Check your account email address ×

we're literally drowning ourselves in debt

• Platinum Contributing Member
56 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they have nothing to gain for doing what is right.

Boomers can afford to carry a higher balance imo... They hold the majority of the wealth.

who put Iraq and Afghanistan on the credit card?  who gave the last big tax break and increased the defecit at the same time.your selective memory and outrage fits your narrative.

Just wait until we go to UHC.....well if we don't collapse before then. 

21 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I don't know, you seem to want them to raise your taxes.  If that isn't the definition of "fucking you over" i don't know what is.

But hey, keep hoping for that instead of the spending cuts we need.  Oh and then complain about how the normal taxpayer is in debt because they are spending too much on their CC's.  Yeah, they need the government to raise their taxes, that will help those people get out of debt.  :crazy:

stop forgetting my positions... 

hold income taxes precisely where they are

cut the spending logically 

eliminate wasteful non productive spending 

begin paying down our exorbitant existing massive debt  

save social security and Medicare before it's too late 

come up with a better virus to wipe out the boomers and rake in as much in inheritance and capital gains taxes as possible. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

stop forgetting my positions... 

hold income taxes precisely where they are

cut the spending logically 

eliminate wasteful non productive spending 

begin paying down our exorbitant existing massive debt  

save social security and Medicare before it's too late 

come up with a better virus to wipe out the boomers and rake in as much in inheritance and capital gains taxes as possible.

If you want to assign positions I will do the same.

I am going to continue to remind you that the current bill put forth cuts some spending logically and has absolutely ZERO dem support.

Also, take a look at chicago, and many other cities being run into the ground by democrats that just can't get their spending under control.  I think we see the problem, SPENDING and DEMOCRATS.

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

If you want to assign positions I will do the same.

I am going to continue to remind you that the current bill put forth cuts some spending logically and has absolutely ZERO dem support.

Also, take a look at chicago, and many other cities being run into the ground by democrats that just can't get their spending under control.  I think we see the problem, SPENDING and DEMOCRATS.

why can't you just come out and say your ultimate goal is lower income taxes? 

I'd like lower taxes as well, but we've got bills to pay Sport and I'm looking at a far bigger picture than my personal tax obligations.  

don't remember if it was @Highmark or @Rigid1 that recently posted the amount we're just paying for debt service right now... but it was staggering.  

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd like lower taxes as well, but we've got bills to pay Sport and I'm looking at a far bigger picture than my personal tax obligations.  

don't remember if it was @Highmark or @Rigid1 that recently posted the amount we're just paying for debt service right now... but it was staggering.  

Because govt taking around 50% of my income is fucking too much and I absolutely would like to massively cut all govt spending not just federal and put a cap that nobody should pay more than 30% of their income in taxes.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Maybe you should take a good look at where your government spending is going to.  Hint, it ain't the taxpayers.

But the globalists' have done a good job at fleecing.  Just follow the money, they love fools.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Maybe you should take a good look at where your government spending is going to.  Hint, it ain't the taxpayers.

But the globalists' have done a good job at fleecing.  Just follow the money, they love fools.

stick to Trump threads Eddy

50% ?????? 

wtf are you doing wrong?

Quite thinking just federal dude.   Start adding it all up.  Fed, FICA, state, local, sales, fee's like vehicle registration.   I do the analysis myself every year.   Its mind boggling when you add it all up.  

List-of-taxes-the-average-american-pays-614x800.jpg

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Quite thinking just federal dude.   Start adding it all up.  Fed, FICA, state, local, sales, fee's like vehicle registration.   I do the analysis myself every year.   Its mind boggling when you add it all up.  

List-of-taxes-the-average-american-pays-614x800.jpg

we probably agree more on the topic than we disagree fwiw 

the big meatball at the moment is how our federal government can't stop running up the credit card, nor pay for the current balance... and the vast majority of oblivious (also up to their asses in debt) don't know and don't care. 

me, me, me ... gimme, gimme, gimme 

As of April 2023 it costs $460 billion to maintain the debt, which is 13% of the total federal spending. The national debt has increased every year over the past ten years. 

Notable recent events triggering large spikes in the debt include the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars, the 2008 Great Recession, and the COVID-19 pandemic. From FY 2019 to FY 2021, spending increased by about 50%, largely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Tax cuts, stimulus programs, increased government spending, and decreased tax revenue caused by widespread unemployment generally account for sharp rises in the national debt.

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/national-debt/#:~:text=As of April 2023 it,over the past ten years.

that sounds like a debt tax ... that some don't care about.  

dumb as fuck

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

we probably agree more on the topic than we disagree fwiw 

the big meatball at the moment is how our federal government can't stop running up the credit card, nor pay for the current balance... and the vast majority of oblivious (also up to their asses in debt) don't know and don't care. 

me, me, me ... gimme, gimme, gimme 

Many states and local govts are in serious financial trouble.   The fed can print money....they can't.

All this talk of debt and hardly any talk of unfunded future liabilities.   Really want to see some big numbers do a bit of research on that. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Many states and local govts are in serious financial trouble.   The fed can print money....they can't.

All this talk of debt and hardly any talk of unfunded future liabilities.   Really want to see some big numbers do a bit of research on that. 

how is it we're able to have a conversation/argument about it... but it's literally crickets from our elected officials? 

they 

truly 

don't 

care 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

how is it we're able to have a conversation/argument about it... but it's literally crickets from our elected officials? 

they 

truly 

don't 

care 

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the canidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
 Alexander Fraser Tytler Woodhouselee

• Like 1

they 

truly 

don't 

care 

On the topic of what @Highmark said with states in serious debt - look what MN did with their $18B surplus.... THEY SPENT ALL OF IT, including bringing on new programs that will INCREASE SPENDING perpetually by $4B annually.  

Its fucking sickening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the canidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
 Alexander Fraser Tytler Woodhouselee

we're not a democracy, we're a republic. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

we're not a democracy, we're a republic. 

It just takes a little longer when its a republic.

• Thanks 1

Total fed tax revenue in 2022.  $4.9 trillion.

Almost $15K per person and we can't balance a budget.

Its time to acknowledge the system is broken and cannot be fixed without a constitutional amendment on spending.   

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Total fed tax revenue in 2022.  $4.9 trillion.

Almost $15K per person and we can't balance a budget.

Its time to acknowledge the system is broken and cannot be fixed without a constitutional amendment on spending.   

They need to default.

• Like 1