Check your account email address ×

Hay Days 2023

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

They used to be pretty good on pricing on AC parts but they're pretty expensive now.  Like they got established as the big name in mail order and now people go there out of habit and comfort.  Thomas is significantly cheaper.  But country cat does have the best inventory and when it's in season that's important.

A lot of their good deals online probably went away because of Amazon. It’s very costly and time consuming to sell on there as it is a royal pain in the ass for a business. Once they set price on there, they probably made all their parts the same so they didn’t have 10 million price structures 

I worked at Haydays with a dealer for 4 years back in the late 90's. We always brought a shit ton of non-current, mostly Polaris clothing and sold the shit out of it. Did a lot with studs and helmets too. Met a lot of great people and a lot of assholes too. The work a dealer has to put in (especially a larger one) to get all their stuff there, set up, and going is quite astounding. We had it down to an art, but after awhile, the online sales crept in and it really didn't make sense anymore. We made money for sure, but hauling everything there, paying everyone to work, hotel, food, alcohol... it gets to be a lot. Had a blast doing it but it was hot and a lot of freaking work! There was nothing in the world like a Haydays shitter on Sunday when it was 95 degrees out!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

They used to be pretty good on pricing on AC parts but they're pretty expensive now.  Like they got established as the big name in mail order and now people go there out of habit and comfort.  Thomas is significantly cheaper.  But country cat does have the best inventory and when it's in season that's important.

It is sad that I will drive 90+ minutes past CC to go to Thomas, all while driving within 5 minutes of CC.

After Covid, things changed their big time, so now it is back to Tom.

Only go to CC if I have to.  

Their in-store price and online price are not the same, btw.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

It is sad that I will drive 90+ minutes past CC to go to Thomas, all while driving within 5 minutes of CC.

After Covid, things changed their big time, so now it is back to Tom.

Only go to CC if I have to.  

Their in-store price and online price are not the same, btw.

Pretty easy to support a cat die-hard good guy living the dream.  Last time I was there was talking to Tom a little about stuff and then I end up talking to his son in the shop who was going over his old wildcat that he just xc raced, couple hours later back on the road.  They're right on my way when I go north so I'm by there all the time.  Got me inspired to do a vintage race sled for a race or two a year but we'll see about that 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Pretty easy to support a cat die-hard good guy living the dream.  Last time I was there was talking to Tom a little about stuff and then I end up talking to his son in the shop who was going over his old wildcat that he just xc raced, couple hours later back on the road.  They're right on my way when I go north so I'm by there all the time.  Got me inspired to do a vintage race sled for a race or two a year but we'll see about that 

Enticer 250 FTMFW!

14 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Enticer 250 FTMFW!

I was thinking of a 90's cat, aws1 sled like a 94 cougar or 96 jag liquid.  440 liquid and then go from there.  Very out of character for anyone that knows me lol 

On 8/16/2023 at 10:47 AM, Potatodigger1 said:

I guess somebody did!!

IMG_1344.jpeg

Level one is a 1000 bucks each and must be purchased in pairs. Go look what you get for a 1000 bucks. Totally not worth it. It’s basically parking close, open bar, free food, a gift card, and gift bag. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

since no one has brought it up to my knowledge... will Cat unveil a new SX sled at Hay Days? 

agnes-holding-breath.gif

Mike Kloetys rejection email to me for an RXC made it sound like there isn’t much promise in the cat racing world. But at least the guy on trail riders bitching about the seat on the RXC compared to his 2019 pantera will get his cross country sled.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Level one is a 1000 bucks each and must be purchased in pairs. Go look what you get for a 1000 bucks. Totally not worth it. It’s basically parking close, open bar, free food, a gift card, and gift bag. 

I don't even think it was open bar I think it was a couple of drink tickets at the bar.  To get open bar you'd have to do 2 or 3.  

To each their own some people a thousand bucks is nothing so sure why not but I'm not the 1% apparently 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

since no one has brought it up to my knowledge... will Cat unveil a new SX sled at Hay Days? 

agnes-holding-breath.gif

Cat, just like the rest of the world, doesn’t give a shit about sno-x.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I don't even think it was open bar I think it was a couple of drink tickets at the bar.  To get open bar you'd have to do 2 or 3.  

To each their own some people a thousand bucks is nothing so sure why not but I'm not the 1% apparently 

Those are honestly for vendors, and they get help from sponsors. Holly Fuck! Are you all honesty fucking stupid? Polaris blood in your veins? No help for the stupid.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Those are honestly for vendors, and they get help from sponsors. Holly Fuck! Are you all honesty fucking stupid? Polaris blood in your veins? No help for the stupid.

Vendors already spend a big ole pile of money to be there, plus some vendors host shit that is way better then the Haydays crap.

Fox and FXR put on stuff way better then this if you have the hookup.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Vendors already spend a big ole pile of money to be there, plus some vendors host shit that is way better then the Haydays crap.

Fox and FXR put on stuff way better then this if you have the hookup.  

No shit? Betting the smart vendors get a break. Just sayin.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

No shit? Betting the smart vendors get a break. Just sayin.

Cat caters their own meals.

With the gift card and the gift bag, this really isn't targeted at your average Haydays vendor. 

Most of them want to get the fuck out of there and get a shower.

It is targeted at the dinks that feel the need to spend $1000 to get into Haydays.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Cat caters their own meals.

With the gift card and the gift bag, this really isn't targeted at your average Haydays vendor. 

Most of them want to get the fuck out of there and get a shower.

It is targeted at the dinks that feel the need to spend $1000 to get into Haydays.

You sound like you got ass fucked and liked it.

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Whoa dude.  And here I thought we were bros 

• Haha 1