Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If you are on hard pack, you should be able to get another mph or tree out on on of those. 

On my one 19, I saw 101 on the speedo until I touched down on the other side of the little crest.  That was pinned WFO for  a solid 3/4 mile on a course that was pretty much rock hard.  Burned through a new set of Vespel hyfax at that race.

Her friend bought a Renegade and ended up doing that.

top speed probably varies more on conditions and rider weight than anything... have seen 90/91 on the 500 on nearly bare ice a couple years back.  on snow, almost always around 81/82-ish wfo with a good belt (speedo).

need to get the new RXC engine broken in before my brother comes home to abuse it... that's not looking good atm.  sigh...   

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and had you ordered this model expecting a Rip2... ?

but yeah... most people probably wouldn't know a Rip1 from a Cobra

even being uncoupled... but with this track, I've a feeling it's going to spin a lot.

5 hours ago, krom said:

I'd take it every single time over a cobra.

I've never liked that track, in any lenght I've ridden it..  Always felt greasy, and didn't brake for shit.

I put a Storm 150 with 192 studs on my turbo and I love it. Still spins quite a bit from a dead start but that's expected for a 185 lb rider, 250 hp, and a boat anchor 4 stroke up front.  I do a lot of U.P. riding though, and that 30-80 mph pull is intoxicating.

I have experience with both a studded cobra and a studded ripsaw 2 on my sleds and I liked both...essentially the cobra was a better loose snow track and the rip2 a better groomed trail/cornering track.

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

95/96 on sticky ice isn't too shabby

these aren't going to hit 100 on 'snow' though... I believe

best I saw on the 21 RXC last winter was 91mph on snow, but one cylinder was making 'extra compression' with a longer stroke.  :lolz:

102 on glare ice reading 106 on speedo from my buddy testing out around pine lake ish area a couple weeks ago when there was ice.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

top speed probably varies more on conditions and rider weight than anything... have seen 90/91 on the 500 on nearly bare ice a couple years back.  on snow, almost always around 81/82-ish wfo with a good belt (speedo).

need to get the new RXC engine broken in before my brother comes home to abuse it... that's not looking good atm.  sigh...   

Really only need 100 or so miles on to break it in.

3 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

102 on glare ice reading 106 on speedo from my buddy testing out around pine lake ish area a couple weeks ago when there was ice.

Ken?  He was rolling through Wisconsin the day we were at Pine Lake.

I have a feeling the Procross sleds will be faster then the Catalyst in a straight line, at least right now.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, krom said:

my junk always has 3 or 4 studs per bar, usually 1.45 in a 1.25 track, back when we did a lot more racing/inproptu drag events, I'd use longer, 1.6 triggers fit just fine in a procross with 1.25 track, and 1.8 will work in a riot either being a little careful, or with stm tunnel protectors to keep them from nicking the top of the tunnel at the "kink"

Only time I'll consider riding an unstudded sled is demo's.  And I have a questionable history doing that even....

I got 1.450 gold diggers ready to go. Probably tomorrow’s project. Going with 135 of them. Should be a good balance on a 600

• Like 2

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Really only need 100 or so miles on to break it in.

Ken?

I have a feeling the Procross sleds will be faster then the Catalyst in a straight line, at least right now.

Yessir, the day he blew the mod up again which I think is the only day they got out.  Its out of gear with no faster options for now, hopefully some afterbirth support on that soon.

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

My 2015 tucker would run 103 mph on the speedo with a team tied and a blue printed primary on hard packed roads. On groomed rail grades it would run high 90s. Stock it was lows 90s on the grade and took a long time to get it there. That Sled got roughly 9.5 mpg running it like that so the catalyst may have range issues for me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

My 2015 tucker would run 103 mph on the speedo with a team tied and a blue printed primary on hard packed roads. On groomed rail grades it would run high 90s. Stock it was lows 90s on the grade and took a long time to get it there. That Sled got roughly 9.5 mpg running it like that so the catalyst may have range issues for me

Difference is you wont have a gallon of unused fuel, so it is a wash.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Can run a Procross tank dry in 70 miles pretty easy.  65 if you are pushing it pretty good, 62 or less if you are really hauling the mail and/or are breaking trail or have heavy snow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I was putting 9 gallons in my 800 cyexh at 85 miles. I doubt a catalyst will still be running. The 7000 would get about 4 mpg better doing the same thing. The ctechs aren’t really much better on gas than the old Suzukis. They are way better on oil as they run constantly vs the old mechanical pumps. Mine ran roughly 50:1 all time where the Suzuki was like 30:1 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I was putting 9 gallons in my 800 cyexh at 85 miles. I doubt a catalyst will still be running. The 7000 would get about 4 mpg better doing the same thing. The ctechs aren’t really much better on gas than the old Suzukis. They are way better on oil as they run constantly vs the old mechanical pumps. Mine ran roughly 50:1 all time where the Suzuki was like 30:1 

Kind of funny, but the CTEC gets the best fuel and oil economy out racing.  That is why you'd see the Doo's carrying gas cans at the 500.  They couldn't make it the 62-63 miles between fuel stops.  The Polaris sleds would barely make it.  The Cats could get borderline too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Kind of funny, but the CTEC gets the best fuel and oil economy out racing.  That is why you'd see the Doo's carrying gas cans at the 500.  They couldn't make it the 62-63 miles between fuel stops.  The Polaris sleds would barely make it.  The Cats could get borderline too.

I can believe that. We did a rental sled f you ride because there was just enough snow to ride and did t want to tare up our sleds so we rented 600 etechs. They were out of gas in like 50 miles 

Edited by Not greg b

My fiancés old etec was brutal on gas and she would give ramstad a run for his money in the slow department. It also got a complete long block from Ingles at 5k miles. But the doo guys swear etecs are bulletproof and make gas as you ride 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Well slow down and enjoy the scenery. 

15 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

My fiancés old etec was brutal on gas and she would give ramstad a run for his money in the slow department. It also got a complete long block from Ingles at 5k miles. But the doo guys swear etecs are bulletproof and make gas as you ride 

I averaged 14.6 last year. Would have used a gallon of oil at 1100 plus. 

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I find it hard to believe. sled is running is 75:1 1100 miles at 14.6 mpg. 

Well, it is, unless my GPS and SPEEDO are both off. My 2015 went 1400 plus. Full tank, to full tank.

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I find it hard to believe. sled is running is 75:1 1100 miles at 14.6 mpg. 

at low speed, low throttle, low load, the engine doesn't need our use much oil, so when you ride like old people fuck, you don't burn much oil.

Plus he's a lying sack of shit who prob made the entire thing up

Edited by krom
  • Haha 2