Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

52 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

driveway pics... it's a nice unit. :thumbsup:

Catextron's employees should take a victory lap.  Already trying to figure out how to turn it into a brand new 128 SnoPro... with @Not greg b's checkbook before I build my own. :roflcrying:

also, looks like it's going to be a cold ride after analyzing the body work.  have a few ideas 💡

IMG_20231229_160109733.jpg

IMG_20231229_155325761.jpg

IMG_20231229_155314753.jpg

IMG_20231229_154452927_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231229_154244380_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231229_154159847_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231229_154141560_HDR.jpg

Is that a hipster road soda on the tailgate I see?

throw a pair of calipers on that driveshaft hex, it will tell you everything you need to know.  (even though I refuse to change drivers)

Edited by krom

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

No test ride? Looks like your acorn weather prediction method is as full of shit as you are. How do you keep up with clearing ALL.THAT. SNOW?

holy shit!

haven't seen a single picture of whatever it is you should be out riding rather than posting on an obscure snowmobile forum general discussion forum, because you're balls deep with snow...

imposter-fraud.gif

you're not Alaskan, you're a fake, a fraud, a phony...  an outright liar. 

3 hours ago, krom said:

Is that a hipster road soda on the tailgate I see?

throw a pair of calipers on that driveshaft hex, it will tell you everything you need to know.  (even though I refuse to change drivers)

the store was out of Schlitz and Old Milwaukee... you need to realize I'm old. 

didn't get an opportunity to measure them, @Not greg bhad to high tail it back to the Yoop to log some epic miles and break it in (see FB 😂) even though I suggested he do a UP offload into the driveway, then grab a trackstand out of the trailer and run it down to the boat landing/track Dyno... 

but I'm rambling... looks like the same old hex and cheap drivers they've used for ages.  easy enough to swap out for 8/9T 2.52p cogs.  also, no Rip2... wtf?  I see what I like (most everything) and what I'd swap out or upgrade for personal preference... a few expensive bits and pieces.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the store was out of Schlitz and Old Milwaukee... you need to realize I'm old. 

didn't get an opportunity to measure them, @Not greg bhad to high tail it back to the Yoop to log some epic miles and break it in (see FB 😂) even though I suggested he do a UP offload into the driveway, then grab a trackstand out of the trailer and run it down to the boat landing/track Dyno... 

but I'm rambling... looks like the same old hex and cheap drivers they've used for ages.  easy enough to swap out for 8/9T 2.52p cogs.  also, no Rip2... wtf?  I see what I like (most everything) and what I'd swap out or upgrade for personal preference... a few expensive bits and pieces.  

Wait, 129s ended up with a 1.25" ripsaw-1 ??

Edited by Premium
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Yes the original 1.25 rip saw. I hate that track. Also according to my build sheet it has the rxc gearing and 48 straight helix. 

Huh - interesting.  I was up at my buddy's yesterday, checking out his new RXC and his wife's ZR.  We were literally talking about her track being a Ripsaw vs. his being a Cobra & I asked him if it was a Rip2 or not because I wasn't sure.  I didn't even know if the Rip1 was still available .. obviously it is.

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

Huh - interesting.  I was up at my buddy's yesterday, checking out his new RXC and his wife's ZR.  We were literally talking about her track being a Ripsaw vs. his being a Cobra & I asked him if it was a Rip2 or not because I wasn't sure.  I didn't even know if the Rip1 was still available .. obviously it is.

Yeah I figured it had gone away. The sled was originally speced with the 129 rip 2 on cat’s website 

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah I figured it had gone away. The sled was originally speced with the 129 rip 2 on cat’s website 

and upon examining it... it's the quiet version as well?   

as we discussed, I'd put on 8T 2.52 drivers and a 128" ice attak xt... or a studded Cobra

https://camso.co/en/powersports/snowmobile/products/ice-attak-xt/

maybe at some point Cat will catch up to P&D and give their customers a few track options when spring ordering... not that Greg's was a spring order but Cat's site still shows a Rip2 being the std track for the sled he purchased.  bad mark for Cat here... :dunno:  

ripoff2.png

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

as we discussed, I'd put on 8T 2.52 drivers and a 128" ice attak xt... or a studded Cobra

https://camso.co/en/powersports/snowmobile/products/ice-attak-xt/

maybe at some point Cat will catch up to P&D and give their customers a few track options when spring ordering... not that Greg's was a spring order but Cat's site still shows a Rip2 being the std track for the sled he purchased.  bad mark for Cat here... :dunno:  

ripoff2.png

"subject to change":mc:

Camso has been a shit show since before 'rona.  strikes, and labor shortages etc.  Track availability was one of the things that limited production for 24.  With the small production volume ac/textron has, they don't have a ton of pull or purchasing power and are at supplier mercy

Edited by krom
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, krom said:

"subject to change":mc:

i mean seriously... it's a joke.  

then again, I saw a bunch of Doo's with studded tracks sitting on the showroom floor a year or two back because BRP couldn't get their exclusive ice tracks from Camso.

but seriously... of all the different 129 track options... THAT track?  9_9

https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/categories/129-tracks.html

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

FWIW I threw together a post on chat with all the catalyst info I could round up quick.  Its not as helpful as jimwits belt changing advice, but I'm hoping to on day be able to know as much about sleds as he does.

https://www.arcticchat.com/threads/catalyst-clutching-gearing-info.506340/

Edited by krom
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, krom said:

I hope jimwit doesn't get scared seeing a view from behind the bars at over 30 mph

95/96 on sticky ice isn't too shabby

these aren't going to hit 100 on 'snow' though... I believe

best I saw on the 21 RXC last winter was 91mph on snow, but one cylinder was making 'extra compression' with a longer stroke.  :lolz:

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Like previously stated, this has more to do with what Cat is able to get reliably for production. 90% of the riders have no idea, and probably could care less. 

3 hours ago, krom said:

FWIW I threw together a post on chat with all the catalyst info I could round up quick.  Its not as helpful as jimwits belt changing advice, but I'm hoping to on day be able to know as much about sleds as he does.

https://www.arcticchat.com/threads/catalyst-clutching-gearing-info.506340/

Nothing is as helpful as Jim's advice. 

**The view inside the Arctic Cat marketing department every time Jim posts something**

2646271.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

Like previously stated, this has more to do with what Cat is able to get reliably for production. 90% of the riders have no idea, and probably could care less. 

and had you ordered this model expecting a Rip2... ?

but yeah... most people probably wouldn't know a Rip1 from a Cobra

even being uncoupled... but with this track, I've a feeling it's going to spin a lot.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and had you ordered this model expecting a Rip2... ?

but yeah... most people probably wouldn't know a Rip1 from a Cobra

even being uncoupled... but with this track, I've a feeling it's going to spin a lot.

I'd take it every single time over a cobra.

I've never liked that track, in any lenght I've ridden it..  Always felt greasy, and didn't brake for shit.

3 minutes ago, krom said:

I'd take it every single time over a cobra.

I've never liked that track, in any lenght I've ridden it..  Always felt greasy, and didn't brake for shit.

which is weird because it seems to be a loved or hated track... in loose snow I like it quite a bit.  helps to have it studded.  Greg and I were looking at the three different tracks in the driveway between all the sleds and tbh, I'd put on another one of those Ice Attak XT's again for groomed trail riding.  if it's deep or powdery snow the Cobra is superior... imo. 

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

i mean seriously... it's a joke.  

then again, I saw a bunch of Doo's with studded tracks sitting on the showroom floor a year or two back because BRP couldn't get their exclusive ice tracks from Camso.

but seriously... of all the different 129 track options... THAT track?  9_9

https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/categories/129-tracks.html

When the wife bought her Doo, she wanted a Renegade with the Ice Ripper on it, but none of the 3 dealers we would use had one, they couldn't get one, and they were not sure when they'd be able to get one.  

Bought a TNT with it on there instead.  Only one around that had one in a 600.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

which is weird because it seems to be a loved or hated track... in loose snow I like it quite a bit.  helps to have it studded.  Greg and I were looking at the three different tracks in the driveway between all the sleds and tbh, I'd put on another one of those Ice Attak XT's again for groomed trail riding.  if it's deep or powdery snow the Cobra is superior... imo. 

my junk always has 3 or 4 studs per bar, usually 1.45 in a 1.25 track, back when we did a lot more racing/inproptu drag events, I'd use longer, 1.6 triggers fit just fine in a procross with 1.25 track, and 1.8 will work in a riot either being a little careful, or with stm tunnel protectors to keep them from nicking the top of the tunnel at the "kink"

Only time I'll consider riding an unstudded sled is demo's.  And I have a questionable history doing that even....

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

When the wife bought her Doo, she wanted a Renegade with the Ice Ripper on it, but none of the 3 dealers we would use had one, they couldn't get one, and they were not sure when they'd be able to get one.  

Bought a TNT with it on there instead.  Only one around that had one in a 600.

buddies 900R Doo Renny came with the ripper... he still added 2 per bar.  hooks pretty good.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

95/96 on sticky ice isn't too shabby

these aren't going to hit 100 on 'snow' though... I believe

best I saw on the 21 RXC last winter was 91mph on snow, but one cylinder was making 'extra compression' with a longer stroke.  :lolz:

If you are on hard pack, you should be able to get another mph or tree out on on of those. 

On my one 19, I saw 101 on the speedo until I touched down on the other side of the little crest.  That was pinned WFO for  a solid 3/4 mile on a course that was pretty much rock hard.  Burned through a new set of Vespel hyfax at that race.

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

buddies 900R Doo Renny came with the ripper... he still added 2 per bar.  hooks pretty good.

Her friend bought a Renegade and ended up doing that.

• Like 1