Check your account email address ×

Household debt soars at fastest pace in 15 years as credit card use surges, Fed report says

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Absolutely false. You just need to learn how to negotiate and buy at the right time.

Of course they want you to finance thru them they make more money. 

If you have to walk into the finance office to get a better deal....

The deal should always be settled on the price before you go to finance. The price of the new car gets settled first. If you have a trade, then you negotiate for the price on the trade. Doing any 2 or all 3 at the same time is washing your deal away.

• Like 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

Absolutely false. You just need to learn how to negotiate and buy at the right time.

Of course they want you to finance thru them they make more money. 

Wrong. Dealers are given kickbacks from finance companies for every deal that they close on. That kickback is a considered margin when dealers are negotiating with you. Finance the vehicle and then pay it off. You’ll always get a better deal. 

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Ok Globalist Boomer . 

Yeah thats what we need in America more Monopoly's and Big corporations. 
Who cares about independent local business :suicide: 

Perhaps you need to do a little research into the domestic companies that wouldn’t exist had it not been for Amazon carrying their product. Brick and mortar will never completely die, but it ain’t coming back. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Wrong. Dealers are given kickbacks from finance companies for every deal that they close on. That kickback is a considered margin when dealers are negotiating with you. Finance the vehicle and then pay it off. You’ll always get a better deal. 

I am a dealer lmao.

You suck at negotiating deals.  

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who pays for that?

Fuck you're dumb.

Before I purchased my last vehicle from a dealer I looked into who they were financing through and how much their kickback was. With that information and invoice pricing, coupled with all incentives the dealer was getting through the manufacture, I negotiated a deal. The deal went smooth and quick. 

• Gold Member

The object is to get the best price and have the dealer make the least amount off you.  

If he gives you a good number because he is getting kickback thats great .

But Ill get them to give me that same number or less for a cash deal and have them get no bank kickback.... If not I walk and go elsewhere. Thats negotiating.  

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you have to walk into the finance office to get a better deal....

The deal should always be settled on the price before you go to finance. The price of the new car gets settled first. If you have a trade, then you negotiate for the price on the trade. Doing any 2 or all 3 at the same time is washing your deal away.

The price doesn’t matter in 99% of deals now. In fact the sales people and the whole system can go away. It has turned into “how are you going to pay for it” 

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The price doesn’t matter in 99% of deals now. In fact the sales people and the whole system can go away. It has turned into “how are you going to pay for it” 

"Hi, I am a payment shopper, how can I help you?"

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't live and die by money.

Laid out 80 yards of bank roll gravel Thursday. Paid more from a local pit as opposed to another cheaper pit.... my time was worth more than the $200 I would have saved.

When you got more than enough, you don't sweat the small things.

I dont live and die by money either, but if someone is going to offer me something for free by using a CC im going to take advantage of it.

It's takes me 30 seconds tops to pay my CC bill every month. I mostly use it for fuel, online purchases and going to restaurants. My AMEX is only used for big purchases.

46 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What dealer accepts CCs for vehicle purchases.  It's cash or certified check there Stephanie.

Wrong again.

1) seems that some care about gas prices yet could care less about getting a few hundred back each month just by using a CC? Contradicting. 2) why pay cash when the debt is cheaper than historical investments/returns on said cash?There’s no right or wrong, just something to consider.

31 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Pretty sure the last sled I bought was through their finance. Had like a year to pay it off, interest free.  Didn't have to plunk any of my cash down for a full year...made sense to me.  Put that cash to use elsewhere.

Where the finance companies make their money are the customers that don't pay it off  after the promotional period ends.... And I am sure there are plenty of those  To make it worth their while.

• Like 1

Just now, akvanden said:

1) seems that some care about gas prices yet could care less about getting a few hundred back each month just by using a CC? Contradicting. 2) why pay cash when the debt is cheaper than historical investments/returns on said cash?There’s no right or wrong, just something to consider.

It's astounding how uneducated some are. Bitch about the price of fuel and then on the otherhand say $200 doesn't matter.

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yep, time for manufacturers to sell direct to the consumer, get rid of dealers and salesmen. Really, what purpose does a car salesman serve any more? You can research any vehicle on your own, get rid of the dead weight so the consumer can pay less.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

8 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Pretty sure the last sled I bought was through their finance. Had like a year to pay it off, interest free.  Didn't have to plunk any of my cash down for a full year...made sense to me.  Put that cash to use elsewhere.

Where the finance companies make their money are the customers that don't pay it off  after the promotional period ends.... And I am sure there are plenty of those  To make it worth their while.

Go ahead and have at your nickles and dimes. Every purchase you make on a CC is one more nail in the coffin that is banks and corporations filling up their dossier on you.

Personally, I am doing everything in my power to lower my exposure to these thieves.

"Put the cash to good use elsewhere....." You mean the cash collecting dust in my safe? Taking $15k out had no effect on the rest of the cash sitting there.

Again... I get it. Worry about the pennies and the nickles will take care of themselves. Just ain't worth my time and energy.

• Like 2