Check your account email address ×

Submarine on trip to explore Titanic wreck goes missing, "search and rescue operation" underway

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

reminds me of the time that I fucked a crazy, drunken fat girl reverse cowgirl. 

I’m a fan of the larger ladies..try to get on top and stay there….

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Voodoo said:

I’m a fan of the larger ladies..try to get on top and stay there….

Pump one, coast two?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

That’s probably how it plays out.

First of its kind.

Carbon fibre and titanium.

Likely find it did not take well to pressure loading and unloading and developed undetected flaws.

Would be interesting on the expansion and contraction of the two dissimilar materials at those pressures and temperatures.  Also what test were done on the carbon fiber capsule for any internal flaws and if it tested after each dive.

Just now, Steve753 said:

Pump one, coast two?

Just more feeling IMO.

Tight is good, but the meaty vagina is better IMO.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Just more feeling IMO.

Tight is good, but the meaty vagina is better IMO.

Sounds like some grade A mooseknuckle action!

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Would be interesting on the expansion and contraction of the two dissimilar materials at those pressures and temperatures.  Also what test were done on the carbon fiber capsule for any internal flaws and if it tested after each dive.

Doubt they did that.

More likely the built it, sent it to 6000 psi.

Repeat.

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Doubt they did that.

More likely the built it, sent it to 6000 psi.

Repeat.

Rather reckless on his part.  If your only going to go by yourself fine but if your charging people 250k very reckless.

I know the process proveout, documentation, test/results plus material certs I had to create and maintain for non-prequalified weld processes.  For any related design failure theses were one of the first records requested.

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Rather reckless on his part.  If your only going to go by yourself fine but if your charging people 250k very reckless.

I know the process proveout, documentation, test/results plus material certs I had to create and maintain for non-prequalified weld processes.  For any related design failure theses were one of the first records requested.

Presently submersible units sailing in internatonal waters are not subject to any regulatory agencies or bodies. I've heard that the SOLAS Convention will get another update specificaregarding submersible units.

Ironic considering the first SOLAS Convention was a direct of the Titanic itself.

Again, you make your choices, and live, or die, by the consequences. Blame nobody but the stupid customers that just had to have stupidity like this on their bucket list, and willingly paying 250K to roll the dice, despite knowing the possible outcome could be fatal. At the very least, they should of signed a contract were they only had to pay if they returned to the surface alive.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Presently submersible units sailing in internatonal waters are not subject to any regulatory agencies or bodies. I've heard that the SOLAS Convention will get another update specificaregarding submersible units.

Ironic considering the first SOLAS Convention was a direct of the Titanic itself.

Use to work between 5 different weld codes depending on material thickness, type and product application.  Most of the time the contract would call out a weld code to manufacture too.  During prototype testing or early production if there was a failure it was a given to supply the weld procedures during the failure analysis.

Sad deal that this happened.  It will be interesting how solid his release of liability waiver is.

10 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

At least it was quick. Absolute stupidity getting in that contraption.

Yep - as much as I've given zero fucks on this whole endeavor, I was hoping it was a quick death for all of them.  

• Like 1