lake for lunch and back.

50 degrees when we got back to the hotel Saturday.

Some great trails, some bad. But it’s done for this year.

Hopefully things are better next winter.

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 9

• Gold Member

Parked the Sled trailer in the backyard today for storage and pulled the Boat out front.

Yup Thats all Folks . :sad:

• Sad 2

On 3/5/2024 at 9:59 PM, EvilBird said:

Parked the Sled trailer in the backyard today for storage and pulled the Boat out front.

Yup Thats all Folks . :sad:

That's sucks man, I'm not regretting selling the sled and trailer last year one bit,.But I am looking forward to the fire sale of sleds on the good old market place for next season 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
On 3/9/2024 at 6:22 PM, Rigid1 said:

That's sucks man, I'm not regretting selling the sled and trailer last year one bit,.But I am looking forward to the fire sale of sleds on the good old market place for next season 

Same here , would like to upgrade to something a littler newer with lower miles and keep mine for my Wife. 

The IQ is gone so down to one Sled. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 5:22 PM, Rigid1 said:

The sale of a lifetime is going on right now at dealerships trying to unload inventory. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akvanden said:

The sale of a lifetime is going on right now at dealerships trying to unload inventory. 

I'll never buy a new sled again. With the short seasons it's more realistic and a better move for me to find a low mileage sled a few years old for 1/3 of the price..I actually might move back to a Yamaha 4stroke for what I'm interested in doing.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 6:47 PM, Rigid1 said:

I'll never buy a new sled again. With the short seasons it's more realistic and a better move for me to find a low mileage sled a few years old for 1/3 of the price..I actually might move back to a Yamaha 4stroke for what I'm interested in doing.

I think that's going to be the new normal for a lot of guys, honestly.  Things are getting ridiculous with the prices of new, and after a year like this a person would have to be borderline nuts to snowcheck a 2025.

• Like 1