Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe, but it won't just tip over like a SkiDoo 

It's not just going to tip over easier it will blow away even in the slightest of breezes.  Overall strength is going to be similar to a sheet of reynolds wrap.  

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Same here ... draining without actually cracking the case to look things over is doing a half-ass job IMO.  I will agree, Polaris could make it easier (mostly due to brake caliper removal ... or at least, that one bolt that's a bitch to get at).  But overall, it's not that tough of a process.

The pro-ride chassis had a drain plug, just like Ski-Doo has offered since the 90’s. Having to remove the brake rotor and unfasten the lower panel to remove the cover is an idiotic design. They took a quick, simple maintenance procedure and turned it into a time consuming hassle. Nice work Polaris. :fuckyou:

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

It's not just going to tip over easier it will blow away even in the slightest of breezes.  Overall strength is going to be similar to a sheet of reynolds wrap.  

so, SkiDoo like?  

I'm guessing I see more piled up Skidoos than any other brand because of their impressive sales numbers?

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so, SkiDoo like?  

I'm guessing I see more piled up Skidoos than any other brand because of their impressive sales numbers?

The conversation should really keep focus on the new texcatatron big bore motor.  Doo's sales numbers are not really germane to that and/or will they be affected in any meaningful way.  Well at least until the motor is proven over tens of thousands of miles by tens of thousands of riders - so in about 10 years or so. 

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so, SkiDoo like?  

We are a year into this catalysts thing and they have yet to deliver one to anyone. So you should see way more broke ass 850 skidoos with a sprinkle of Polaris 9r. 

3 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

The problem with your theory is Poo already has a 900 plus the 850 and turbo, same with Doo on the 850. How close are they both to bringing new engines to market. Cat has just caught up, they did not exceed anything Poo and Doo have out now. I see no capitalization here. Of course i don't wear green glasses

The 900T is a tank, as are many of the two/four stroke turbo's or optioned up versions.
(I posted a thread with real world weights, from a video SnowTrax did)
They [Polaris] also are riddled with recalls.

Edited by stinkipinki

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Speaking of stop rides, they expanded it today. And in 2 years they have sold more boosts than cat produces in a year.  

IMG_1597.png

@ZR6000RR thought you said that turbo two strokes don't sell, and ac doesn't need one???

In 2 years they SOLD as many, or almost as many boosts as AC sold all models combined..

The number of sleds in that recall is  within a couple hundred units either way of ac's entire production over that time frame.

If poo sells the same number this year, as those two years, they will be close to AC's entire production for 2024.

I know this thread is about cat but fuck man, poo really needs to get their shit together and all this stop ride bullshit.  I really like the part where it says - "Polaris is working on a solution at no cost to consumers."  Who's the genius at poo that thinks not being able to actually ride the fucking sled you bought is a no cost to the consumer situation?

The new chassis is nice and I think the handling is really good overall but I'm not dropping the kind of cash poo is asking these days for shit they are still sticking their customers with.

27 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I know this thread is about cat but fuck man, poo really needs to get their shit together and all this stop ride bullshit.  I really like the part where it says - "Polaris is working on a solution at no cost to consumers."  Who's the genius at poo that thinks not being able to actually ride the fucking sled you bought is a no cost to the consumer situation?

The new chassis is nice and I think the handling is really good overall but I'm not dropping the kind of cash poo is asking these days for shit they are still sticking their customers with.

They use shit ass parts and the internet makes the recalls worse than what they are. The exploding gas tank update last year my dealer had it done by lunch time the day we bought it in. I am not sure what they even replaced. I talked to the guys at rox during haydays and asked them how they are selling similar handle bar ends to one ones that are being recalled. He said very simple answer, polaris bought thinner ones that will snap off and stab you. He said polaris is replacing the recalled ones with the thicker ones they sell. 

Edited by Not greg b

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, AK440 said:

The pro-ride chassis had a drain plug, just like Ski-Doo has offered since the 90’s. Having to remove the brake rotor and unfasten the lower panel to remove the cover is an idiotic design. They took a quick, simple maintenance procedure and turned it into a time consuming hassle. Nice work Polaris. :fuckyou:

Shitty mechanic says what? 

Its a basic job a fucking monkey could do it. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They use shit ass parts and the internet makes the recalls worse than what they are. 

I just don't get it.  Not a Poo basher as I still own a RZR and a 4 wheeler and have owned other Poo products in the past, just not a sled.  They absolutely cut corners on all products to a degree that is just a head scratcher. 

Some of it could be forgiven when they were trying to be a price leader in segments but they have been matching Doo's pricing and even exceeding it for some time now.  When that is the case using shitty parts is really unacceptable.  If this continues a lot of riders that jumped ship to Poo will be looking hard at other alternatives.

17 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I just don't get it.  Not a Poo basher as I still own a RZR and a 4 wheeler and have owned other Poo products in the past, just not a sled.  They absolutely cut corners on all products to a degree that is just a head scratcher. 

Some of it could be forgiven when they were trying to be a price leader in segments but they have been matching Doo's pricing and even exceeding it for some time now.  When that is the case using shitty parts is really unacceptable.  If this continues a lot of riders that jumped ship to Poo will be looking hard at other alternatives.

Yep. We have a ranger and indy xc. The sled has 6800 miles on it and has held up well. The ranger is 10 years old now and keeps on ticking. 

2 hours ago, krom said:

@ZR6000RR thought you said that turbo two strokes don't sell, and ac doesn't need one???

In 2 years they SOLD as many, or almost as many boosts as AC sold all models combined..

The number of sleds in that recall is  within a couple hundred units either way of ac's entire production over that time frame.

If poo sells the same number this year, as those two years, they will be close to AC's entire production for 2024.

Yet all are still in the shop. 

I have been to 2 poop dealers and between them, there was 7 23 available. Building more supposedly than Cat, but if you are not selling them, then you have an over priced, recall ready carry over. Typical Polaris response though.

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Shitty mechanic says what? 

Its a basic job a fucking monkey could do it. 

So you prefer removing the caliper, rotor, various spacers and unfastening the side of the belly panel to drain your chaincase oil… :roflcrying:

:idiot:

12 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Mine have not. I test them every fall and in the spring. Warm the engine up and give the cables a tug. They are very easy to clean on these engines though, so if I had to I would. I had to clean the valves on my 2002 600 yearly because of the design and the oil used. As far as the belt drive goes, what did they say? Set it and forget it. Built for the life of the sled. Until I see otherwise, I will trust the Engineers on this. Oh, and go FUCK YOURSELF! You woke up on the wrong side of the bed again. 

I guarantee I go out in the garage and pull an exhaust valve out of my RXC that was rebuilt 600 miles ago and spent 97% of this motors life at 100% TPS and they’re dirty as fuck. Go clean yours, if you can even get them out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

It’s smart, they don’t have to worry about warrantying the motors if the sled blows your legs off or impales you first.

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I guarantee I go out in the garage and pull an exhaust valve out of my RXC that was rebuilt 600 miles ago and spent 97% of this motors life at 100% TPS and they’re dirty as fuck. Go clean yours, if you can even get them out.

Warm your motor up. They move like they are layered with butter