Check your account email address ×

Household debt soars at fastest pace in 15 years as credit card use surges, Fed report says

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I guess I we see it differently....I don't use credit at all and I certainly wouldn't finance a toy. 

To many incentives not to use credit. I pay for everything with a credit card if possible. 

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

You only need a credit score if you buy things you can't afford...

Yeah....not really. Try getting a mortgage without any credit.... 800+ score has helped me many times secure the best rates from mortgages to car insurance.

I often take advantage of 0% credit card offers(and I get a lot of those)....and as long as you pay in full at the end of promo with no penalties, it sometimes makes more sense than paying cash upfront. Like Steve, I bought a couple sleds that way.....with a prolonged 0 or very low apr.  https://www.sofi.com/learn/content/reasons-why-good-credit-is-important/

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah....not really. Try getting a mortgage without any credit.... 800+ score has helped me many times secure the best rates from mortgages to car insurance.

I often take advantage of 0% credit card offers(and I get a lot of those)....and as long as you pay in full at the end of promo with no penalties, it sometimes makes more sense than paying cash upfront. Like Steve, I bought a couple sleds that way.....with a prolonged 0 or very low apr.  https://www.sofi.com/learn/content/reasons-why-good-credit-is-important/

They can underwrite a mortgage with a no credit score....

The quickest way to wealth is stop handing your paycheck to other people. 

25 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

They can underwrite a mortgage with a no credit score....

The quickest way to wealth is stop handing your paycheck to other people. 

So you don't buy anything?

52 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I have a friend like SkiNH. Never goes away on trips, no overnight sledding. Won't eat in restaurants.  Drives miles out of the way to get cheaper gas. Has the same vehicles since I've know him. Super frugal.

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I am a typical consumer except I don't use credit....

Well the credit card I use actually gives me free money to use their card. Last time I turned in my points I got $500. It took me a month or so to get those points. 

11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I have a friend like SkiNH. Never goes away on trips, no overnight sledding. Won't eat in restaurants.  Drives miles out of the way to get cheaper gas. Has the same vehicles since I've know him. Super frugal.

Haha wrong guy...I get a new sled every 2 years drive a 2019 ram have 415 feet of lake frontage.

I don't go-to restaurants much...mostly because we cook better meals here. 

Edited by SkisNH
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

Haha wronge guy...I get a new sled every 2 years drive a 2019 ram have 415 feet of lake frontage.

I was close. He gets a new sled every year. He lives on the lake as well.

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Guys like that usually die and their heirs get all their $, then live like kings and queens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I was close. He gets a new sled every year. He lives on the lake as well.

:lol:

I'm up north every other week riding .... come join us if you can get off work. We leave Wed afternoon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I'm up north every other week riding .... come join us if you can get off work. We leave Wed afternoon. 

BTW, wasn't referring to you, just that kind of profile 753 was talking about  :bc: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

BTW, wasn't referring to you, just that kind of profile 753 was talking about  :bc: 

No worries.....however, leaving g a legacy to my heirs is important too me. Maybe I'm the guy that changes the family tree for generations by giving a them a boost....

Some call it white privilege 🤣

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

No worries.....however, leaving g a legacy to my heirs is important too me. Maybe I'm the guy that changes the family tree for generations by giving a them a boost....

Some call it white privilege 🤣

x2.  Its just that I've seen so many people who work, save and live frugally, not able to let go when they retire.  They die and leave a boat load of money to heirs that often don't appreciate it, then they squander through it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Haha wrong guy...I get a new sled every 2 years drive a 2019 ram have 415 feet of lake frontage.

Eating out is a pain in the ass. Only time I do it is on sled trips.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's 753?  Reality is likely far from his perception.

Ya your reality is much better. For example, you think you can get AIDS from a vaccine.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Ya your reality is much better. For example, you think you can get AIDS from a vaccine.

Is it AIDS or is it immune suppressed....there is a lot of chatter about this respiratory virus in children due to immune suppression from a vaccine they didn't need. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Is it AIDS or is it immune suppressed....there is a lot of chatter about this respiratory virus in children due to immune suppression from a vaccine they didn't need. 

Realistically, does a child need any vaccine?

31 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Realistically, does a child need any vaccine?

I am sure there are many beneficial vaccines...however the covid vax isn't one of them as covid doesn't kill kids nor does it protect the parent dumb enough to give it to them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I am sure there are many beneficial vaccines...however the covid vax isn't one of them as covid doesn't kill kids nor does it protect the parent dumb enough to give it to them. 

That's debatable. 

13 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I am a typical consumer except I don't use credit....

12 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I have no credit cards.

Do you guys ever order anything online?..... How do you pay for things do you use PayPal?.....I use cash for many things including most dinners when I eat out but would find it very difficult to get by without a credit card.  Just very convenient when used responsibly

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

13 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Does he own a Tesla and plug it into his neighbor outlet?

• Haha 1