Check your account email address ×

Why Applebee"s SUCKS!!

So nothing really going tonight so we decided to go to Applebee's and mow thru some all you can shove down your hole chicken nuggets (they call them boneless wings). We walk in with 1 couple in front of us and the lady says...1 hour wait. Of course we turn around and walk out. On way back to car I though wait a minute 1 couple 1 hour, I'm calling BS. Walked back in put my name in....I look at bar, 28 seat bar, 2 people,  told my girl were going there. The lady who takes your name says "your not allowed to go to the bar" WTF!!! I went to the bar told the bartender throw me out. This is complete BS. Bartender said no its cool, got us a drink and a menu. We ended up eating and drinking and watching OSU whoop up on Toledo. I don't get it, why can I not go to the bar to spend money. I could understand if it was packed...uhhh no. 26 of 28 seats open...I understand restaurant's are short handed, but come on! Walker Hayes got in on his Applebee's song at the correct time...Nothing fancy about that visit.....Oh well lesson learned......... 

Edited by SHADOSPRIT

• Gold Member

Applebees has got awful here not that it was ever great though 😂. We use to go with the kids few times a month but we stopped going it has gotten just bad not even worth the effort plenty better options around. There are a lot of places like that around here too half empty and long wait but no staff. We just learned to go on off hours now like we’ll get lunch after 2 now instead of 11:30-12:30 or skip lunch and do a early dinner at 4 so we don’t have to wait forever.

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Dogfood....albeit barely.  Sad that either of those businesses even exist.

I found ruby Tuesday to be ever so slightly better than either of the above mentioned places. 

12 hours ago, ACE said:

Boston pizza is worse 

WTF is Boston Pizza? Never heard of them before :dunno:

Nevermind, I just looked them up. Why would a Canadian company call themselves Boston Pizza? I could understand if Boston was known for their pizza.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Probably haven't eaten inside Applebee's for at least 15 years.....but there is one directly across the street from where I work.

Maybe once every couple months will get curbside to go and pick up on my way home....very convenient.

Pretty hard to screw up 3 Cheese Chicken Penne or Fiesta Lime Chicken but admit it is very inconsistent, sometimes better than other times and they seem to have a very high turnover rate of employees. Never see the same person.

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Probably haven't eaten inside Applebee's for at least 15 years.....but there is one directly across the street from where I work.

Maybe once every couple months will get curbside to go and pick up on my way home....very convenient.

Pretty hard to screw up 3 Cheese Chicken Penne or Fiesta Lime Chicken but admit it is very inconsistent, sometimes better than other times and they seem to have a very high turnover rate of employees. Never see the same person.

It’s a TV dinner that someone microwaves for you :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Which still puts it in the category of shouldn't exist.

About 9 years ago my daughter and I were on our way back from Ann Arbor and we decide to pull into Applebees for a quick lunch…I ordered a BLT and wasn’t paying very good attention because it was something called a BBQ BLT and it was slathered in BBQ Sauce..I choked down half of it.🤢

Also I can’t even imagine how much sodium is in the shit they serve…goddamn.