Check your account email address ×

Arctic Catalyst on the scales

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

take a picture of the weight listed in your manual and post it for us.

I was half joking.  A 10% weight reduction on something which typically clocks in around 500-600lbs is rather significant and I'm curious to know where and how they trimmed 50-60lbs.  The majority of standard components don't weigh any less than the pro-series sleds.  It's a fairly bold weight reduction claim on their behalf... that I hope they back up in production.

It is a bold claim and I would also appreciate it being backed up.  I believe it was all word of mouth, cat reps telling media.  I wonder if there was some miscommunication, like maybe just the chassis itself is 10% lighter, but not the whole sled.  And then reps go around saying it's 10% lighter.  Who knows.

• Like 1

I went and looked and they no longer give the estimated wet weight. For my 22 rr, it holds 6.4 quarts of coolant or approx, 14 lbs. The oil weighs 6 lbs sled holds 3.25. So rounding up, 5 lbs. 19 lbs. The Catalist holds 3 quarts of oil, so assuming the coolant capacity is similar, 499 - 18 lbs for coolant and oil, dry weight for the 137 with E start is around 480 lbs. Take the RXC without is around 455. Dry weight of my RR states 497. Add in fluids about 580. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It is a bold claim and I would also appreciate it being backed up.  I believe it was all word of mouth, cat reps telling media.  I wonder if there was some miscommunication, like maybe just the chassis itself is 10% lighter, but not the whole sled.  And then reps go around saying it's 10% lighter.  Who knows.

agreed, I can see the actual chassis lightening by 10% (a few lbs) but not the entire sled unless it's all carbon, titanium and fifty thousand dollars.  

major places they can't or won't likely be able to shave very much weight.  

track and skid

engine, fuel and exhaust system 

front suspension and steering  

few lbs here and there with wiring, smaller seat, body panels, headlamp... but I'm just very doubtful they shaved 10% of the entire weight from the pro chassis. 

500lbs seems about normal for an average Doo and Poo 600 class sled so if their in the same weight class and relative HP category the performance should be on an equal plane.  Handling is where it hopefully shines.  

18 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Ah, so you were WRONG....as usual.  Not listed for your ProChump?

some of us actually know where and how to find stuff...

https://support.countrycat.com/?home_feed=feed&taxonomy_59981_taxa=d0dc9c8a-921a-4c21-a567-5aca54fbaf32&order=recent

Sno Pro 500 was listed as 450lbs dry weight in the race manual. I have my brothers race manual at home and will see if the dry weight is listed. 

Edit: 476 for the RXC and 452 for the SX 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

This is from an old 2002 I had. Both dry and curb weight was in the manual.

20230726_125330.jpg

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Ah, so you were WRONG....as usual.  Not listed for your ProChump?

He's proud of how often he talks shit about things he's clueless about, shows everyone he can, as often as possible.  He wouldn't have posted that pic, if he was smart enough to realize in doing so, he proved himself wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I went and looked and they no longer give the estimated wet weight. For my 22 rr, it holds 6.4 quarts of coolant or approx, 14 lbs. The oil weighs 6 lbs sled holds 3.25. So rounding up, 5 lbs. 19 lbs. The Catalist holds 3 quarts of oil, so assuming the coolant capacity is similar, 499 - 18 lbs for coolant and oil, dry weight for the 137 with E start is around 480 lbs. Take the RXC without is around 455. Dry weight of my RR states 497. Add in fluids about 580. 

My new Renegade XRS will be heavier, and faster, and more comfortable.

6 minutes ago, krom said:

He's proud of how often he talks shit about things he's clueless about, shows everyone he can, as often as possible.  He wouldn't have posted that pic, if he was smart enough to realize in doing so, he proved himself wrong.

Hey dipshit. I stated that I was wrong. Read much? 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

A 120 would be to much for a shithead like you.

Gladly race you anytime.  You choose my ride.  I can bring either a 500 snopro or an 850 136 whatever you prefer.  We can meet at elk river on open night so you don't have to break the 50mph law.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Gladly race you anytime.  You choose my ride.  I can bring either a 500 snopro or an 850 136 whatever you prefer.  We can meet at elk river on open night so you don't have to break the 50mph law.

I don't race anymore. 56 years old, so how I ride is my choice. Other than that, go fuck yourself. 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Yeah, we don't have limits here, were not pussies.

If there were I'd be on an Expedition.

There's probably a large number of riders that can handle you with a 600 just saying 

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

My new Renegade XRS will be heavier, and faster, and more comfortable.

You must be 5'2"  if you think the xrs is more comfortable.

At 6'4"  riding the doo feels like a monkey fucking a football.

50 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I don't race anymore. 56 years old, so how I ride is my choice. Other than that, go fuck yourself. 

You've never raced because you know that your ass has never been able to cash any of the checks your mouth writes

45 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

56 acts like 12.

Good job.

Honestly 12 is giving him credit.  its far above his intelligence, vocabulary, and grammar.