Check your account email address ×

The rain is relentless here in the Northeast

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Going to be bad, real bad. Historic flooding more than likely. 

What part?..... Depends where you are.... We had torrential thunderstorms yesterday probably about 4 inches of rain.

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Northern NY, VT and NH. 

Yeah.... Those storms just sitting there real slow moving on radar..good luck...they moved well north of us

11 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Our group is going ridefing next week at the top of NH. Last year there was no rain and the dust was ridiculous clogged one of the kids quads to the point it quit running. I am hoping some rain will make the trails nice.

Yeah, I dunno... we went wheelin' last week and the mud was horrid... not just a little patch here and there, but sports hundreds of feet long just rutted and flat topped from rigs riding on top. Turned around and rode the rad back, wasn't getting stuck in that shit....

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah, I dunno... we went wheelin' last week and the mud was horrid... not just a little patch here and there, but sports hundreds of feet long just rutted and flat topped from rigs riding on top. Turned around and rode the rad back, wasn't getting stuck in that shit....

Looks like most of the rains have avoided the southern NE coasts, its been cloudy but not a ton of rain or much in the forecast.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Posted some of these in the daily thread already but ya pretty bad around here can’t imagine how VT is they got it the worst I hear. Few around town today and few from ride home yesterday during down pours.

That docks usually foot or two above the water. The brook down the road kids and I walked to earlier to see well over it’s banks.

IMG_3424.thumb.jpeg.d091c7dc714311adf306c9abc2cc12da.jpegIMG_3427.thumb.jpeg.a729d17b876b1bef8b03c11d6fc4b989.jpegIMG_3435.thumb.jpeg.13df53d1ca9b626fe9301ead491e777a.jpegIMG_3438.thumb.png.1a4839453c45622d6b0daf7d2beceaa2.pngIMG_3420.thumb.png.029c902b5efcad30e902f309e42325e1.pngIMG_3421.thumb.png.e820985d99efee177f6ed674a9457123.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Looks like most of the rains have avoided the southern NE coasts, its been cloudy but not a ton of rain or much in the forecast.

Up here it hasn't been excessive, but it has been consistent. I bet we have not had 5 days over 85 this summer....

For 3 weeks I would check the forecast and it showed rain or full clouds... like I said earlier, over a month late opening the pool, and that was just for the grand kid....

we were spared the huge amounts like they got 70 miles south of me. they got 10 inches in some spots. wrecked them pretty good. we got probably 4 inches . typical summer storm total. so much for boating on the hudson river. it was already a mess. we were however in a serious drought before all this rain and had we not got rain i feel by now we would have been in trouble. went for a mountain bike ride yesterday morning and the woods were saturated. smelled like mold and piss instead of it's usual glory. but i hate worrying about my well going dry so i guess the rain will do it. maybe it will continue in to winter as the white stuff

• Like 2

NYC got 7” in a couple hours on Sunday. They shut down all the flights out of jfk. I know, I was stuck there. :lol: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Edmo said:

NYC got 7” in a couple hours on Sunday. They shut down all the flights out of jfk. I know, I was stuck there. :lol: 

Subway platforms will smell like rotting garbage for a week

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Could be worse than Hurricane Irene. I'd guess that we've had 5 inches of rain in the last 12 hours. Mother Nature is pissed.

We got about 3" here in IP. Cannan only reported .9". Just to my west looks to have gotten hammered.

• Like 1

we had that glorious cool night we have been waiting for last night. beautiful today. hurricane irene hit us here with 13 inches of rain real fast. highest i have ever seen water around here. this video was early on.this guy was most likely saved by a boat, maybe even my buddy.  my buddy went by the red light in town with a boat and touched it as he went by. there were weed on the power lines

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ckf said:

We got about 3" here in IP. Cannan only reported .9". Just to my west looks to have gotten hammered.

Just seen Ludlow VT flood on Fox. Main street is under water.