Check your account email address ×

They Emerge From Universities Braindead

There’s a place for both peer reviewed literature and life experience. I agree that many new professionals come out of a vacuum. However, science and innovation has literally exploded within the last 10 years. It’s advancing exponentially. The advances from the fringe still require a team working to refine it. 

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s a place for both peer reviewed literature and life experience. I agree that many new professionals come out of a vacuum. However, science and innovation has literally exploded within the last 10 years. It’s advancing exponentially. The advances from the fringe still require a team working to refine it. 

Brain dead partisanship has hampered science more than religion did 500 years ago. It’s insane the amount of group think that occurs and there will be no challenge to the cause celeb narrative. See covid pandemic and global warming for reference. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Brain dead partisanship has hampered science more than religion did 500 years ago. It’s insane the amount of group think that occurs and there will be no challenge to the cause celeb narrative. See covid pandemic and global warming for reference. 

It’s a phase human kind is going through. Especially those living in a free society. It’s temporary. 

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It’s a phase human kind is going through. Especially those living in a free society. It’s temporary. 

I hope so because it’s disheartening. 

My son got a environment science degree from the University of Iowa. Tons of jobs in this field because a lot of these kids come out of these universities with the California enviro nazi mentality. He has done land management Jobs in Colorado,Iowa and now IL. He also did storm chasing after a few hurricanes in Texas and New Orleans. He starts his new job next week. He had to go and get his control burn certificate from the state of IL before he could start. He is working for a company that does prairie restoration.  Illinois allows control burn and so did Iowa. Colorado doesn’t allow it because they no longer follow the science. He explained to me that some of these states have people in charge that no longer follow the science and the university’s in these states push the false narrative. In Colorado he did a lot of flammable non native tree and Bush removal on federal land to prevent forest fires. This type of approach is banned on state land.  He said to many idiots are moving to Colorado from California. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Universities have become woke indoctrination centers.  

My son had some great non woke teachers at the university of Iowa. My youngest son went to the university of Indiana and got a marketing degree. He couldn’t believe how many of his teachers never worked in the private sector. Been teaching their entire career but they were experts in business. Luckily he had a few that worked for corporate during their summer breaks and actually knew what the fuck they were talking about. I think the key to it is raising your kids to have street smarts and comen sense. Choosing the right college and degree also helps.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My son had some great non woke teachers at the university of Iowa. My youngest son went to the university of Indiana and got a marketing degree. He couldn’t believe how many of his teachers never worked in the private sector. Been teaching their entire career but they were experts in business. Luckily he had a few that worked for corporate during their summer breaks and actually knew what the fuck they were talking about. I think the key to it is raising your kids to have street smarts and comen sense. Choosing the right college and degree also helps.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

this place is a great example otb.  if you don't think just like 'them', then the personal attacks and name calling ensues.  

his candlemaker comment was spot on... 

our daughter heads off to college in two years, she's sharp and generally thinks outside the box and challenges her h/s teachers perspectives at times in a polite manner.   she plans to be an eye surgeon because she sees the majority (including herself) looking at a screen most of the day and she wants nice things in life.  my wife and I look forward to living at her beach house.  :)

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I hope so because it’s disheartening. 

The argument that science has somehow been kneecapped just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. Scientific advances have been coming faster than at anytime in history. I’d argue that things are happening so fast that it’s outstripping the human ability to harness it wisely. There’s always been a backdrop of some type of weirdness with humans. Pick anytime in human history and I’ll show you weirdness. 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Scientism is the new religion 

46 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My son got a environment science degree from the University of Iowa. Tons of jobs in this field because a lot of these kids come out of these universities with the California enviro nazi mentality. He has done land management Jobs in Colorado,Iowa and now IL. He also did storm chasing after a few hurricanes in Texas and New Orleans. He starts his new job next week. He had to go and get his control burn certificate from the state of IL before he could start. He is working for a company that does prairie restoration.  Illinois allows control burn and so did Iowa. Colorado doesn’t allow it because they no longer follow the science. He explained to me that some of these states have people in charge that no longer follow the science and the university’s in these states push the false narrative. In Colorado he did a lot of flammable non native tree and Bush removal on federal land to prevent forest fires. This type of approach is banned on state land.  He said to many idiots are moving to Colorado from California. 

And states like this wonder why they have so many wildfires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this place is a great example otb.  if you don't think just like 'them', then the personal attacks and name calling ensues.  

his candlemaker comment was spot on... 

our daughter heads off to college in two years, she's sharp and generally thinks outside the box and challenges her h/s teachers perspectives at times in a polite manner.   she plans to be an eye surgeon because she sees the majority (including herself) looking at a screen most of the day and she wants nice things in life.  my wife and I look forward to living at her beach house.  :)

Says the guy who posts CNN and MSNBC articles and thinks he is informed but can't figure out why people disagree with him. :lol:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yeah but...... name calling, repeating "MSM" ad nauseam, 'Nazi', 'have you got your booster,' etc, is so much easier than actually putting a thoughful sentance together.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, irv said:

Says the guy who posts CNN and MSNBC articles and thinks he is informed but can't figure out why people disagree with him. :lol:

I don't need anyone here to agree with me, unlike you may.  I find your 'alternative news' utterly hilarious the vast majority of the time.