Check your account email address ×

The rain is relentless here in the Northeast

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn….you guys can’t catch a break.

IMG_1558.thumb.png.6a53f371b9a81df79803640caab58482.png

I was just looking at the radar. Hopefully they quickly pass through without doing any more damage.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Dave Moody is from Barre Vermont and his Mom still lives there…that being said what do you think of his take on cancelling the race at Thunder Road…

Just came back from checking on a friends house who is out of town. Going to take a long time to clean this one up. Never have seen this type of flooding in this area and it's worse going south. Just keeps downpouring for 20-30 minutes at a time.

• Sad 2

• Gold Member
47 minutes ago, ckf said:

The trails must be in rough shape :sad:

A friend was showing me some pictures of some clubs trails in western maine and it does not look good. There is a rail trail in Jay that completely washed away 70ft down the hill side. I’d imagine VT is much worse 😔.

• Sad 3

13 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Just came back from checking on a friends house who is out of town. Going to take a long time to clean this one up. Never have seen this type of flooding in this area and it's worse going south. Just keeps downpouring for 20-30 minutes at a time.

I think that the pic I posted is from Sutton. I may try to get out tomorrow to have a look around with the drone.

28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That doesn't look good. 

It's amazing how much damage has been done. Vermont has been the hardest hit, but there's been flooding in other parts of New England and upstate NY.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's amazing how much damage has been done. Vermont has been the hardest hit, but there's been flooding in other parts of New England and upstate NY.

We finally got a small taste of what you guys have been dealing with recently.  Heavy rains and tornado warnings today.    

3 hours ago, ckf said:

The trails must be in rough shape :sad:

Saw a post on the Book... first time I have been there in months, was just going to Marketplace, figuring on like half a million bucks in damaged trails in the area, Eustis was named...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

So far here in Pittsburgh the trails have not been awful. Yes there are a few washouts but completely rideable. No dust this year.

Did ya get over to rte ( road ) 145 in colebrook and see beaver brook falls. Usualy a trickle, now a river

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

We finally got a small taste of what you guys have been dealing with recently.  Heavy rains and tornado warnings today.    

We got it yuesterday. Culvert in my driveway was overwhelmed and overflowed. Sending a river down my driveway. Had to take the tractor and make a bern to divert it into a ditch.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Snake said:

Saw a post on the Book... first time I have been there in months, was just going to Marketplace, figuring on like half a million bucks in damaged trails in the area, Eustis was named...

I was just on some community groups on FB. There are lots of roads washed out and people are trying to figure out which roads are open so they can get to work.  It's a mess.

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Supposed to clear up a little today. Has been really muggy.

PXL_20230717_112612447.jpg

Air quality alert here today from the wild fires to our north.

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, ckf said:

Rainfall totals from the latest storms. I'm just outside of the pink in northern Vermont. The pink in NH is the area that I used to live in. Crazy summer!

FB_IMG_1689612205909.jpg

What’s the past 30days totals that be interesting seeing since it hasn’t stopped raining all damn summer 😂. I’m right near that small pink 3.27 area lots of washed out culverts and edges of the roads eroded away around here. Nothing compared to the flooding west of here though.

• Like 1

Heard somewhere got 7 inches of rain in 45 mins.

That's crazy.

Don't thing even my house and or shop would stay dry.