Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You've been squawking for like 10 months on how they've never blown a drive belt on one.

Show me proof they have. If you have none. Shut the FUCK UP! Have a great weekend.

9 hours ago, krom said:

FWIW

There is a chance jimwit is a technical writer at AC after all.  I took a quick look through the catalyst service manual....

image.thumb.png.24f5aecdd15737e18c0314b178d58d55.png

check out the helix spec....

Also, they haven't published a quick reference guide update in about 5 years or so.

Also the shock section says to see the specifications section for IFP depth, etc.  There is no specifications section...

what a well oiled machine... were the manuals done in Georgia?  

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

So I met one of the independent guys that worked with Ben on the belt drive. he said they blew an ass ton of belts especially on a race sled. There is also a gen 1 belt drive and I think there are signs of it in the final production unit. people say are for a mechanical reverse. I don’t think it is for any kind of reverse. 

:lmao:... 

which chain case can you retrofit into it?  

Well now this is about how much dust I have on my sidewinder in 1500 miles.  This was 20 miles.  Got the rings set!  But adjustment time.  I’m thinking it’s time to load the shit out of the tips on these clutch weights.  I’ll know more in a bit. Time to work. 

IMG_2208.jpeg

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Well now this is about how much dust I have on my sidewinder in 1500 miles.  This was 20 miles.  Got the rings set!  But adjustment time.  I’m thinking it’s time to load the shit out of the tips on these clutch weights.  I’ll know more in a bit. Time to work. 

IMG_2208.jpeg

brake dust or belt dust? 

12 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Show me proof they have. If you have none. Shut the FUCK UP! Have a great weekend.

It's a belt drive system similiar to poos.  Contrary to your belief and the marketing hype around it, it's nothing special.  Parts will and do fail.  Cat isn't using some secret belt material or sprocket tooth geometry here and surely their suppliers are only capable of the same machine tolerances for the bearing bores in which controls the center to center distances and alignment of said sprockets.    Don't be an ignorant fool here and continue to believe that these are indestructible and somehow whisper quiet.   Any gates poly chain used in any application or industry is capable of failing.

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

IMG_2208.jpeg

Yeah, that is about what the ice sled looked like after 50 miles, and I was pretty easy on it too.

Yank that cathead decal off.  It looks more out of place then my blue skis.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

IMG_2208.jpeg

Let me know how that works. I have a couple secondary parts coming that should shift the “wall” raise rpm then I will load the fuck out of the primary 

11 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

It's a belt drive system similiar to poos.  Contrary to your belief and the marketing hype around it, it's nothing special.  Parts will and do fail.  Cat isn't using some secret belt material or sprocket tooth geometry here and surely their suppliers are only capable of the same machine tolerances for the bearing bores in which controls the center to center distances and alignment of said sprockets.    Don't be an ignorant fool here and continue to believe that these are indestructible and somehow whisper quiet.   Any gates poly chain used in any application or industry is capable of failing.

You can buy the belt from dyco directly for like 50 bucks 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

brake dust or belt dust? 

Brake dust is a reddish orange color. I am sure it is a mixture of both. When I got my procrosses clutched right the black disappeared and the brake dust stayed inside the belly pan. The sled would pull from zero to top end with out needing a mile to get the last 15mph out of it. It also ran down a trail with out screaming rpm and used less gas. That 500 dollar team tied paid for itself I ran. 

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Brake dust is a reddish orange color. I am sure it is a mixture of both. When I got my procrosses clutched right the black disappeared and the brake dust stayed inside the belly pan. The sled would pull from zero to top end with out needing a mile to get the last 15mph out of it. It also ran down a trail with out screaming rpm and used less gas. That 500 dollar team tied paid for itself I ran. 

We are definitely running into a big wall at 70-80.  I made 3 weight adjustments so far.  The adjustments were basically adding more weight each time. I’m up to 58.8 grams on heavy hitters.  That’s actually pretty heavy.  As these weight “act” 3-4 grams heavier then they actually are.  I was seeing 8350 at times.  Plus I like to keep adding weight until it can’t pull it.  Today I’m also trying a different secondary spring. Venom green/silver.  155/220 I only have about 90 miles on the sled.  All really hard miles INTO the pipe a lot.  You’ll know when your into the pipe on these.  They do sound very nice imo stock.  So the only change I started with was different weights.  Heavy hitters.  Still stock helix and stick primary spring. TODAY diff secondary spring and more weight.  Happy trails.  Once again Cat clutching stock is in need of work. The sled handles and tides nice.  Seat is to hard.  And the guage could have been angled ever so slightly back some more.  That guage is out front of you a ways. 

Edited by jonlafon1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

which pad compound does the rxc'r get?  

53 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

We are definitely running into a big wall at 70-80.  I made 3 weight adjustments so far.  The adjustments were basically adding more weight each time. I’m up to 58.8 grams on heavy hitters.  That’s actually pretty heavy.  As these weight “act” 3-4 grams heavier then they actually are.  I was seeing 8350 at times.  Plus I like to keep adding weight until it can’t pull it.  Today I’m also trying a different secondary spring. Venom green/silver.  180/240.  I only have about 90 miles on the sled.  All really hard miles INTO the pipe a lot.  You’ll know when your into the pipe on these.  They do sound very nice imo stock.  So the only change I started with was different weights.  Heavy hitters.  Still stock helix and stick primary spring. TODAY diff secondary spring and more weight.  Happy trails.  Once again Cat clutching stock is in need of work. The sled handles and tides nice.  Seat is to hard.  And the guage could have been angled ever so slightly back some more.  That guage is out front of you a ways. 

I want to be surprised people are going through this with the clutching... but sadly I'm not.  Maybe they set these up from the factory just for people like Jim?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

which pad compound does the rxc'r get?  

I want to be surprised people are going through this with the clutching... but sadly I'm not.  Maybe they set these up from the factory just for people like Jim?

No this is not even on Jim level. I did notice it’s getting stronger every mile. It’s pulling good weight for hitters. Time to ride this belt duster!  :music1:

ZR's and Riots get 1702-475 pads $85 and 3602-297 solid rotor $70

1702-475-1.jpg

RXC gets 3602-017 pads $192 and 2602-720 rotor $206

3602-017-1.jpg

2602-720-1.jpg

Caliper appears to be the same... fwiw

7 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

We are definitely running into a big wall at 70-80.  I made 3 weight adjustments so far.  The adjustments were basically adding more weight each time. I’m up to 58.8 grams on heavy hitters.  That’s actually pretty heavy.  As these weight “act” 3-4 grams heavier then they actually are.  I was seeing 8350 at times.  Plus I like to keep adding weight until it can’t pull it.  Today I’m also trying a different secondary spring. Venom green/silver.  155/220 I only have about 90 miles on the sled.  All really hard miles INTO the pipe a lot.  You’ll know when your into the pipe on these.  They do sound very nice imo stock.  So the only change I started with was different weights.  Heavy hitters.  Still stock helix and stick primary spring. TODAY diff secondary spring and more weight.  Happy trails.  Once again Cat clutching stock is in need of work. The sled handles and tides nice.  Seat is to hard.  And the guage could have been angled ever so slightly back some more.  That guage is out front of you a ways. 

Interested to hear what you think, I was just telling Greg I’m gonna throw that 48S and 155/222 spring off my 19 limited in mine.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Interested to hear what you think, I was just telling Greg I’m gonna throw that 48S and 155/222 spring off my 19 limited in mine.

just swap the movable sheave, way faster and easier.

But remember @ZR6000RR said to install the belt before putting on the outer sheave.

Edited by krom

31 minutes ago, krom said:

just swap the movable sheave, way faster and easier.

But remember @ZR6000RR said to install the belt before putting on the outer sheave.

That was my plan. How would he know? They don’t blow belts and the clutching is perfect out of the box

133 miles today. The lighter secondary spring helped ALOT. I had LESS belt dust in 133 miles today compared to 20 miles yesterday.  I changed up the weights 3 times so far. Getting closer on this one guys.  I’m guessing if your running the stock profile weight your going to need 62-63 grams.  Guessing.  Been running heavy hitters for 15 years in every sled I had. I need more weight and need to move it around just slightly.  I’m guessing I will be around 59.5 or 60 grams on hitters.  This would be like 63-65 on s stock weight.  I will report back with numbers and details on changes on the weights. Got 213 miles on this RXC.  Getting stronger.  And managed to get the belt up closer to where it should be full shift.  Running mid 80,s and 8250.  I did not fully stretch it out today.  But judging from my primary wipe I’m getting closer to better set up.  I think the top end will come with more weight and miles. IMG_2210.thumb.jpeg.9c4d4b49e0c880777b592cf2a7f7a164.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Yes I think that’s a good idea. I will say I’m going to stick with the stock helix and see if I can get it to work. It just shifts out so fast. I need to load up the adjustable slightly more in the middle hole. I’m trying to get it to up shift slower. Usually a shallow helix will to this.  That 48 might be the ticket.  But I think your going to need MORE weight then the 60 stockers.  Just some thoughts from the few miles I got on it.  It’s definitely getting stronger and pulling more weight with more miles.  

road back to back with my Polaris. The ifp sled rides like shit at any speed vs the poo. If you are ordering a catalyst for 25 order it with any shock package other the ifp. Riding position is similar, catalyst has more leg room. the Polaris steers flatter. the catalyst more aggressive steering lets you get over the sled better and the front end works better. The 800 has 18mph more top end than the catalyst and there is no contest in a 30mph stomp down over 70. A catalyst without piss poor clutching would probably run right with it until it ran out of gear instead of 70. Last tank of gas I got 9.4mpg