Check your account email address ×

we're literally drowning ourselves in debt

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

OK

Official_photo_of_Speaker_Nancy_Pelosi_in_2019.jpg

Doug... FFS, how many debt ceiling increases during the previous administration?  

Fwiw, I wasn't in favor of those either but the Trumpers didn't say BOo about it.

Hypocritical...

seems many here are ok with the debt, just not any repayment or stabilized current tax rates, when in actuality EVERYONE should be paying more to decrease the debt from the previous two decades.   

thanks again BOOMERS  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

seems many here are ok with the debt, just not any repayment or stabilized current tax rates, when in actuality EVERYONE should be paying more to decrease the debt from the previous two decades.   

thanks again BOOMERS  :thumbsup:

It's as simple as looking at the current negotiations going on about the debt cap limits.  Who wants to cut spending and doesn't.

Should we also talk about Biden's student loan forgiveness.  Otherwise known as buying votes

6 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

Spend your money on fun stuff. It will be worth less tomorrow and if Democrats keep destroying the country, what's going to be left to enjoy anyway? 

brainwashed moron that can't see past the visor of his silly red hat...

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

60% of Americans live check to check is it really a surprise credit card debt is so high. 

no, but why are they living check to check and precisely what is it they are racking up their debt over?  I would speculate wants .. as though this country seems to not realize what keeping up with the Joneses ultimately costs.

3 hours ago, hayward said:

Yep just the Republicans party, that’s it.  No democrats would ever participate in such nonsense!:smack:

nope, multiple decades of reckless spending from both parties with no plans to pay it back... Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush Light, Obama, Trump and Biden... decades of Potus, Congress and Senate that spent spent spent and never saved for a rainy day ... bad news, it's a f'ng monsoon now.  

2 hours ago, hayward said:

Could you imagine the younger generation of today having to carry cash around in thier pockets and only spending till it was gone?

Spinner would have to return to work overtime to try and fix their problems.

they pay for everything with a card of some sort including my own... $38 per week on average from her debit card and we go over the bills once a week.  she's been taught she cannot spend what she does not have.  we're weird parents I guess.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Do you think all the immigrants that Biden is letting in the country have jobs lined up to support themselfs and families or will tax payers be picking up thar bill also?

don't be totally omnipotent Doug, there's a lot of hard working 'immigrants' that come legally, work and pay taxes... whilst lazy entitled Americans refuse to do 'those jobs'.  hell, if you had meat or vegetables during the course of your three meals today odds are an 'immigrant' had a hand in it.  Imo if fat lazy entitled Americans don't want to work we need to boot their asses out and greatly increase our guest worker programs that DO pay into the tax system when done correctly and legally.

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Tell the class how much the Republicans spent on the last 2 national and presidential elections.

Now tell the class how much the Democrats spent.

ludicrous... but the money does transfer and people are taxed for their earnings on that income.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

It's as simple as looking at the current negotiations going on about the debt cap limits.  Who wants to cut spending and doesn't.

Should we also talk about Biden's student loan forgiveness.  Otherwise known as buying votes

yes, but most Americans don't give a flying FUCK 

the student loan forgiveness is horse shit, same as buying votes from the Teamsters who mismanaged their pension fund... or have we already forgotten about that?  

we keep doing what we've been doing and we as a republic are screwed... 

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, but why are they living check to check and precisely what is it they are racking up their debt over?  I would speculate wants .. as though this country seems to not realize what keeping up with the Joneses ultimately costs.

It’s pretty easy to see how apparently most of America is living check to check for example you need to make a fortune just to live around here. Average rent for a 1bd in Nashua NH is $1800 bucks just adding in utilities and food you’re at what 2500 easy for a single person with no car no cell no nothing for bills. You need to make  what 30-35hr? Just to pay bills something happens car breaks whatever guess what it’s going on a card. I’m sure some higher earner people it’s them trying to keep up with the jones putting shit on card but also lot of lower end middle class I’m sure are just barely making it and need to put essentials on a card.

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s pretty easy to see how apparently most of America is living check to check for example you need to make a fortune just to live around here. Average rent for a 1bd in Nashua NH is $1800 bucks just adding in utilities and food you’re at what 2500 easy for a single person with no car no cell no nothing for bills. You need to make  what 30-35hr? Just to pay bills something happens car breaks whatever guess what it’s going on a card. I’m sure some higher earner people it’s them trying to keep up with the jones putting shit on card but also lot of lower end middle class I’m sure are just barely making it and need to put essentials on a card.

then move... that happens everywhere.  

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You asked and all I’m saying is I don’t think most credit card debt is “want” buying. Cost have gotten way outta control and wages haven’t kept up just moving isn’t gonna solve that.

Gen X is in balls deep. 

Here’s the average credit card debt broken down by generation:

• Generation Z: $1,963
  • Millennials: $4,322
  • Generation X: $7,155
  • Baby boomers: $6,043
  • Silent generation: $3,177
Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

You asked and all I’m saying is I don’t think most credit card debt is “want” buying. Cost have gotten way outta control and wages haven’t kept up just moving isn’t gonna solve that.

I think a lot is still want.

I will not even drive down 101a , or daniel webster on a saturday. Traffic is brutal.

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We can wish all we want but a majority of American's simply don't want the Austerity it will take to stop our failure.  We are just as much to blame as the politicians.  Look no further than what is going on at the southern border.   Both sides love when and issue isn't solved. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Gen X is in balls deep. 

Here’s the average credit card debt broken down by generation:

• Generation Z: $1,963
  • Millennials: $4,322
  • Generation X: $7,155
  • Baby boomers: $6,043
  • Silent generation: $3,177

Gen X also has a 20% higher ave household income than the next closest which is the millennials.   Boomers I'd say are most in debt compared to HI. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/825883/us-mean-disposable-household-income-by-generation/

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Gen X also has a 20% higher ave household income than the next closest which is the millennials.   Boomers I'd say are most in debt compared to HI. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/825883/us-mean-disposable-household-income-by-generation/

Most Gen X’ers are in hock up to their eyeballs. I’ve never seen a generation so addicted to stuff. 

• Like 2

Right now the only party concerned with spending is republicans and they have put forth some spending cuts.  Stop with the horseshit regard "both parties".  One is trying and the other is 100% against it.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

We can wish all we want but a majority of American's simply don't want the Austerity it will take to stop our failure.  We are just as much to blame as the politicians.  Look no further than what is going on at the southern border.   Both sides love when and issue isn't solved. 

they have nothing to gain for doing what is right.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Boomers can afford to carry a higher balance imo... They hold the majority of the wealth.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Right now the only party concerned with spending is republicans and they have put forth some spending cuts.  Stop with the horseshit regard "both parties".  One is trying and the other is 100% against it.

who put Iraq and Afghanistan on the credit card?  who gave the last big tax break and increased the defecit at the same time.your selective memory and outrage fits your narrative.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they have nothing to gain for doing what is right.

Boomers can afford to carry a higher balance imo... They hold the majority of the wealth.

who put Iraq and Afghanistan on the credit card?  who gave the last big tax break and increased the defecit at the same time.your selective memory and outrage fits your narrative.

Selective memory my ass, Stop living in the past, you can't do anything about that.  Concentrate on the current bill being put forth. 

18 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Selective memory my ass, Stop living in the past, you can't do anything about that.  Concentrate on the current bill being put forth. 

that's right, you have no desire to pay the existing bill and just want another tax break... 

Screenshot_20230511-145943.thumb.png.fb9ef6eba5e246bc520871ce72a0785a.png

aren't the elected idiots meeting today to discuss how to keep fucking everyone over? 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's right, you have no desire to pay the existing bill and just want another tax break... 

aren't the elected idiots meeting today to discuss how to keep fucking everyone over? 

I don't know, you seem to want them to raise your taxes.  If that isn't the definition of "fucking you over" i don't know what is.

But hey, keep hoping for that instead of the spending cuts we need.  Oh and then complain about how the normal taxpayer is in debt because they are spending too much on their CC's.  Yeah, they need the government to raise their taxes, that will help those people get out of debt.  :crazy:

39 minutes ago, racer254 said:

When's the govt. going to make all those wealthy people pay back those $900 billion PPP loans that most of them didn't need? :snack: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

When's the govt. going to make all those wealthy people pay back those $900 billion PPP loans that most of them didn't need? :snack: 

Well, this bill put forth was trying to get some of the covid money back.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Most Gen X’ers are in hock up to their eyeballs. I’ve never seen a generation so addicted to stuff. 

The whole country is they just so happen to make the most.