Check your account email address ×

If this is true

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

was jimmy involved with any of the affordable housing loans meetings during the Clinton foundation when the building blocks for the collapse were being stacked . why yes yes he was  

And while having control over both house and senate for 4 years W did nothing about it why no no he didn't, but he did enjoy the bubble economy it created while nearly doubling the debt.

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

So that's. No, I went fro 28 people to 11 during the Carter fiasco.

What specifically did Carter do that hurt your business?

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

And while having control over both house and senate for 4 years W did nothing about it why no no he didn't, but he did enjoy the bubble economy it created while nearly doubling the debt.

then when the dems took over what happened ? coincidence ?

15 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

I agree , he's an excellent ex president. His time in office was a disaster.

Kinda like dubya but with all of the charity work. And without all of the war and death... :bc:

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So the world wide economic collapse and trillions in war and the "fake" peak oil bullshit, wasn't dubyas fault it was in fact CARTER's fault!!!111

:lol:

57 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I lived through both Carter and W and things were never worse than under W, things were bad under Carter high interest rates high unemployment but no where near the debt, the Iraq war, and the worst financial collapse since the depression, Carter should have just traded arms for the hostages.

So high interest rates didn't affect you.  Heh man I had my paper route savings earning 18%.:lol:

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Bubbles don't last forever and as the economy slowed and fell into recession in Dec. 2007 and W did nothing about it hoping the crap wouldn't hit the fan until he was gone it did.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So high interest rates didn't affect you.  Heh man I had my paper route savings earning 18%.:lol:

My first home and car loans were around 15%. Looking back it seems rediculous now.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes they did, they hit everybody,  but it wasn't as bad as the late 07 thru 09 collapse and the rates were not raised during peak oil as gas prices hit record highs because the Fed learned the lesson of what happens when you do that like they did in the 70's

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

So the world wide economic collapse and trillions in war and the "fake" peak oil bullshit, wasn't dubyas fault it was in fact CARTER's fault!!!111

:lol:

Yes of course it was and anything that wasn't his fault was Clinton's or Obama's

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Bubbles don't last forever and as the economy slowed and fell into recession in Dec. 2007 and W did nothing about it hoping the crap wouldn't hit the fan until he was gone it did.

Look at when the peak oil bullshit started and then look when the sub prime loans ramped up. Oil prices ramped up immediately after dubya took office. Sub prime ramped up during the second term. It didn't take long to go to shit. 

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes of course it was and anything that wasn't his fault was Clinton's or Obama's

I know, Obama was fucking up shit long before he hit the scene! :lol:

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

So you were not in business and are too young to remember ,

No I had a side business,  and worked at a lumber mill and then construction while still running my side business.

What specifically did Carter do that hurt your business?

5 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

And not surprising you are talking about sucking cock yet again. Carter is a good Christian Man and you're an anonymous shitbag...GFY.

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So you were not in business and are too young to remember ,

Maybe you're just a shitty businessman and an asshole to boot....can't blame Carter for that. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I lived through both Carter and W and things were never worse than under W, things were bad under Carter high interest rates high unemployment but no where near the debt, the Iraq war, and the worst financial collapse since the depression, Carter should have just traded arms for the hostages.

:lies: 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

Carter was not a great president. Nobody is denying that. But he is a good and decent man and does a lot of good things. 

Hard to deny that. He has been a terrific ambassador for this country as an ex-president. As far as ex-president go, Trump won't even be able to clean Carter's shit stained underwear by comparison.

1 hour ago, Sleepr2 said:

I agree , he's an excellent ex president. His time in office was a disaster.

HFH is great but he needs to STFU he has said a lot of stupid shit over the years regarding foreign policy and his foreign policy was mostly a complete fucking disaster :flush: 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Look at when the peak oil bullshit started and then look when the sub prime loans ramped up. Oil prices ramped up immediately after dubya took office. Sub prime ramped up during the second term. It didn't take long to go to shit. 

subprime started ramping up in the late 90's and got progressively looser as they performed in an upward trending market. Plenty of dem and pub blame for the never ending push that all americans need to be homeowners.    Bush is the worst in the past 40 years strictly over his bad decision about Iraq.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

subprime started ramping up in the late 90's and got progressively looser as they performed in an upward trending market. Plenty of dem and pub blame for the never ending push that all americans need to be homeowners.    Bush is the worst in the past 40 years strictly over his bad decision about Iraq.  

Yah 40 years 1977 when Carter was elected :lol: 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Yes but the death blow was under dubya.

IN 1992, AN AFFORDABLE housing mission was added to the charters of Fannie and Freddie, which–like the CRA–permitted Congress to subsidize LMI housing without appropriating any funds. A 1997 Urban Institute report found that local and regional lenders seemed more willing than the GSEs to serve creditworthy low- to moderate-income and minority applicants. After this, Fannie and Freddie modified their automated underwriting systems to accept loans with characteristics that they had previously rejected. This opened the way for large numbers of nontraditional and sub-prime mortgages. These did not necessarily come from traditional banks, lending under the CRA, but from lenders like Countrywide Financial, the nation’s largest sub-prime and nontraditional mortgage lender and a firm that would become infamous for consistently pushing the envelope on acceptable underwriting standards.

Fannie and Freddie used their affordable housing mission to avoid additional regulation by Congress, especially restrictions on the accumulation of mortgage portfolios (today totaling approximately $1.6 trillion) that accounted for most of their profits. The GSEs argued that if Congress constrained the size of their mortgage portfolios, they could not afford to adequately subsidize affordable housing. By 1997, Fannie was offering a 97 percent loan-to-value mortgage. By 2001, it was offering mortgages with no down payment at all. By 2007, Fannie and Freddie were required to show that 55 percent of their mortgage purchases were LMI loans and, within that goal, 38 percent of all purchases were to come from underserved areas (usually inner cities) and 25 percent were to be loans to low-income and very-low-income borrowers. Meeting these goals almost certainly required Fannie and Freddie to purchase loans with low down payments and other deficiencies that would mark them as sub-prime or Alt-A.

The decline in underwriting standards is clear in the financial disclosures of Fannie and Freddie. From 2005 to 2007, Fannie and Freddie bought approximately $1 trillion in sub-prime and Alt-A loans. This amounted to about 40 percent of their mortgage purchases during that period. Moreover, Freddie purchased an ever-increasing percentage of Alt-A and sub-prime loans for each year between 2004 and 2007.

Edited by Anler