Check your account email address ×

Hay Days 2023

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Release the new motor at haydays and have one ready to run trail stock 850 if they have any balls, marketing sense or confidence in it. (I know they won’t and no company would but fuck they need to do something to make a splash.)

You make it sound like they are desperate for excitement/splash.  Maybe you think that because it's summer and snowmobile industry is quiet?  The catalyst has been the biggest hype/splash in all of snowmobiling in quite some time and they still control that and have more things coming for it with the bigger motor.  I think it'd be most strategic to wait on unveiling the big motor until mid winter or spring.  Get all the hype and feedback out for the catalyst 600 then start it back up with big motor hype.  Otherwise you're competing with yourself when you could be extending the excitement 

25 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Release the new motor at haydays and have one ready to run trail stock 850 if they have any balls, marketing sense or confidence in it. (I know they won’t and no company would but fuck they need to do something to make a splash.)

They did that fall of 02 with the F7

16 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You make it sound like they are desperate for excitement/splash.  Maybe you think that because it's summer and snowmobile industry is quiet?  The catalyst has been the biggest hype/splash in all of snowmobiling in quite some time and they still control that and have more things coming for it with the bigger motor.  I think it'd be most strategic to wait on unveiling the big motor until mid winter or spring.  Get all the hype and feedback out for the catalyst 600 then start it back up with big motor hype.  Otherwise you're competing with yourself when you could be extending the excitement 

Big motor at haydays, unless something changes between now and then.

Myself and plenty of others have been pushing to have a smallish run after they finish the 600's and ship them to dealers after the holidays (just like they used to do)  Code them as demos, and not let them be sold till spring.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mnstang said:

People forget about hype real quick especially when it wasn’t tangible last winter and you won’t be able to ride one unless your buddy was one of 300 people to actually get their order filled on one. They need all the hype they can get.

24 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

People forget about hype real quick especially when it wasn’t tangible last winter and you won’t be able to ride one unless your buddy was one of 300 people to actually get their order filled on one. They need all the hype they can get.

Well it is way more than that. At least 2 months of production.

1 hour ago, krom said:

They did that fall of 02 with the F7

Big motor at haydays, unless something changes between now and then.

Myself and plenty of others have been pushing to have a smallish run after they finish the 600's and ship them to dealers after the holidays (just like they used to do)  Code them as demos, and not let them be sold till spring.

I would expect if it's going to be available for m.y. 2025 that there'd be demos of them this winter and spring ordering.  I could see a haydays reveal of it, wouldn't be difficult, but I don't think it's necessary at all and I don't think it'd be the best move.  I think just having catalysts out at haydays for people to sit on would be nice, I still haven't touched one.

I remember when they introduced the 2021 cats, like a full unveil in the fall.. before the 20's were even out, I thought that was bad strategy.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

The 600 catalyst will be the talk of the industry again this winter when they are out on the trails and in the mountains and everyone is getting a chance to ride them.  They don't need more hype.  The only thing cat really needs is more production so more people can buy them.  I didn't know my catalyst is one of 300 though, in that case it'll be worth big money being that rare and first year production sled.

5 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Other than the splash Textron keeps making in the toilet.  Something positive would be huge.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

I would expect if it's going to be available for m.y. 2025 that there'd be demos of them this winter and spring ordering.  I could see a haydays reveal of it, wouldn't be difficult, but I don't think it's necessary at all and I don't think it'd be the best move.  I think just having catalysts out at haydays for people to sit on would be nice, I still haven't touched one.

I remember when they introduced the 2021 cats, like a full unveil in the fall.. before the 20's were even out, I thought that was bad strategy.

The 600 catalyst will be the talk of the industry again this winter when they are out on the trails and in the mountains and everyone is getting a chance to ride them.  They don't need more hype.  The only thing cat really needs is more production so more people can buy them.  I didn't know my catalyst is one of 300 though, in that case it'll be worth big money being that rare and first year production sled.

Redline was the talk of the industry for couple years and used the same un organized marketing strategy of shit. It worked out well for them. You know who just did a launch of 40k sxs the general public did not know what was coming? Polaris and they will sell a bunch of them right out the gate vs fiddle fucking around for years 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Redline was the talk of the industry for couple years and used the same un organized marketing strategy of shit. It worked out well for them. You know who just did a launch of 40k sxs the general public did not know what was coming? Polaris and they will sell a bunch of them right out the gate vs fiddle fucking around for years 

Don't care about sxs, good for them?  There's a long list of manufacturers that closed up besides redline.

Like I said cat only needs more production because the demand is there but I'm good with my 1 of 300 retirement plan.

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

Don't care about sxs, good for them?  There's a long list of manufacturers that closed up besides redline.

Like I said cat only needs more production because the demand is there but I'm good with my 1 of 300 retirement plan.

If they want to put a serious dent in anyone’s sales (which they should) they need to have more than 3 demo rides in very specific locations a year. I also ordered 2 catalysts but that doesn’t mean they’re building enough of them to matter in the grand scheme of things, I bet ski Doo sold about as many neos this year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

If they want to put a serious dent in anyone’s sales (which they should) they need to have more than 3 demo rides in very specific locations a year. I also ordered 2 catalysts but that doesn’t mean they’re building enough of them to matter in the grand scheme of things, I bet ski Doo sold about as many neos this year.

I agree on getting them into the hands of prospective buyers.  Cat marketing had big ideas on demos that never materialized and I don't know why.

I've said this before, but I won't buy a new sled that I can't demo first.  I've told that to Polaris several times - including to executive types - and they say "we don't do that any more, contact your dealer" (who hasn't had demo sleds for years).  Polaris is doing a great job innovating, but they don't put enough emphasis on letting consumers see, touch and ride their snow products.

Krom - that would be awesome if they'd do a short run of the new motor after the 600 production wraps up.  I can think of specific people inside the company who would be pushing that same idea and hope it comes to be.

Not greg b's point about Whatshername - I agree - she was there only long enough to give her a step up to something else.  I, too, have seen this happen in large organizations.  Only time will tell if she did anything for Arctic Cat.  At best, I think it was minimal improvements.  At worst, she'll have done lasting damage that can't be undone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I agree on getting them into the hands of prospective buyers.  Cat marketing had big ideas on demos that never materialized and I don't know why.

I've said this before, but I won't buy a new sled that I can't demo first.  I've told that to Polaris several times - including to executive types - and they say "we don't do that any more, contact your dealer" (who hasn't had demo sleds for years).  Polaris is doing a great job innovating, but they don't put enough emphasis on letting consumers see, touch and ride their snow products.

Krom - that would be awesome if they'd do a short run of the new motor after the 600 production wraps up.  I can think of specific people inside the company who would be pushing that same idea and hope it comes to be.

Not greg b's point about Whatshername - I agree - she was there only long enough to give her a step up to something else.  I, too, have seen this happen in large organizations.  Only time will tell if she did anything for Arctic Cat.  At best, I think it was minimal improvements.  At worst, she'll have done lasting damage that can't be undone.

But, but she was fully committed, even moved to trf....

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I've been around Corporate America long enough to know how all that works! 

My VIP pass includes 1 brat, 1 gatorade, use of a 2 wheeler to haul out my purchases, and a temporary storage spot at @Potatodigger1's trailer.

VIP’s get 2 brats this year!!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Palu49 said:

They are currently not limited by demand or splash or anything like that.  They could have had 500 demo rides and they would have sold the exact same amount of catalysts.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, p51mstg said:

It was great when Polaris was doing those rides.been to several and after rides they would sit down with us and ask us what we thought of rides.too bad they stopped program.

have dealer talked into letting take new sc4 for weekend this winter for test ride.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Fine, I'll stay in Iowa that weekend and drink Hamm's there in a different overpriced parking spot.

Hamm's still exists??

Not sure if I've ever seen it in real life

just a quick ?

when they hyped the shit out of the F7 at the into... how many did they actually produce and sell the first year?  

this isn't 2003 apparently... and people have gotten deposits back.   

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just a quick ?

when they hyped the shit out of the F7 at the into... how many did they actually produce and sell the first year?  

this isn't 2003 apparently... and people have gotten deposits back.   

they built 16,000 in 2012, and more firecats that that.

They sold more F7's in 03 than they will build sleds this year, for AC, doo, and yami combined.

• Thanks 1