OFFICIAL 2023-24 SLEDDING THREAD

9 minutes ago, Original Lummox said:

1st decent snowfall

Got sled all apart thinking of swapping drivers to go 146 or 155 

Got BC Trip booked for end of January 🤟😎🤟

PXL_20231027_122954405.jpg

PXL_20231027_122843000.jpg

PXL_20231023_012700163.jpg

Nice! What is up with your scratcher?  My sled is ready, going through some cosmetic and wiring stuff on the trailer and have a sweet camp set up for this year. Sending out my Quebec registration for renewal, as we plan on several trips up there this year.

IMG_7028.jpeg

IMG_7017.jpeg

Attachment.jpeg

Attachment.jpeg

Attachment.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • ckf pinned this topic

Not much for pics (just one) but glad to have gotten out and some break-in done on the sled in Sawyer county (WI).  Mostly fire lanes and lakes riding, but also a few trails and happy our crew pulled the trigger & went up.  @XCR1250 - I almost stopped by your place since we were at Louie's yesterday, but it was just a quick stop before heading down to the flowage.

image.thumb.png.a099c25e09277c0f6ac7a4db4eb129e5.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Not much for pics (just one) but glad to have gotten out and some break-in done on the sled in Sawyer county (WI).  Mostly fire lanes and lakes riding, but also a few trails and happy our crew pulled the trigger & went up.  @XCR1250 - I almost stopped by your place since we were at Louie's yesterday, but it was just a quick stop before heading down to the flowage.

image.thumb.png.a099c25e09277c0f6ac7a4db4eb129e5.png

I saw a bunch of sleds there yesterday, I was on my bicycle.

• Like 1

we hit smith rd at 830 . average amount of trucks . turned around in the plow turnaround and parked right there. we went to highmarket , mcgoldricks, north rd to talbots, past the gorge to graves , past flat rock , right on rowsam, which was sick. rector to montague , back out to flatrock rd, left at first rd , popped out on culpepper, and right through to barnes corners. we got there at 10 so did some dead enders towards adams. hit tuggers at 11 , busy but we got a booth and was out in a half hour. then north made a right to pinkney , went down dead ender grant rd. one set of tracks in 3 ft of powder. i went for it , got to the end and it was deep , and the temps were frigid. went back and headed for copenhagen . bar packed . then the fields. i love that loop but today the snow was deep and the bumps sucked, plus you couldn't see. mashed our way back to rector, and worked back. the hill was in nice shape. less snow down that way . 138 miles back to truck 2pm. aside from the fields that shit was awesome . no police. i will say everyone that we saw was on their side and riding respectful. i did follow a dad riding behind his kid. kid locks up , dad almost hits him. then a few minutes later he did it again and i went around. great day on the hill. so many told me it was gonna suck, be a shit show, etc. we had an awesome time . only effect the cold had was making our sleds crisp.2154583-f358f9ea9d8c87446e6258874006f3f6.jpg.0773e6272f41ae73d86d97c7695bf19d.jpg2154584-6d061c2983bf7ec6604dcf491d3ac069.jpg.dfb8dc57e074ad783978ede0032c4304.jpg2154585-36fff9412c9ebc44a1d948c6674b9f79.jpg.b6be4a4cd0fbd0eda09afac4c9b9de01.jpg

Edited by sleepybrew
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

we hit smith rd at 830 . average amount of trucks . turned around in the plow turnaround and parked right there. we went to highmarket , mcgoldricks, north rd to talbots, past the gorge to graves , past flat rock , right on rowsam, which was sick. rector to montague , back out to flatrock rd, left at first rd , popped out on culpepper, and right through to barnes corners. we got there at 10 so did some dead enders towards adams. hit tuggers at 11 , busy but we got a booth and was out in a half hour. then north made a right to pinkney , went down dead ender grant rd. one set of tracks in 3 ft of powder. i went for it , got to the end and it was deep , and the temps were frigid. went back and headed for copenhagen . bar packed . then the fields. i love that loop but today the snow was deep and the bumps sucked, plus you couldn't see. mashed our way back to rector, and worked back. the hill was in nice shape. less snow down that way . 138 miles back to truck 2pm. aside from the fields that shit was awesome . no police. i will say everyone that we saw was on their side and riding respectful. i did follow a dad riding behind his kid. kid locks up , dad almost hits him. then a few minutes later he did it again and i went around. great day on the hill. so many told me it was gonna suck, be a shit show, etc. we had an awesome time . only effect the cold had was making our sleds crisp.2154583-f358f9ea9d8c87446e6258874006f3f6.jpg.0773e6272f41ae73d86d97c7695bf19d.jpg2154584-6d061c2983bf7ec6604dcf491d3ac069.jpg.dfb8dc57e074ad783978ede0032c4304.jpg2154585-36fff9412c9ebc44a1d948c6674b9f79.jpg.b6be4a4cd0fbd0eda09afac4c9b9de01.jpg

None open.

Knell

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Wife and I got out on the new sleds over the weekend. This is my first Doo in well over 25 years. 
Left from the Brown farm on Cedar river rd Indian lake, rode moose river plains to Old Forge, Stillwater, over to the Pine tree in Brantingham for lunch. Back to Old Forge, where we spent the night. Next day we looped around Old Forge trails , Big Moose, back to the truck. Only 220 miles but overall good conditions. 

IMG_5111.jpeg

IMG_7122.jpeg

IMG_5106.jpeg

IMG_5085.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

I remember yrs ago coming across stillwater res in a blizzard. I was in the lead and kept my eye on a spotlight on the other side. Pull onto shore , look behind me and see no one. Seems they stopped at the island and waited for it to calm down a bit.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I remember yrs ago coming across stillwater res in a blizzard. I was in the lead and kept my eye on a spotlight on the other side. Pull onto shore , look behind me and see no one. Seems they stopped at the island and waited for it to calm down a bit.

With all the warm weather I don’t think they were even running it yet. They had just started running 4th lake last weekend. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

my 2 scariest was cranberry lake with water laying in the sled tracks, and raquette lake. i had never been on raquette , it was a blizzard, and i was hitting ice heaves and slush . no real beaten path i could see. i was shitting myself. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

With all the warm weather I don’t think they were even running it yet. They had just started running 4th lake last weekend. 

The new G5s are realliy nice sleds.  A couple guys in our riding group are on them this year, incl Angry Ginger on his Backcountry.  I'm waiting for a 146" 900 turbo R in the G5.

• Like 2

• Gold Member

Checked the machine 3 weeks ago and it worked perfectly fine. Everything was operating as it should. Put it on the trailer while I'm off at work. This.morning I go to start it up before heading north for a few days and now the 7s display flashes on and off and reboots often.  No reverse, no hi/low beam and no hand/thumb warmers. Trip north ruined. Likely won't have the sled back on my down time so I probably wont be able to ride this season .

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!  :sad:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

28 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Checked the machine 3 weeks ago and it worked perfectly fine. Everything was operating as it should. Put it on the trailer while I'm off at work. This.morning I go to start it up before heading north for a few days and now the 7s display flashes on and off and reboots often.  No reverse, no hi/low beam and no hand/thumb warmers. Trip north ruined. Likely won't have the sled back on my down time so I probably wont be able to ride this season .

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!  :sad:

Have you had the hood off lately and unplugged.  Sounds like it's not making a good connection by the plug.  Unplug it and put a little dielectric grease on the connection and make sure it's connected tight.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Doug said:

Have you had the hood off lately and unplugged.  Sounds like it's not making a good connection by the plug.  Unplug it and put a little dielectric grease on the connection and make sure it's connected tight.

I checked the hood connection first and its tight as I can get it.

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

I checked the hood connection first and its tight as I can get it.

To effect all that you listed sure seems like something in a connection.  Does anybody in your group have a simular sled with S7. that you could swap to see if the problem goes away.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Doug said:

To effect all that you listed sure seems like something in a connection.  Does anybody in your group have a simular sled with S7. that you could swap to see if the problem goes away.

It does sound like a connection or a voltage issue. The dealer has it now. 4 year warranty. 

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

It does sound like a connection or a voltage issue. The dealer has it now. 4 year warranty. 

Hoping for a quick fix to salvage your ride.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, Doug said:

Hoping for a quick fix to salvage your ride.

24 minutes ago, Bontz said:

x2 ... good luck @Kivalo :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas, I was pretty bummed and frustrated this morning. :bc: