Check your account email address ×

Our Politicians may Suck but the Pizza is Awesome!"

• USA Contributing Member

Connecticut by far has the best pizza in the world.  Peppies is always talked about as one of the best but this place down the road is awesome.

Modern Apizza in New Haven named Pizza Today's 'Pizzeria of the Year' (ctpost.com)

I don't know if its the water but this area of CT has at least 5 of the top pizza places and this is one of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coal or Wood fired ovens make for the start of a good pizza....

Yet, I have had great NY style( thin crust) in South Boston ( Tremont + W. Newton) that was too perfection.  Wood / coal just wouldn't work in the city.

Just now worth being sodomized, to enjoy a good neighborhood pizza shop.

Just now, ICG said:

Coal or Wood fired ovens make for the start of a good pizza....

Yet, I have had great NY style( thin crust) in South Boston ( Tremont + W. Newton) that was too perfection.  Wood / coal just wouldn't work in the city.

Just now worth being sodomized, to enjoy a good neighborhood pizza shop.

Don't tell Deepfaggot that.:lol:

29 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yup I hate ordering Pizza outside Connecticut it always is a let down.

Esp Florida . Still haven't found a place down there that knows how to cook a damn pizza. 

Luigi's in Port Charlotte.

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

From a fool who doesn't know the difference between wood, charcoal and gas.

Perhaps you don't.  Explain how anything I've ever said is wrong in that domain.  If you can't, then as usual you are the fool.  We will wait for some non-relevant twitter link now...

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I go to Astros in Enfield. 

Not driving to New Haven for a freakin pizza. :lol:

I’ll have to check that out.  We have a Frank Pepes in Manchester, so close enough.  Believe it or not, Sheas in Vernon has some real bangin pies.  I was really surprised.

Just now, Deephaven said:

Perhaps you don't.  Explain how anything I've ever said is wrong in that domain.  If you can't, then as usual you are the fool.  We will wait for some non-relevant twitter link now...

We’re doing a pizza and bourbon tour tomorrow in Naples.  Im sure it will be terrible.  :lol: 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

wood > charcoal > gas > electric

New_Chef_Boyardee_Logo.png

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nah your twelve page pizza dough recipe ain't worth a shit

Derp.  12 page dough recipe?  Rofl.  67% hydration, pinch of yeast, 2.75% salt.  That's the whole recipe.  Didn't even take a line.  If you had a brain perhaps you could cook as well.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Derp.  12 page dough recipe?  Rofl.  67% hydration, pinch of yeast, 2.75% salt.  That's the whole recipe.  Didn't even take a line.  If you had a brain perhaps you could cook as well.

Then why did you type out a 4 paragraph diatribe about it?  Nerd.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

If pizza is the only thing Connecticut has going for it...

Not even golf clap worthy...

CT has a lot going for it, just not its politicians.  Same as Maine.  

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Then why did you type out a 4 paragraph diatribe about it?    

That wasn't a recipe.  As for why I typed what I did it was to help the OP shop for what he was looking for.  Of course, the insecure attack the messenger instead of the message.  

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

That wasn't a recipe.  As for why I typed what I did it was to help the OP shop for what he was looking for.  Of course, the insecure attack the messenger instead of the message.  

Insecure is all that self absorbed blather you typed..  Do you actually think anyone gives a sweet fuck all over that bullshit over making a fucking pizza?  What is your deal?  Short?  Low self esteem?  Get picked on in high school?  Talk to us.

• Like 2

YOU asked which to buy.  I gave you the right ammunition to figure it out.  If you were secure you'd take the advice and perhaps question it, but instead you are trying to puff your chest again.  No esteem problems here, but laugh like hell at yours.

Perhaps you should go eat a pizza in Italy and see how it's done.  Then realize there is someone on here that could help you do it better than the place you just ate it at.  Or continue to be a dumbass.  Either is fine with me.

Just now, Deephaven said:

YOU asked which to buy.  I gave you the right ammunition to figure it out.  If you were secure you'd take the advice and perhaps question it, but instead you are trying to puff your chest again.  No esteem problems here, but laugh like hell at yours.

Perhaps you should go eat a pizza in Italy and see how it's done.  Then realize there is someone on here that could help you do it better than the place you just ate it at.  Or continue to be a dumbass.  Either is fine with me.

Hey its ok.  Your pizza making bonafides are intact Luigi!  My attention span for making pizza apparently about 5% of yours.  Besides my wifes pizza likely blows yours away anyways.  Tomorrow we are going to see how the Italians do it, so I’ll let ya know!  If the urge ever comes over you to just shut the fuck up, please let me know. :thumbsup:

btw, my daughters even ride snowmobiles larger than 500 cc.  Nerd. 😆

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey its ok.  Your pizza making bonafides are intact Luigi!  My attention span for making pizza apparently about 5% of yours.  Besides my wifes pizza likely blows yours away anyways.  Tomorrow we are going to see how the Italians do it, so I’ll let ya know!  If the urge ever comes over you to just shut the fuck up, please let me know. :thumbsup:

Says the moron that ate at a glorified food truck last night instead of some local italian food.  Pathetic and expected.

Btw is spelled "wives" and based on your history of acting when insecure we can guess that is far from the case.  Add to that, if it were you wouldn't have had to make a thread on here to ask.  Keeping acting like the idiot you are and wasting your vacation time worrying about a pizza thread right when you could go out and learn real easy where you are.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

btw, my daughters even ride snowmobiles larger than 500 cc.  

Want a medal?  Trying to compare again?  :lol:

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Keeping acting like the idiot you are and wasting your vacation time.

It's obvious his vacation sucks donkey balls and his mind is stuck on winning something on Freedomsledder instead of putting the phone away and enjoying his trip. I don't know if sad is the word or pathetic be either way it ain't good. It comforts me to know we are in his thoughts though, it's almost like being right there with him :lol: