Check your account email address ×

Who actually owns sleds and rides on a regular basis?

55 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have been kicking around dumping the matryx for a skidoo turbo 900r renegade. 

Four stroke would be good for me too with all the miles I put on now. But I’m not sure I’m ready to give up the two smoker yet. :dunno: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

The triples of the 90's and early 2000's was like a melodic symphony of 2 stroke Beethoven. I remember times standing outside my dad's cabin on Friday/Saturday evenings and just listening to all the piped triples howling off in the distance, it was spiritual. 

:lmao:

Waterboy Rubbing GIF - Waterboy Rubbing Nipples - Discover & Share GIFs

The noise seriously shouldn’t make a difference but man brapping triple stingers in the bush is just heaven on the ears 

and the sound of the Yamaha triples… that’s just something else 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Four stroke would be good for me too with all the miles I put on now. But I’m not sure I’m ready to give up the two smoker yet. :dunno: 

I'm keeping the assault and switchback so I will always have the 2 strokes. But we are planning a Quebec trip this year and I would prefer not to have to deal with buying or carrying oil.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Good mix of sled owners here.  Like that @X2700 is already planning the next ride.  We were out last night and the guys were talking about getting the first ride in.

Maybe move some of common interest of owning and riding sleds to the general snowmobile forum here  :thumb:

Need to get bunch together for a Wi ride!!

last year we rode south of Weyerhaeuser and found some new to us trails!

some great riding and hoping to get back this year!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACE said:

The noise seriously shouldn’t make a difference but man brapping triple stingers in the bush is just heaven on the ears 

and the sound of the Yamaha triples… that’s just something else 

Yup, we have an 80 Centurion with Aaen pipes on it and the sound is the national anthem of sledding.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, snoughnut said:

The triples of the 90's and early 2000's was like a melodic symphony of 2 stroke Beethoven. I remember times standing outside my dad's cabin on Friday/Saturday evenings and just listening to all the piped triples howling off in the distance, it was spiritual. 

:lmao:

Waterboy Rubbing GIF - Waterboy Rubbing Nipples - Discover & Share GIFs

I remember being a kid listening to the xcr's, tcats, zrt's and srx's race down the railgrade in Iron river wi at night. The sounds were awesome, nobody cared, town was packed with people every weekend. Now it's a methed out ghost town and the cops ticket you for going over 15mph

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

I remember being a kid listening to the xcr's, tcats, zrt's and srx's race down the railgrade in Iron river wi at night. The sounds were awesome, nobody cared, town was packed with people every weekend. Now it's a methed out ghost town and the cops ticket you for going over 15mph

That’s what happens when you can’t have fun anymore, people get depressed and start doing drugs. :lmao:

• Haha 2

Last year we had planned on leaving right from our camp and doing a gaspe peninsula, which would’ve been about 1500 miles. Unfortunately, our friend the angry ginger smoked a deer less than 30 miles into our trip. So just my brother and I did a shortened loop and did about 800 miles in three days. Saddlebags in Quebec are my favorite kinds of riding , managed almost 3000 miles last year.

03635131-EC22-4DED-B4FB-566CD036145A.jpeg

4ECA1052-BF35-4630-AC1F-0C1C754429D1.jpeg

91CF423C-B2D2-4AA5-A278-C9210EB6BF89.jpeg

351FCE9F-D6FC-457E-B235-23136BBF9FB9.jpeg

BEADA9CB-111E-466B-89CA-2AB38EF46A1A.jpeg

A38A3F7C-C7DD-45EF-9615-629AE3B97D0E.jpeg

39BBD382-4817-4E59-80E6-EBB37CB0A66E.jpeg

5A1DCA4B-94D0-43D7-B0C0-0DF68FB8D5D4.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 3

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Last year we had planned on leaving right from our camp and doing a gaspe peninsula, which would’ve been about 1500 miles. Unfortunately, our friend the angry ginger smoked a deer less than 30 miles into our trip. So just my brother and I did a shortened loop and did about 800 miles in three days. Saddlebags in Quebec are my favorite kinds of riding , managed almost 3000 miles last year.

Saddlebags are definitely the best trips always an adventure. That’s the trip we are planning this year starting from Jackman and do the gaspe and possibly rent some mountain sleds up there for a couple days. My two buds did it in 2020 as the border was being shut down I’ve never done it so I’m excited 👍.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

03635131-EC22-4DED-B4FB-566CD036145A.jpeg

4ECA1052-BF35-4630-AC1F-0C1C754429D1.jpeg

91CF423C-B2D2-4AA5-A278-C9210EB6BF89.jpeg

351FCE9F-D6FC-457E-B235-23136BBF9FB9.jpeg

BEADA9CB-111E-466B-89CA-2AB38EF46A1A.jpeg

A38A3F7C-C7DD-45EF-9615-629AE3B97D0E.jpeg

39BBD382-4817-4E59-80E6-EBB37CB0A66E.jpeg

5A1DCA4B-94D0-43D7-B0C0-0DF68FB8D5D4.jpeg

Never rode in Canada but it is on the bucket list.

Had a chance to go awhile ago but had to travel for work and missed a great trip.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I was out of the sport for about 8 years after college and an 80 SRX.  Bought my cousins 87 Indy 600 triple, which at the time was pretty much the mack daddy of snowmachines with the big triple, ifs chassis, etc., it was so much better than any other sled on the snow imo.  Rocked the  triple life style largely through several more Polaris triples, then the glorious SRX 700s in 98 and 2000.  I wish they could make a nice refined, lighter weight triple 2 stroke, but I think them days is gone.  Now i ride a 700 lb. barge 4 stroke triple turbo ftw!

Yup whoever builds a new triple 2 stroke will get my money. There’s just something about the smoothness and the pull and the sound that just makes the sport so much better 

actually those old triples were absolutely on rails in the corners. Did they ride good? Nope. But can they rail a corner while putting a huge grin on your face? Yup

I’ll keep blasting those things until my body gives up on me lol

• Like 3

Two sleds

2016 800 Pro s

2021 850 pro s. If the snow is good I can ride from my house or sometimes trailer up to the cabin in northern MN.

My brother has a cabin in Cumberland WI, so thats a nice saddle bag trip from my house that I try to do a couple times each season.

• Like 6