Check your account email address ×

Household debt soars at fastest pace in 15 years as credit card use surges, Fed report says

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Saw an ad not to long ago for a new Grand Wagoneer, MSRP of $92,000  O.o

Daughter has one .  Sweet ass ride.  
I personally would never spend anything close to that on a vehicle. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Had a young girl in the office yesterday, makes only 40k a year, has 17k in credit card debt, half at 19%, and the rest at 25.9%.  These fucking banks are criminal.  No way she should have gotten that much credit, and no way she should have to pay that much interest.  She'll never get out of debt with #s like that.

She can....she has to want it. She will have to hustle a second job and cut all spending to survival levels. She can be free in less than a year. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I don’t see why people need more than one credit card.

For all the sweet rewards!

On a serious note, 2 cards from 2 different banks is what many recommend.  When the economy gets tight the banks will decrease credit limits and even close accounts.

I have one from Citi and one from Chase.

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

For all the sweet rewards!

On a serious note, 2 cards from 2 different banks is what many recommend.  When the economy gets tight the banks will decrease credit limits and even close accounts.

I have one from Citi and one from Chase.

I have one from chase. The rewards on most of them really aren’t worth it for me to keep track of multiple accounts. 

21 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have one from chase. The rewards on most of them really aren’t worth it for me to keep track of multiple accounts. 

We use a Sam's card. Went in last week and used a $92 credit we built up. Pretty quick actually, gas is 5%... :lol:

2 hours ago, Snake said:

We use a Sam's card. Went in last week and used a $92 credit we built up. Pretty quick actually, gas is 5%... :lol:

I was just looking g at mine. I get 3% on gas. It’s not worth the extra 2% for me to have another account to watch 

On 11/16/2022 at 9:14 AM, DriftBusta said:

And to put the end of the sentence into it, she's 39 years old and single.

Is she good looking ? Maybe she could get a tax free, cash only, side job, bottom job, top job, or if she is a real lady, only blow jobs.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/16/2022 at 6:01 PM, Not greg b said:

I don’t see why people need more than one credit card.

I have 4 cards, which is average. Sometimes having more than 1 card actually helps your credit. Brings your credit utilization ratio down.

Main thing is paying on time, not  necessarily keeping a zero balance. I have never been late on any payments in my life, and my credit score reflects that. Always qualify for best apr rates and loans when/if needed.

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I have 4 cards, which is average. Sometimes having more than 1 card actually helps your credit. Brings your credit utilization ratio down.

Main thing is paying on time, not  necessarily keeping a zero balance. I have never been late on any payments in my life, and my credit score reflects that. Always qualify for best apr rates and loans when/if needed.

5 here. Don't really use 3 of them. 

4 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Why would you need a credit score then? 

Why would you pay cash for something when it cost next to nothing to finance. A few of the snowmobiles I've bought over the years were don't pay for 6 months. Sure you pay for the machine in full when the 6 months is up, but you still have to fill out a credit app.

• Thanks 1

HD offered me 50 bucks if I signed up for their cc. I took em up on it and closed the account after I used the 50 bucks. Lowe’s did the same a few years back but offered a one day discount of 20%. So I went and bought a new Pella slider when I was doing the basement over.

35 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Why would you pay cash for something when it cost next to nothing to finance. A few of the snowmobiles I've bought over the years were don't pay for 6 months. Sure you pay for the machine in full when the 6 months is up, but you still have to fill out a credit app.

I guess I we see it differently....I don't use credit at all and I certainly wouldn't finance a toy.