Check your account email address ×

we're literally drowning ourselves in debt

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I can say this about spending.   One side is proposing an extra $50 trillion in climate change spending between now and 2050 with ZERO evidence it will do anything for global temps.  So as ridiculous as the GOP has been on spending there is no comparison as to which side to vote for controlling it.  

throwing $ at problems in this country rarely fixes anything as history has shown us. 

how in your opinion do we get rid of that pesky 13% of taxes are 'debt service' issue?  are you currently paying a 13% interest rate for anything you own or have purchased?   

an easy topic republicans should be talking about ffs... there are no more fiscal conservatives. 

13% of what everyone here pays in taxes is for interest.  

Think about that...

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

go soak your head in a vat full of acid

He's like a guy with Tourette's syndrome!

tourettes-syndrome-south-park.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

throwing $ at problems in this country rarely fixes anything as history has shown us. 

how in your opinion do we get rid of that pesky 13% of taxes are 'debt service' issue?  are you currently paying a 13% interest for anything you own or have purchased?   

an easy topic republicans should be talking about ffs... there are no more fiscal conservatives. 

Beyond a rare few like Rand Paul there are no fiscally conservative politicians PERIOD.   Post this all the time its just a matter of who is worse and which side will slow our eventual demise.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Beyond a rare few like Rand Paul there are no fiscally conservative politicians PERIOD.   Post this all the time its just a matter of who is worse and which side will slow our eventual demise.  

not a fan of Rand, but I did support his father and voted for him in the primary.  I think I still have a I support Ron Paul Tshirt somewhere...

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not a fan of Rand, but I did support his father and voted for him in the primary.  I think I still have a I support Ron Paul Tshirt somewhere...

Given the right super majority I thing the GOP would reign in spending at a respectable rate.   Give the democraps the same super majority and I think we would see the size of the fed govt triple between UHC and CC spending.   

34 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

let's start with income...

Low income Less than $52,200

Middle income $52,200 - $156,600

Upper income More than $156,600 

quadrupling the base line for upper income let's say anyone who earns more than $624,00 annually is wealthy.

where do you want to go next... 

You said "but you're stuck in the mindset that tax breaks for the wealthiest"  Never once have i said anything remotely like that.  Stop lying.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Given the right super majority I thing the GOP would reign in spending at a respectable rate.   Give the democraps the same super majority and I think we would see the size of the fed govt triple between UHC and CC spending.   

Bingo

Just now, racer254 said:

You said "but you're stuck in the mindset that tax breaks for the wealthiest"  Never once have i said anything remotely like that.  Stop lying.

precisely who deserved those unfunded Trump tax breaks you're a huge fan of?   

having a conversation with you at times is like negotiating with a toddler 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

precisely who deserved those unfunded Trump tax breaks you're a huge fan of?   

having a conversation with you at times is like negotiating with a toddler 

What tax breaks were you talking about.  List the tax breaks that these "wealthy" people got. 

Next, show me any year where tax cuts that you are complaining about effected the US Government Revenue in a negative way.  Since the 60's US Government revenue has averaged over 6% increases no matter what.  Spending has the greatest effect, not tax cuts.

42 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he's as mad as a hatter... you've never heard the phrase?  

https://www.history.com/news/where-did-the-phrase-mad-as-a-hatter-come-from

Crusher fits the definition...

Oh yes.

:bc:

33 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That's because they are.  The wealthy should pay the most tax. Not the middle class.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

And according to the tax brackets, they do.

image.thumb.png.6d9f2d4b15adf5311942ae9b81ab14be.png

Yes, but they just write it all off. Like Trump said, he just follows the rules.

Edited by Steve753
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I sure hope you're compensated. 

my compensation is in Freedom Sledder stock which is held long term that I can borrow against minimizing my exposure until @ckf sells the site and I ultimately pay the most minimal capital gains taxes possible. 

not the 37% bullshit Racer claims the wealthiest Americans pay. 

in the meantime, we're all paying 13% for debt service. 

crickets chirping...  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

my compensation is in Freedom Sledder stock which is held long term that I can borrow against minimizing my exposure until @ckf sells the site and I ultimately pay the most minimal capital gains taxes possible. 

not the 37% bullshit Racer claims the wealthiest Americans pay. 

in the meantime, we're all paying 13% for debt service. 

crickets chirping...  

What tax bracket are you in vs the rate you effectively pay.  Are you sure you are paying what you should?  Seems that you worry about other brackets without making sure you are first paying your way. 

Why do you complain when trying to take advantage of the tax incentives just like the "wealthy"

16 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What tax bracket are you in vs the rate you effectively pay.  Are you sure you are paying what you should?  Seems that you worry about other brackets without making sure you are first paying your way. 

Why do you complain when trying to take advantage of the tax incentives just like the "wealthy"

enough about me, let's talk about you... 

curious.gif

there's multiple questions you've dodged in this thread.