Check your account email address ×

Omfg what an absolute pile of fucking faggots on this site

f7ben

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Everything has turned into the favor of online sales.  Even at Hay Days, it used to be you could get year old stuff at a discounted price, but not anymore.  Thankfully I can get discounted stuff through my niece's husband - my Klim BOA's were one of the most recent purchases (2 years) ago and those things are awesome!!  I may look into a new jacket since my current one is 9 years old and it's still one of those jackets that too many people seem to have (Klimate Jacket).  Twice, I've had to catch guys walking out or in the parking lot, wearing my coat instead of theirs. 

Think I have the same jacket. Super warm, still looks new, but you’re right everyone has/had one.  

Finally bought a new jacket this year but worried it won’t be as warm.  :dunno:

7 hours ago, Anler said:

Reima gear was the shizz back in the day. We set out on a -30*f morning on a saddlebag trip one day. The high for the day was -17*. Frozen snot and beard FTMFW!

When your beard freezes to your helmet...that is not ftmfw...

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Think I have the same jacket. Super warm, still looks new, but you’re right everyone has/had one.  

Finally bought a new jacket this year but worried it won’t be as warm.  :dunno:

I have 30k miles on my pants.  I need new ones.  I am afraid of the opposite that they will be too warm.  I just wear a shell and polarfleece liner but it works pretty much in all our temps.  

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats the worst.  Looks like you got a pretty good burn.

Stupid me I had the taller windshield with and didnt change it.

Buying clothing online is convenient but some things really don't like to buy without trying it on.  Helmet and jacket are 2 of them.  

Brother bought a sidewinder. Bought a tall windshield but thought it looked gay.

Ran the cool looking one.

I ended up on it, at minus 30.

Now I know why he wears like 3 sweaters and 3 jackets.

He got the neck and face frostbite the year before, when his heated shield cord failed.

No wind protection at all.

Fucking cat.

Next time, stop and fix your shit. We will stop. 

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I have 30k miles on my pants.  I need new ones.  I am afraid of the opposite that they will be too warm.  I just wear a shell and polarfleece liner but it works pretty much in all our temps.  

Pretty much was in the same boat two summers ago.  I started shopping in July/August, ordering a pair at a time from DK and sending them back as I kept trying on different styles.  You can make a good guess reading but until you feel how they fit, you won’t know for sure.  Never charged a penny for shipping, must have tried on 5-6 different styles over a few weeks.

As for riding in below zero temps, I’ve done 10 day saddle bag trips where the temp got above zero for just a couple hours one day.  I’d rather not if I had to choose, but when there’s snow… 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Pretty much was in the same boat two summers ago.  I started shopping in July/August, ordering a pair at a time from DK and sending them back as I kept trying on different styles.  You can make a good guess reading but until you feel how they fit, you won’t know for sure.  Never charged a penny for shipping, must have tried on 5-6 different styles over a few weeks.

As for riding in below zero temps, I’ve done 10 day saddle bag trips where the temp got above zero for just a couple hours one day.  I’d rather not if I had to choose, but when there’s snow… 

Is culator still selling Klim?  I've bought several outfits and misc Klim gear, always 15% off.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Is culator still selling Klim?  I've bought several outfits and misc Klim gear, always 15% off.

I think 15% off is their actual price. Ive always received that discount as well. No matter where ive bought it.

Shopping in the summer is the best.  Once you find what you like, start calling some local (Or even non-local) dealers and see if they have what you want in stock and just want to get rid of it.  Bought my Klim BOA Boots two summers ago as well, I think they were $370 or something like that on DK (Out of stock of course) and a local dealer had a pair in my size, shipped to my house for $275.  Did the same thing as the bibs, tried on half a dozen pairs, all returned at no cost to DK.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

I think 15% off is their actual price. Ive always received that discount as well. No matter where ive bought it.

You lost me, list price is list price.  For years finding a discount on Klim was hard, they had requirements with dealers that limited discounts.  But Culator was consistently cheaper. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

You lost me, list price is list price.  For years finding a discount on Klim was hard, they had requirements with dealers that limited discounts.  But Culator was consistently cheaper. 

Very slim profit margins with Klim gear from a dealer standpoint. I would make far more off of any other gear when I had my shop.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

Dont know what to tell ya. Ive had Klim since 2010. 

On 10/23/2023 at 5:57 PM, HSR said:

Just not the same kinda crowd as the old days. Now helmets are the new oil topic!!!!!! Or how warm my paper thin Klim suit is!!!

Kinda called this one :lmao:

7 hours ago, Steve753 said:

And? 

And my experience and sponsorship connections run deeper .   :news: 

kidding.

sorta.  I have various connections.   :lol:  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And my experience and sponsorship connections run deeper .   :news: 

kidding.

sorta.  I have various connections.   :lol:  :bc: 

I seem to recall something about you getting way less for a trade in than Jeff in Jackman because you rolled up in a Mercedes or some shit.  My memory can be off at times with everything that goes on here  though :lol:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s been a few years but I believe I got 30% off my klim pants at the grass drags.

Usually on non current stuff, which is fine. Not like people care.

49 minutes ago, ckf said:

I seem to recall something about you getting way less for a trade in than Jeff in Jackman because you rolled up in a Mercedes or some shit.  My memory can be off at times with everything that goes on here  though :lol:

Thats a great story,  especially  cuz its not true, given I've bought a half dozen sleds brand new from this dealer,  and we've never ever traded the same sled,.....I do have a preference for the MBs though, and I make no apologies.  They're superior auto machines :bc: