Check your account email address ×

Household debt soars at fastest pace in 15 years as credit card use surges, Fed report says

Just now, Steve753 said:

I've gotten huge discounts on vehicles, trips you name it. 

I never carry a balance. That defeats the purpose.

I also understand that's hard for some and that's primarily why they don't have credit cards.

I guess if you need the money.... :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, EvilBird said:

Certified bank check is what they requested. So yes . I also live in CT where the bank is down the street. 

But I thought we were talking about XCR driving around buying stuff on the side of the road? Nice deflection. 

Wasn't deflecting at all. You were puffing your chest out about paying cash for everything. Me buying a Harley on my American Express and paying the balance is no different than what you did.

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

Wasn't deflecting at all. You were puffing your chest out about paying cash for everything. Me buying a Harley on my American Express and paying the balance is no different than what you did.

Whats different is seeing the sales Guy's face when you tell Him you dont need financing and will be doing a cash deal.

Oh and $7k off asking price.  Doubt they would give you that deal on American Express . 

Just now, Steve753 said:

You don't like free money?

I don't live and die by money.

Laid out 80 yards of bank roll gravel Thursday. Paid more from a local pit as opposed to another cheaper pit.... my time was worth more than the $200 I would have saved.

When you got more than enough, you don't sweat the small things.

• Like 2

Just now, EvilBird said:

Whats different is seeing the sales Guy's face when you tell Him you dont need financing and will be doing a cash deal.

Oh and $7k off asking price.  Doubt they would give you that deal on American Express . 

I bought a $43,000 pickup 3 years ago, you should have seen the Dealership, they had 3 of them counting the cash, I laughed my butt off.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I don't live and die by money.

Laid out 80 yards of bank roll gravel Thursday. Paid more from a local pit as opposed to another cheaper pit.... my time was worth more than the $200 I would have saved.

When you got more than enough, you don't sweat the small things.

Exactly

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

If I had a dollar for every time I see signs at dealerships that say "No CC for vehicle purchases." Why? Because they just ate 3-5% of their profits on a transaction fee.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

If I had a dollar for every time I see signs at dealerships that say "No CC for vehicle purchases." Why? Because they just ate 3-5% of their profits on a transaction fee.

Yep my dealership will not let people buy with CC over $2500. Down payment sure but your not buying $35k vehicle with plastic

Edited by EvilBird

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I bought a $43,000 pickup 3 years ago, you should have seen the Dealership, they had 3 of them counting the cash, I laughed my butt off.

I put $15k cash down on my X5M. The look on their faces when you dump it is great. Need 2 or 3 to count it under the supervision of a security camera.

• Like 2

I put $15k cash down on my X5M. The look on their faces when you dump it is great. Need 2 or 3 to count it under the supervision of a security camera.

They were putting the bills in piles of $1000, funny.

9 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've gotten huge discounts on vehicles, trips you name it. 

I never carry a balance. That defeats the purpose.

I also understand that's hard for some and that's primarily why they don't have credit cards.

What dealer accepts CCs for vehicle purchases.  It's cash or certified check there Stephanie.

• Haha 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

What dealer accepts CCs for vehicle purchases.  It's cash or certified check there Stephanie.

He said it was a Harley. ( :lol: ) They will take any sap off the street, CC or not. :lol:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

But Im not bright enough or responsible enough for CC purchases :lol:

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Cash is the absolute worst method for purchasing a vehicle from a dealer. Financing it through the dealer gives them more room to finagle. 

Absolutely false. You just need to learn how to negotiate and buy at the right time.

Of course they want you to finance thru them they make more money. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Cash is the absolute worst method for purchasing a vehicle from a dealer. Financing it through the dealer gives them more room to finagle. 

Our GM dealer here will not go down 1 cent over asking no matter how you pay, good friend of my grand daughter (woman) who works there told me that when I bought the truck. May be different now 3 years later, I can ask her.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Fuck you too. 

Ok Globalist Boomer . 

Yeah thats what we need in America more Monopoly's and Big corporations. 
Who cares about independent local business :suicide: