Check your account email address ×

Arctic Catalyst on the scales

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Cunt is not homophobic.

That is correct, however you are making a huge assumption that he has even the slightest clue what the word cunt means, let-alone a word as big as homophobic.  Don't forget that neither he, or his dealer could figure out what "all" meant. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

....I might retire early and defunk the BS for profit.

You can't.  You get paid dirt.  My 13 year old makes more per hour ref'ing soccer games. 

19 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I design the roads you drive on.

You don't design shit.  You hold a fucking yield sign.  If you did design something NO ONE ever should drive on them.  I'll give you a hint, an Engineer designs them.  You are NOT an engineer.

3 hours ago, Simple Jim said:

Does anyone know what my stick on mohawk weighs?

Enough to make Ramstad tip over on his sled going around corners at sub-50mph.

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

delving in a bit deeper, has Textron Cat said precisely which Procross/Proclimb trail, b/c or mountain model by comparison that the Catalyst is 10% lighter than? 

I smell 💩

Yes the new catalyst 600 is 10% lighter than the thunder cat. Heidi said it herself before leaving 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see they are still using that boat anchor procross muffler in it. A diamond s can will knock an easy 10-13 pounds off the sled 

And put you in a violation in many riding areas. Minnesota now included. Just drop this Bullshit and wait for wet weight. Only thing that matters.

23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yes the new catalyst 600 is 10% lighter than the thunder cat. Heidi said it herself before leaving 

I was being somewhat serious... but maybe they based their numbers off a pig heavy 4S 

IDK, neither do you 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

And put you in a violation in many riding areas. Minnesota now included. Just drop this Bullshit and wait for wet weight. Only thing that matters.

show me any manufacturer that lists wet weight in their specifications... for sleds, ATVs, sxs's, bikes, etc.

I'll build a bridge and a 30 mile long four lane interstate while you are looking... with a shovel and wheelbarrow 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I was being somewhat serious... but maybe they based their numbers off a pig heavy 4S 

IDK, neither do you 

show me any manufacturer that lists wet weight in their specifications... for sleds, ATVs, sxs's, bikes, etc.

I'll build a bridge and a 30 mile long four lane interstate while you are looking... with a shovel and wheelbarrow 

Actually, Cat lists it in the manual. For as long as I can remember. Might even be required. Weight laws.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm guessing jimwit doesn't see all the 'whats the loudest can?' threads on Facebook from MN... dude lives in a bubble, which tops out at 50mph

The law was past in Minnesota. Stock only. Just like Michigan and a few others.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK, neither do you 

I don’t know I’m sure we’ll know soon enough. It’s not like it’s that far off thought the weight you posted earlier for the zr procross 512 and That 499 zr catalyst weight call it 480 cause it did have oil and coolant. It just be nice to have an official dry weight from cat at some point like every other manufacturer puts out.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

delving in a bit deeper, has Textron Cat said precisely which Procross/Proclimb trail, b/c or mountain model by comparison that the Catalyst is 10% lighter than? 

I smell 💩

They said it was 10% lighter.  Meaning an M is 10% less than an ascender.  Meaning a zr catalyst is 10% lighter than a tw stroke zr procross.  Equipped the same.  (E start etc)

Arctic Cat isn't coming out now and saying "well the 600 zr catalyst is 10% lighter than a thundercat".  They are not saying that.  You are trying to imply that maybe they are doing something along those lines, but they aren't doing that.  If they got the 10% thing wrong I'd say it was just that, they were wrong.  They weren't trying to pull trickery.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

The diamond s passes the same SAE sound tests the OEM mufflers must must pass to get certified  

Edited by Not greg b

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK, neither do you 

I know of an engineer who can design that bridge for you:lol2:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Actually, Cat lists it in the manual. For as long as I can remember. Might even be required. Weight laws.

take a picture of the weight listed in your manual and post it for us.

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

They said it was 10% lighter.  Meaning an M is 10% less than an ascender.  Meaning a zr catalyst is 10% lighter than a tw stroke zr procross.  Equipped the same.  (E start etc)

Arctic Cat isn't coming out now and saying "well the 600 zr catalyst is 10% lighter than a thundercat".  They are not saying that.  You are trying to imply that maybe they are doing something along those lines, but they aren't doing that.  If they got the 10% thing wrong I'd say it was just that, they were wrong.  They weren't trying to pull trickery.  

I was half joking.  A 10% weight reduction on something which typically clocks in around 500-600lbs is rather significant and I'm curious to know where and how they trimmed 50-60lbs.  The majority of standard components don't weigh any less than the pro-series sleds.  It's a fairly bold weight reduction claim on their behalf... that I hope they back up in production.

• Like 1

Nobody mentioned that the weighed sled has the procross ski loops on it, that’s probably a few lbs right there over the new style with no check mark in the middle! All the demos I’ve seen have Minnesota license plates riveted to the snow flap so there’s a few Oz.

13 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I see they are still using that boat anchor procross muffler in it. A diamond s can will knock an easy 10-13 pounds off the sled 

I thought it was a different muffler.  Looks the same, but I think I might potentially remember them saying it was lighter.  I've searched some of the information, but can't find proof of that, unfortunately.  

The exhaust sounds better, but maybe it's just the intake that has changed.