Check your account email address ×

If this is true

Then Trump is a bigger cunt than I thought. Bootlickers, what say you? 

Trump Pressures Argentina Into Not Honoring Jimmy Carter With An Award

IL 3TH, 2017 f6d2c6722372d33d52a0080cd1072001?s=16&d= CONOVER NEWS, POLITICS11 COMM

The Trump administration explicitly requested that Argentine President Mauricio Macri delay honoring former Democratic President Jimmy Carter with an award. Marci planned to award Carter the Order of the Liberator General San Martin, the highest distinction in that country to a foreign person, but pressure from the Trump administration caused the honor to be delayed.

Carter, who has been a critic of Trump’s administration, was set to be honored by Argentina with the award which is the equivalent to America’s Medal of Freedom.

The Buenos Aires Herald reports:

The Mauricio Macri administration reverted a decision to award former US president Jimmy Carter the Order of the Liberator General San Martín — the maximum distinction that the country can give to a foreign personality —, under the pressure from US President Donald Trump’s administration, CNN web site reported this week.

The official tribute, which had already been approved by the foreign ministry and was published in the Official Gazette, was cancelled after receiving a specific request by the US government, which would have suggested it would be better to delay it. Carter was to be given the award for his work in promoting human rights during Argentina’s last military dictatorship.

According to CNN, an Argentinean official spoke on condition of anonymity and said the decision not to carry out the official delivery to Jimmy Carter was “to avoid conflicts” and to talk about matters of mutual interest between the two countries.

CNN reports:

The council that studies who to grant the distinction in the Chancellery of Argentina had approved the distinction to the former president for his work for peace and for his contribution to human rights during the dictatorship of Jorge Rafael Videla when Carter was president of the United States.

Trump has never been kind to his critics. Carter, on the other hand, is just a soul who, since leaving office, does charitable work for the needy. Carter just has an unfavorable view of Donald Trump and that is apparently too much for the alleged president to handle.

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Its not something thats hard to believe unfortunately.

Yeah well Jimmy Carter is a Democrat so obviously not worthy of recognition of all of his selfless deeds. He needs to worship at the alter of trump. 

Although I'm sure he doesn't give a shit, he doesn't work to house the poor and promote peace worldwide so he can be honored with an award. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah well Jimmy Carter is a Democrat so obviously not worthy of recognition of all of his selfless deeds. He needs to worship at the alter of trump. 

Although I'm sure he doesn't give a shit, he doesn't work to house the poor and promote peace worldwide so he can be honored with an award. 

Irony. One of our best ex-presidents being sabotaged by someone who is bound to be one of our worst ex-presidents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Then Trump is a bigger cunt than I thought. Bootlickers, what say you? 

Trump Pressures Argentina Into Not Honoring Jimmy Carter With An Award

IL 3TH, 2017 f6d2c6722372d33d52a0080cd1072001?s=16&d= CONOVER NEWS, POLITICS11 COMM

The Trump administration explicitly requested that Argentine President Mauricio Macri delay honoring former Democratic President Jimmy Carter with an award. Marci planned to award Carter the Order of the Liberator General San Martin, the highest distinction in that country to a foreign person, but pressure from the Trump administration caused the honor to be delayed.

Carter, who has been a critic of Trump’s administration, was set to be honored by Argentina with the award which is the equivalent to America’s Medal of Freedom.

The Buenos Aires Herald reports:

The Mauricio Macri administration reverted a decision to award former US president Jimmy Carter the Order of the Liberator General San Martín — the maximum distinction that the country can give to a foreign personality —, under the pressure from US President Donald Trump’s administration, CNN web site reported this week.

The official tribute, which had already been approved by the foreign ministry and was published in the Official Gazette, was cancelled after receiving a specific request by the US government, which would have suggested it would be better to delay it. Carter was to be given the award for his work in promoting human rights during Argentina’s last military dictatorship.

According to CNN, an Argentinean official spoke on condition of anonymity and said the decision not to carry out the official delivery to Jimmy Carter was “to avoid conflicts” and to talk about matters of mutual interest between the two countries.

CNN reports:

The council that studies who to grant the distinction in the Chancellery of Argentina had approved the distinction to the former president for his work for peace and for his contribution to human rights during the dictatorship of Jorge Rafael Videla when Carter was president of the United States.

Trump has never been kind to his critics. Carter, on the other hand, is just a soul who, since leaving office, does charitable work for the needy. Carter just has an unfavorable view of Donald Trump and that is apparently too much for the alleged president to handle.

I read that last week. I didnt post it because I thought it was fake but it seems its not.

Just now, Mainecat said:

I read that last week. I didnt post it because I thought it was fake but it seems its not.

It could be thats why i said, "If this is true". 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I would like to hear opinions from Trump supporters on this one.

Why....you have them all on ignore.

• Like 6

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

this seems a little fishy tbh. it's perhaps some sort of scheduling conflict?

You could be right. Its hard to know for sure because this is something you would expect from Trump but then again you would think his advisers would strongly oppose it. Who knows really?

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

You could be right. Its hard to know for sure because this is something you would expect from Trump but then again you would think his advisers would strongly oppose it. Who knows really?

it is. but if not true, it also makes good fodder for the "fake news" advocates like snoputz, momo, and others. the op cited excerpts from cnn, which made me suspicious, like it was "strung together".

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

:lol: I don't support Trump though but still :lmao: at that comment! 

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

this seems a little fishy tbh. it's perhaps some sort of scheduling conflict?

Points for Slinger.

That is all.  I've got a headache realizing he was the only one here that pieced this together. Or else, maybe Trump should really stop ruling Argentina with an iron fist.  Yeah, that's it.

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Priceless! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

No YOU are a dick.. :bc:

Well you are what you eat, so he is either a dick or a piece of shit not sure what he has eaten more of.

• Like 1