Check your account email address ×

The rain is relentless here in the Northeast

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Scott might be a little more left leaning than most republicans, but he is much better than Shumlin. I still think he had his hands the Burke and Jay Peak mess.

In a state that leans this far left, it would be almost impossible to have a republican governor that isn't kinda centered IMO.

Your right but you can only wish. I don't think we'll have a centrist type House or Senate for a long time unfortunately. Super majority in the House full of transplants that came here with boatloads of money with a leftist agenda has changed Vt forever. Totally agree on the Schumlin thing along with his highness Pat Leahy et all.

• Like 1

I tried to get to the State capital today, but kept coming to roads that were closed. The back roads that were open were in rough shape.

Here's a short clip of a road that was open.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I tried to get to the State capital today, but kept coming to roads that were closed. The back roads that were open were in rough shape.

Here's a short clip of a road that was open.

Washed out good. Grader operator gonna be busy this year.

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Washed out good. Grader operator gonna be busy this year.

Town crews were working hard to fill the worst areas. Lots of work ahead for sure.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Your right but you can only wish. I don't think we'll have a centrist type House or Senate for a long time unfortunately. Super majority in the House full of transplants that came here with boatloads of money with a leftist agenda has changed Vt forever. Totally agree on the Schumlin thing along with his highness Pat Leahy et all.

My nephew , who is quite liberal himself, moved out of Burlington area saying " people from NY and NJ has pretty much ruined chittenden county"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My nephew , who is quite liberal himself, moved out of Burlington area saying " people from NY and NJ has pretty much ruined chittenden county"

doesn't surprise me one bit.  They've fucked up our area too over the past 30 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hayward said:

doesn't surprise me one bit.  They've fucked up our area too over the past 30 years.

well i live in ny and have folks from ny and nj fucking it up. city folk that is

57 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

well i live in ny and have folks from ny and nj fucking it up. city folk that is

Yep.  You up staters are good folk.  Like everyone was down here 30+ years ago.  But she gone now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

4 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

3 hours ago, hayward said:

Yep.  You up staters are good folk.  Like everyone was down here 30+ years ago.  But she gone now!

Yup I got no problem with Upstate NYers. We ride with them often in Woodford VT since the border is right there.  Usually all good Guys.

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yup I got no problem with Upstate NYers. We ride with them often in Woodford VT since the border is right there.  Usually all good Guys.

usually when people hear ny they assume nyc. we are pretty much the opposite of that , always have been.that being said not all of those city folk are bad. many are just like us. i remember my neighbor moving up , thought he was a tough guy because he was from nyc. once i beat his ass in front of everyone he calmed down and we became good friends to this day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
Just now, sleepybrew said:

usually when people hear ny they assume nyc. we are pretty much the opposite of that , always have been.that being said not all of those city folk are bad. many are just like us. i remember my neighbor moving up , thought he was a tough guy because he was from nyc. once i beat his ass in front of everyone he calmed down and we became good friends to this day. 

Bro same when people hear CT.... I live in the sticks total opposite of what people think. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

All my relatives in NY are severe liberals. Can't even talk with them without it oozing from every pore. My father won't even go there anymore.

not saying they are not here, especially now. but in history we have been a different breed. my town is solid red. what part of ny are they from?

12 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Bro same when people hear CT.... I live in the sticks total opposite of what people think. 

my stepdaughter lives in new fairfield. we go mtn biking at the norbrook brewery in what i think is the litchfield hills. it's mountains here. don't know if any of you had been to hunter mountain, but i can walk outside right now and see it. i live about 14 miles away and could go home through the woods if i had to. and i know every inch of it. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Snake said:

All my relatives in NY are severe liberals. Can't even talk with them without it oozing from every pore. My father won't even go there anymore.

Ya got just a couple morons on both sides blood/in-law . I really try to not let the politics and bullshit MSM get in the way of family. Dont wanna hang out with the sheep but if I see em at a function I always am nice. Lifes too short . 

Only time i really got mad was when my libtard uncle told me I was irresponsible for inviting my Mother over for Easter during covid . Even after she was vaccinated like he preached.  She is the only one that wanted to come nobody else did. Yet he still got mad. Now he acts like that never happened.   :lol:

Edited by EvilBird

On 7/11/2023 at 5:00 PM, J. Jackson said:

i feel ya. we have the same shit. good luck buying a house here anymore. used to be real reasonable. my house is average size but nice, nice yard, 2 acres, detached garage , full basement , i paid 75k in 1995. right now even with the slowdown it triple that . i'm not moving so all it does is raise my taxes. 

18 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i feel ya. we have the same shit. good luck buying a house here anymore. used to be real reasonable. my house is average size but nice, nice yard, 2 acres, detached garage , full basement , i paid 75k in 1995. right now even with the slowdown it triple that . i'm not moving so all it does is raise my taxes. 

Actually it is spending that raises your taxes. After a reevaluation the rate goes down but the cost of town employee health insurance, replacing trucks and police cruisers ect goes up. 

If the value of your house went down  your taxes would still go up 

On 7/11/2023 at 11:33 AM, Steve753 said:

So in your opinion, this is normal and not happening because of climate change. Or???

Climate change :lol:

If you say it enough I guess mush minds will listen 

On 7/11/2023 at 11:51 AM, ckf said:

I'm not a scientist approved by the FS community. There are more than enough here already :lol:  As I have said here before, the earth has been warning since the ice age. I believe that the majority of it is the natural cycle. However, humans are playing a part. I have no idea to the extent. But it is proven that it's warmer in city centers than the suburbs. Less trees and more concrete equals warmer temps. As more trees get cut, temps go up.

As for greenhouse gases and stuff like that. I have no opinion on as I haven't taken the time to properly dig into it.

They have no idea the extent either smh 

The best way I see to describe what a sham it is  Canada and trees. If you take the amount of carbon they produce and the amount the trees they have absorb to they have an infinite surpluses of carbon credits

7 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

not saying they are not here, especially now. but in history we have been a different breed. my town is solid red. what part of ny are they from?

Buffalo...

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Always amazed me how rural so much of CT  is 

I live in farm country, beaners everywhere working the fields.  Next town over there are more cows than people :lol: 

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I live in farm country, beaners everywhere working the fields.  Next town over there are more cows than people :lol: 

When a bud told me they hunt ct with rifles I was shocked.