Check your account email address ×

Yamaha Out After 2025

Reading article yesterday.  Rinker boats started in like the 40’s and survived until Covid took them out in 2019.  FX and another manufacturer also went under.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Reading article yesterday.  Rinker boats started in like the 40’s and survived until Covid took them out in 2019.  FX and another manufacturer also went under.  

I didn’t know that..I had a Rinker…nice boats.

• Like 1

Arctic Cat would think had some forewarning of this.  Didn't look like the Yamaha motor would have fit in the Catalyst chassis so a new 4 stroke would have been needed.  Be interesting on what they do for a 4 stroke.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I didn’t know that..I had a Rinker…nice boats.

:bc:    Still do. 

Polaris  bought them a few years back, I believe. 2020 line was the last year. 

Edited by Cold War

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

:bc:    Still do. 

Polaris  bought them a few years back, I believe. 2020 line was the last year. 

IIRC mine was an 89 Captiva…21’ with a 350 Magnum Mercruiser and thru hulls…she scooted along pretty good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Its kind of a bummer, I really thought Yamaha could have dominated the sport if they wanted to, but farming out their mfg to Cat a few years ago kind of foretold what was going to happen eventually.  Over 20 grand for a new Lynx turbo.  Unreal machine, but what the frig, they have gotten to be stupid money.  And you can't even get one, unless you ordered it the first week of snowcheck.

I’m looking for a nice early 70’s EXT to ride on antique sled rides.  Easy to work on and plenty of parts available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

IIRC mine was an 89 Captiva…21’ with a 350 Magnum Mercruiser and thru hulls…she scooted along pretty good.

I have 90.  Kept it in pristine condition. They don’t build stuff to last like they used to.  Guy was tooling around in an old cris craft like this on last weekend. Beautiful!!! 

90F419DA-8068-4938-B046-2362AD3C6EED.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I have 90.  Kept it in pristine condition. They don’t build stuff to last like they used to.  Guy was tooling around in an old cris craft like this on last weekend. Beautiful!!! 

90F419DA-8068-4938-B046-2362AD3C6EED.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous!🌞🇺🇸👍🏼

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Arctic Cat would think had some forewarning of this.  Didn't look like the Yamaha motor would have fit in the Catalyst chassis so a new 4 stroke would have been needed.  Be interesting on what they do for a 4 stroke.

I'm guessing textron was part of it - probably cut them off for the new chassis. Unless doo or poo wanted to team up, there was nothing yamaha could do since they abandoned chassis development.

Yamaha sold out their whole lineup in hours at ridiculous prices with nothing new other than stickers and then exited the market a few months later. So it's not a demand problem. Dealers were asking for more product.

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Looked identical to this one…bought it from Rob Mason who was the Arctic Cat District sales rep at the time.

BF735C9E-5140-47F0-BFF2-877020BE21A8.thumb.jpeg.2fa141b5008c3d2dec3855e4c47e803c.jpeg

Nice!   Should of held on to it.  Cool looking boat.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Despite this coming as no surprise, I hate seeing a manufacturer leave the market. 

I agree.  Funny thing is, although Yamaha was getting to be a small portion of the industry, they had a pretty good representation in the area we ride (NW Wisconsin).  Maybe it bodes well for Cat, I dunno.  But it does make a person sit back and think what options are people really left with?  I think in the US, it's pretty much down to these - right?

Cat

Doo (and Lynx)

Poo

Tiaga (although I'm not sure how many dealers are out there for the electric sled)

18 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I agree.  Funny thing is, although Yamaha was getting to be a small portion of the industry, they had a pretty good representation in the area we ride (NW Wisconsin).  Maybe it bodes well for Cat, I dunno.  But it does make a person sit back and think what options are people really left with?  I think in the US, it's pretty much down to these - right?

Cat

Doo (and Lynx)

Poo

Tiaga (although I'm not sure how many dealers are out there for the electric sled)

Tiaga ran out of money. They are TOAST!

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Cheaper to buy a really nice used jeep 

For the vast majority of riding around here, a Jeep is too big and not allowed on trails. 65 inch max.

Paid $25k for my 4 door General XP 1000 at the beginning of Covid, he was almost a year before he received any more inventory. Bought it from Woody himself. After over 5k miles, I have replaced only an A arm that got tweaked when I rolled it over coming off a rock. Been bullet proof and cheap as hell to own. Ride all day on 6 or 7 gallons of gas... full coverage insurance was only around $200 or so a year....

0000000.thumb.jpg.07d90ae744d9e0ae064e97da62d5529b.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold Member
53 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Cat

Doo (and Lynx)

Poo

The remaining big 3, I don't really consider Tiaga an option yet as it hasn't really caught on. Maybe it will get some more traction out of this?

9 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

The remaining big 3, I don't really consider Tiaga an option yet as it hasn't really caught on. Maybe it will get some more traction out of this?

I know, and yeah I agree that Tiaga doesn't really count either.  But some here would argue that ... I won't mention names :whistle:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I know, and yeah I agree that Tiaga doesn't really count either.  But some here would argue that ... I won't mention names :whistle:

so-called snowmobilers can't spell, or read... 9_9 

https://financialpost.com/commodities/energy/electric-vehicles/taiga-revenue-losses-rise

1 hour ago, Snake said:

For the vast majority of riding around here, a Jeep is too big and not allowed on trails. 65 inch max.

Paid $25k for my 4 door General XP 1000 at the beginning of Covid, he was almost a year before he received any more inventory. Bought it from Woody himself. After over 5k miles, I have replaced only an A arm that got tweaked when I rolled it over coming off a rock. Been bullet proof and cheap as hell to own. Ride all day on 6 or 7 gallons of gas... full coverage insurance was only around $200 or so a year....

0000000.thumb.jpg.07d90ae744d9e0ae064e97da62d5529b.jpg

A Jeep CJ7 is 60 inches wide.

• Like 1