Check your account email address ×

Immigration officials say Pelosi attacker was in US illegally

He’s a illegal Canadian…..

Immigration officials say Pelosi attacker was in US illegally
Source: CNN Politics

Washington (CNN) -- David DePape, the man accused of violently attacking Paul Pelosi last week, was in the United States illegally and may face deportation, the Department of Homeland Security said late Wednesday. "U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) lodged an immigration detainer on Canadian national David DePape with San Francisco County Jail, Nov. 1, following his Oct. 28 arrest," the department said. 

ICE issues so-called immigration "detainers" to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies to inform them that the agency intends to take custody of an individual and requests that ICE be notified before that individual is released. The detainer is unlikely to affect DePape's case since deportations often happen after criminal cases are resolved. But after conviction and prison sentence, the US normally would seek deportation. 

According to federal records, DePape, a Canadian citizen, entered the country in early March at the San Ysidro port of entry, which is along the California-Mexico border, as a temporary visitor. Generally, Canadians who are visiting for business or pleasure don't require a visa and are allowed to stay in the US for six months. 

DePape, 42, has been charged with a litany of crimes, including assault, attempted murder and attempted kidnapping, following last week's break-in at Pelosi's San Francisco home, the US attorney's office and San Francisco district attorney announced on Monday.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/03/politics/david-depape-paul-pelosi-attack/index.html

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Was there even an attacker in the Pelosi undie incident?

Yes!   A hippie, gay, nudist, blm, Canadian, Berkley,  attacker who was radicalized by a by a corporate, homophobe, racist, Nationalist, Republican.   I worry about these guys.  If Trump can get to him, who can’t he get under his spell? 

• Haha 3

If given only one reason to vote for the Republicans it's just to shut down the border and stop the fentanyl coming into this country. 

This young man was from my town and I knew him since he was a baby. He is one of five in my area that died from fentanyl. 

RIP Connor and Jacob 

Edited by Badger**

59 minutes ago, Badger** said:

If given only one reason to vote for the Republicans it's just to shut down the border and stop the fentanyl coming into this country. 

This young man was from my town and I knew him since he was a baby. He is one of five in my area that died from fentanyl. 

RIP Connor and Jacob 

Can you stay on topic without turning it into a pity party for Badger?? What does this have to do with Pelosi's attacker?

On 11/3/2022 at 4:55 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe we need to...

on the northern border?

Prob a bit more time on thete hands to deal with illegals currently overstating if not have to prosses the 1000s a day they are catching just walking over a completly on fortified border.  Naw best to just keep it wide open and hire more and more people to prosses the catches and more people to patroll and transport . 

30 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Tell us more about your HS friend, and yes wrong thread. 

I'll gladly answer any questions you have about him in the thread I mentioned him in :thumb: I'd prefer to leave this thread on topic:bc: