Check your account email address ×

we're literally drowning ourselves in debt

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Total fed tax revenue in 2022.  $4.9 trillion.

Almost $15K per person and we can't balance a budget.

Its time to acknowledge the system is broken and cannot be fixed without a constitutional amendment on spending.   

And if you average it out over the last 60 years, it increases about 6% a year.  Not hard to figure out how much you can spend year after year. 

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Total fed tax revenue in 2022.  $4.9 trillion.

Almost $15K per person and we can't balance a budget.

Its time to acknowledge the system is broken and cannot be fixed without a constitutional amendment on spending.   

again... 

As of April 2023 it costs $460 billion to maintain the debt, which is 13% of the total federal spending

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

again... 

As of April 2023 it costs $460 billion to maintain the debt, which is 13% of the total federal spending

I know dude....I posted that before. 

The goal will never be to pay it down but just not let it grow as the economy does. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The goal will never be to pay it down but just not let it grow as the economy does. 

we need to beat it into some people's brains apparently... 13% is utterly disgusting.  

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we need to beat it into some people's brains apparently... 13% is utterly disgusting.  

People won't get it until its too late....which it already is. 

I have to admit the left has done an absolutely amazing job at convincing the majority of American's that the wealthy have enough to pay for it all and then some.  Anyone with half a brain understands that simply isn't the case even without taking into consideration of the impacts on the economy.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

again, this is the metric which ultimately means the most... 

Screenshot_20230426-101520.thumb.png.978922e48e7a08aa8b0ec261aca83358.png

debt to gross domestic product...

Honestly how the govt handled COVID greatly accelerated our financial demise. 

• Like 1

Like I said....American's couldn't handle the Austerity needed to put our financial house in order. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Like I said....American's couldn't handle the Austerity needed to put our financial house in order. 

0758d4de8b8bc07291a803d7cc05224f.gif

time for some hard medicine... let's default and see if Biden utilizes the 14th amendment. 

Republicans passed an unfunded $2.3 TRILLION corporate tax cut under trump, then raised the debt ceiling (with NO preconditions) 3 times while ballooning the deficit, and NOW under Biden they’re refusing to pay THEIR bills? 

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Republicans passed an unfunded $2.3 TRILLION corporate tax cut under trump, then raised the debt ceiling (with NO preconditions) 3 times while ballooning the deficit, and NOW under Biden they’re refusing to pay THEIR bills? 

And the tax revenue of the US still increased.  More taxes isn't the answer.

After the GOP tax bill passed, CBO projected that corporate tax revenues would rise to $327 billion by 2021, but they came in 13 percent higher than projected at $370 billion.

Total federal tax revenues were $3.32 trillion in 2017, $3.33 trillion in 2018, $3.46 trillion in 2019, $3.42 trillion in 2020, and $4.05 trillion in 2021. Revenues in 2021 are 22 percent higher than prior to the tax cut in 2017.

It is a fucking spending problem.

Biden passed the 1.9 Trillion dollar Covid relief bill, the BIGGEST spending bill in US HISTORY

Without ONE GOP vote for it.  And now there is a bill to cut spending and not one democrat will vote for that.

Edited by racer254

44 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Don't let it affect your life too much, it will still be utterly disgusting long after you're dead.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He will and pay Trumps bills.

we haven't paid off Bush or Obama's bills yet... let alone the fucking mountain of bills Trump and Biden are sticking future generations with.  

we should start electing CPA's Actuaries and Mathematicians instead of Lawyers and career politicians.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we haven't paid off Bush or Obama's bills yet... let alone the fucking mountain of bills Trump and Biden are sticking future generations with.  

we should start electing CPA's Actuaries and Mathematicians instead of Lawyers and career politicians.

They would use FACTS when campaigning - that would be boring and without promises/lies that make people vote for them (See Student Debt Cancellation for one example)

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

why can't you just come out and say your ultimate goal is lower income taxes? 

I'd like lower taxes as well, but we've got bills to pay Sport and I'm looking at a far bigger picture than my personal tax obligations.  

don't remember if it was @Highmark or @Rigid1 that recently posted the amount we're just paying for debt service right now... but it was staggering.  

Not me

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

again, this is the metric which ultimately means the most... 

Screenshot_20230426-101520.thumb.png.978922e48e7a08aa8b0ec261aca83358.png

debt to gross domestic product...

Looks like it started to level out 4-5 years ago and spiked after that.  What changed Joe?

Saying on the news it was from people putting their groceries on a credit because they can’t afford food. But , yeah!   Charging stations every 50 miles.  

On 5/15/2023 at 9:48 AM, snoughnut said:

..........only for those too stupid to live within their means, I don't feel sorry for them.

Why would you ? They will just file and with in 30 days have a new card and get a discount on there mortgage to boot .

I am starting to feel like the chump for being responsible especaly after watching the 08 loosers end up on top and not learning a thing 

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

The gole is to go bankrupt and then have to go to the UN who will already have a new world digital currency ready to go . Backed by the same Morgan's the Rothschilds lazerds etc etc 

Then comes the minimum income and removal of every right that founded this countery 

There is a reason they are working so hard to overlap the entitlements at oh let's take the border  for example and a reason they are pushing there trials out 8 yrs and paying every one of them till that date . Full speed ahead over the cliff 

13 hours ago, Doug said:

Looks like it started to level out 4-5 years ago and spiked after that.  What changed Joe?

Covid and unprecedented unfunded spending Doug?