Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

44 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Nobody is trying to tear you down.  You're being made fun of because you're a dumbass.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I’m a dumbass because I bought an F -series sled? :dunno:

Edited by AK440

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Nobody is trying to tear you down.  You're being made fun of because you're a dumbass.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I put that idiot on ignore a few days ago.  Always telling people how wrong they are and he rides a Barney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was at Skunk Works today getting some wrench therapy. I got a good look at the various windshield heights. The medium and high have decent width and should provide some decent hand protection. The windshields are not as far ahead of you as on the Matryx, and should provide better protection in the bubble. 

On the Matryx, the windshield is way too far forward to provide decent protection and your hands remain pretty exposed. 

IMG_20231231_135113962_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20231231_135120192_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20231231_135207078_HDR_AE.jpg

• Like 2

Found a few things to watch today. This screw was making contact with the harness and needed to be relocated down and away. 

IMG_20231231_135218824_HDR_AE.jpg

Lastly- the clearance between the primary and the side body panel is damn tight. Cat has a cool solution to keep the primary from rubbing on the side panel if you tip the sled. There is an aluminum rail that will protect the panel if contact is made. 

IMG_20231231_135723984_AE.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

Lastly- the clearance between the primary and the side body panel is damn tight. Cat has a cool solution to keep the primary from rubbing on the side panel if you tip the sled. There is an aluminum rail that will protect the panel if contact is made. 

Yeah you have to take 2 screws out to give the belly pan to flex enough to get the belt off. Glad I tried that at home. Once I figured that out it wasn’t hard to do.  I am sure someone can gorilla it out of the sled but I find it easier to remove the 2 screws 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

That grey piece pivots out of the way, 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, krom said:

I had no idea it moves. That explains why there is only 2 removable screws and the middle one looks like a rivit or is a rivit. 

13 hours ago, krom said:

The thing moves down pretty easy.

I also tore the light gray foam out around the clutch.  I'd recommend doing that before the glue really sets.  It's still fairly tight.  I turn the clutch with the belt shoved between towers.

18 hours ago, AK440 said:

The VR1 is an old man’s sled. You can’t even ride it and your still running you mouth. You should shut it before you get made the fool of. 

The twin spar is literally the most old-man chassis ever made lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Premium said:

not after drinking a gallon of washer fluid... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, AK440 said:

Why all the hate towards the Ripsaw 1? I had that track on two different new sleds in the mid-00’s and thought it did really well in hard packed or icy snow. In unpacked snow when riding off any type of trail it spun more than I expected but I didn’t hate it. I still have one of those tracks and it’s held up pretty well for the past 14 years. 

I forgot all about the quiet track technology Cat came out with. Is that still a thing? 

That track is the most useless track I've ever seen put on a "modern" sled.  It sucks on snow which is where you ride a snowmobile.

19 hours ago, AK440 said:

What’s wrong with an F-series Cat? Certain people bought them when they were brand new. 

They ride like old people fuck.

4 minutes ago, krom said:

I though the fad of over priced interchangeable head domes that don't do anything was over

alive and well apparently... send your $'ies

5 hours ago, krom said:

What sled is that??

According to Deephaven it’s a Nytro. 

4 hours ago, Premium said:

You sure about that? At one time a certain member of this forum was really pleased with his. 

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

That track is the most useless track I've ever seen put on a "modern" sled.  It sucks on snow which is where you ride a snowmobile.

They ride like old people fuck.

You’re an idiot. :idiot: The Ripsaw 1 hooks up really well on set up snow. It’s not the best for unpacked snow off trail but you wouldn’t know shit about that as all you have are groomed trails. 

11 minutes ago, AK440 said:

You sure about that? At one time a certain member of this forum was really pleased with his. 

Not sure if that's some sort of "gotcha" aimed at me, but if it is ...  I'll own up to the fact that I was a diehard green lover in those days, and pretty much swallowed my pride for the first year owning that sled.  The second year, reality set in and I realized what I really had ... a grandpa style, touring sled, which rode fantastic but was about as gutless as it gets.  Comfortable, and great on the trails but far from anything they promoted it as in replacing the F7.

Welcome to 2007-2008 and your new shiny toy.  Like I said, good luck if you get stuck!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Not sure if that's some sort of "gotcha" aimed at me, but if it is ...  I'll own up to the fact that I was a diehard green lover in those days, and pretty much swallowed my pride for the first year owning that sled.  The second year, reality set in and I realized what I really had ... a grandpa style, touring sled, which rode fantastic but was about as gutless as it gets.  Comfortable, and great on the trails but far from anything they promoted it as in replacing the F7.

Welcome to 2007-2008 and your new shiny toy.  Like I said, good luck if you get stuck!! :lol:

What kind of total fucking moron thinks pulling their belly pan off is the way to adjust an oil pump? You are that total fucking moron! Holy shit, are you stupid. You owned one of these piece of shit sleds. Bought it brand new and then thought you’d lean out the oil pump for more power. :smack::lol2::lolz::lmao:
You just got trolled and owned dipshit! I didn’t buy anything but I knew you’d jump out of the woodwork to try and bash me. I even cut and pasted your own fucking posts as replies and you still didn’t catch on! TOTAL fucking OWNAGE!! :fishing::fishing::owned::owned::mc::idiot:

1960A07F-D6B4-47EF-B159-EF4EE3B47DE4.png

431CD6DF-66A1-436F-9662-3B71AA2AE2FB.png

343B1EA0-656B-4F38-BC11-3BDDFA016F18.png