Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

North Star Rick sells snake oil in fifty five gallon drums... 9_9

:roflcrying:

BEST race clutch kit made....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:stoned:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He will throw in a gallon of amsoil for 45.99 with the purchase of any clutch kit. 

3 hours ago, krom said:

It's the impossible to find sold out catalyst right @ZR6000RR 

Screenshot_20240104-152315.png

So when a dealer has them, are they considered sold? I mean by Cat? If so, stupid post from a useless fuck!

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

So when a dealer has them, are they considered sold? I mean by Cat? If so, stupid post from a useless fuck!

Keep saying Stupid stuff Jimmy, you make laugh..

12 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

What do you consider a sold unit?

• Like 1

Had a chance to pull both clutches last night on the RXC Catalyst. (that was even tight / getting clutch out after popping off with puller).. I like the Adapt(working on it and by looks) compared to the team besides the super light weight cheap ass cover on the primary. The rollers have a full length bushing in them(nice rollers/bushing). I was under the impression that years past did not have a full length bushing in the primary clutch rollers? The adapt appears to be pretty easy to service provided you have the proper holding device for bench working it. The SLP one I had for years worked perfect for replacing some hardware with light weight components. https://www.startinglineproducts.com/clutch-holding-fixture.html

The primary weights were VERY close in weight to each other(have seen some stock cat weights be way worse). 

Wondering what the purpose of the plastic green washer is. Sits above the primary spring pocket so to speak. Assuming it stops the clutch from over shifting? Has this washer always been in the adapt? or something new? they have to different shims one is white I believe and one green>COLLAR,PRIMARY SHIFT STOP - 1.86MM Arctic cat part number 1646-129> what came in the RXC adapt. The secondary appears to be the same as previous years. Besides maybe the short bolts that hold the spider and spring inside the inner half secondary sheave. 

This adapt is new to me so still learning and soaking up info.. Any info appreciated.. 

adapt. team.jpg

adapt.team2.jpg

adapt stock weights catalyst.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

on Facebook marketplace there's dozens of new units available within a few hundred miles of me.  'sold' means delivered and paid for by a customer in the world I live in.  produced is an entirely different subject.  BRP and Polaris will have hundreds if not a thousand unsold sleds available at the end of the season. 

imo people either backed out because of the 858 or the lack of snow... or possibly interest rates for the 'debt slaves'. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

What do you consider a sold unit?

Apparently, any sled that leaves TRF is "sold" in Jim's world?  Odd, as I'm pretty sure a unit is on the books until it's off the dealer's inventory and registered by a buyer. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Apparently, any sled that leaves TRF is "sold" in Jim's world?  Odd, as I'm pretty sure a unit is on the books until it's off the dealer's inventory and registered by a buyer. 

You probably ruined the chances for another potentially "informative response" from Jim. :pan:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

19 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

BEST race clutch kit made....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:stoned:

Biggest dealer for venom clutch components...

https://venomproducts.com/dealers/

so big they dont even have him listed on their site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@jonlafon1  Nice work on digging into the clutching.  These are easier to break down and replace parts.

I have only seen the green spacer in previous clutches.  They seem odd because they just "float" until they contact.  I wonder if the white is thicker?  My understanding is they are important to prevent overclocking the weights.  The weights do have contact closer to the end vs. the old clutches.

I agree that the cover seems awful light.  It will flex if you goof around and tighten one side at a time.  Lazy wrenchers might have issues. 

Not sure if the roller bushings were changed?  They were full length, but in two sections pressed from each side.

I compared the weights on two new sets last season.  The low to high variance was .31 g with two outliers making up most of the difference.  I also checked roller to weight variance on a few clutches.  They were pretty close and within .007 on the worst one.  I had some old clutches that were off by quite a bit.  I had a TEAM that was almost .030 right out of the box.

I'd agree that the helix bolts seem short.  I have not had any of these break loose.  I do keep spare sets on hand and swap in new if they've seen multiple rounds.  That's an old habit I still use.  I also like to clean the threads to make sure they get correct torque with such short contact area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

@jonlafon1  Nice work on digging into the clutching.  These are easier to break down and replace parts.

I have only seen the green spacer in previous clutches.  They seem odd because they just "float" until they contact.  I wonder if the white is thicker?  My understanding is they are important to prevent overclocking the weights.  The weights do have contact closer to the end vs. the old clutches.

I agree that the cover seems awful light.  It will flex if you goof around and tighten one side at a time.  Lazy wrenchers might have issues. 

Not sure if the roller bushings were changed?  They were full length, but in two sections pressed from each side.

I compared the weights on two new sets last season.  The low to high variance was .31 g with two outliers making up most of the difference.  I also checked roller to weight variance on a few clutches.  They were pretty close and within .007 on the worst one.  I had some old clutches that were off by quite a bit.  I had a TEAM that was almost .030 right out of the box.

I'd agree that the helix bolts seem short.  I have not had any of these break loose.  I do keep spare sets on hand and swap in new if they've seen multiple rounds.  That's an old habit I still use.  I also like to clean the threads to make sure they get correct torque with such short contact area.

Thank you.. I have been reading as much as possible about these adapt.. I read many of your posts about some issues you had on 800's.. Assuming its you on other sites. Not saying this is the case for your 800's but my 21 was a fuel mapping issue NOT clutch setups.. The fuel map is complete garbage.. Lean spot around 5000 rpm causes the sled to be very touchy and jumpy around the 5000 rpm range give or take depending on your clutch set up. I have been reading a lot and guys IMO are mistaking the fuel map issues(800 cat motrs) with clutching. 

Okay yes the bushings are maybe two piece but tightly butted up against each other.. So not sure what the issue is or was.  I find roller bushing issues to be more common on big HP and OR running heavy weights, and these adapt run really light weights? . I do have a set of bushings from BDX if the stockers fail.. I want to try the stocker first.. From looking at them I thought they seemed fine.. Looks mean nothing at times though.. Run times and cycling will tell the story. 

The white spacer ring is thicker yes

the clutch cover is a weak point IMO.. The towers are flexing with this stock cover IMO. 

The secondary bolts that hold the spider and spring inside sheave just have a different head on them. Used to be( i believe) a torque and now appears to be a square or whatever the term is for that kind of tip used to loosen and tighten them.  

Edited by jonlafon1

21 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Ricky and Phil that good days

361425070_Ricksnuts.jpg.2384dab4db276d0503ff1aa2b191b2a2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Ricky and Phil that good days

361425070_Ricksnuts.jpg.2384dab4db276d0503ff1aa2b191b2a2.jpg

this is the same guy who couldn't figure out how to remove a Procross hood... 

wolves 

polar bears 

fix kits

he's a goddamned legend 

28 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

the clutch cover is a weak point IMO.. The towers are flexing with this stock cover IMO. 

At least add ribs between the towers

adapt.team2.jpg.d0be411b741d0bb9c235626eb784c6fc.jpg

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

At least add ribs between the towers

adapt.team2.jpg.d0be411b741d0bb9c235626eb784c6fc.jpg

look at all the meat between the towers, that's where the stress is, not at the red lines

43 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Thank you.. I have been reading as much as possible about these adapt.. I read many of your posts about some issues you had on 800's.. Assuming its you on other sites. Not saying this is the case for your 800's but my 21 was a fuel mapping issue NOT clutch setups.. The fuel map is complete garbage.. Lean spot around 5000 rpm causes the sled to be very touchy and jumpy around the 5000 rpm range give or take depending on your clutch set up. I have been reading a lot and guys IMO are mistaking the fuel map issues(800 cat motrs) with clutching. 

Okay yes the bushings are maybe two piece but tightly butted up against each other.. So not sure what the issue is or was.  I find roller bushing issues to be more common on big HP and OR running heavy weights, and these adapt run really light weights? . I do have a set of bushings from BDX if the stockers fail.. I want to try the stocker first.. From looking at them I thought they seemed fine.. Looks mean nothing at times though.. Run times and cycling will tell the story. 

The white spacer ring is thicker yes

The secondary bolts that hold the spider and spring inside sheave just have a different head on them. Used to be( i believe) a torque and now appears to be a square or whatever the term is for that kind of tip used to loosen and tighten them.  

Clutching mostly hid the issue on my 800, but yeah it is most definitely a mapping issue.